romo having an MVP year...

TonyRomo#9

if brady had picked another year to do... this...
romo would be MVP on his first full year as a starter.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Tony Romo;1734210 said:

...and Manning might still have something to say before the end of the season. It's not guaranteed that Romo is the second best QB in the game.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'm happy with Romo. I'm very comfortable with him being our franchise QB for years to come and he's just getting started. At least we're not digging for positives in him like we have in the past with other "franchise QB" busts and like other teams in our division are doing right now. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Tony Romo;1734210 said:

Not with that 5-INT day against the Bills.

TonyRomo#9

look at his stats dude, even with his bad day, he is right behind brady on almost everything, save TDs. and i thought MVP was a season thing, not one game...

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;1734243 said:
I'm happy with Romo. I'm very comfortable with him being our franchise QB for years to come and he's just getting started. At least we're not digging for positives in him like we have in the past with other "franchise QB" busts and like other teams in our division are doing right now. ;)
Or like skins fans! LOL LMAO!!!!!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
davidyee;1734222 said:
It's not guaranteed that Romo is the second best QB in the game.

Not guaranteed??

Is there anyone who even thinks that?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1734355 said:
Not guaranteed??

Is there anyone who even thinks that?

I say he is #3 at this point. I think he could compete for #1 or #2 in the future, but he has to gain control over the some of his wreckless nature. There is no question he is getting better. I just don't want him to end up with the same mantra as Farve has had throughout his career where when he has INTs they come in packs of 3 or more.

superpunk

Reaction score
Except he might be getting beat out by Derek Anderson...who has more TDs in less games. :eek:

SCREW YOU, DEREK ANDERSON!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
superpunk;1734697 said:
Except he might be getting beat out by Derek Anderson...who has more TDs in less games. :eek:

Yeah, we should have drafted Quinn and then traded him to the Browns for Anderson! :laugh2:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
superpunk;1734697 said:

Didn't Anderson played in seven games just like Romo?

superpunk

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1734740 said:
Didn't Anderson played in seven games just like Romo?

He's only started 6. But yeah, he's played in 7.

The thing that gets me is - Crennel had all summer to decide which QB was better, Frye or Anderson, and he picked Frye. Then, Frye is so unbelievable terrible that he puts in Anderson and trades Frye.

What kind of moron is Romeo Crennel?

sago1

Reaction score
Romo needs to pick up his play for the rest of the season in order for the Cowboys to win the NFC East and get the top seed in the playoffs. That is the most important thing. Doubt he gets much consideration for MVP this year due to Brady's performance which probably continues down the stretch.

I do believe Romo will take a giant step in 08 as he gains lot more experience against various types of defenses and becomes knowledgeable about other teams' players and various stadium situations. Frankly, while I'd love to see the Cowboys go to the SB this year, I believe this team is too young and Romo too inexperienced to win the big game. Next year is our year with Romo really allowing his God given talent to shine. I'll go on record and say we win the SB and Romo's the MVP.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
superpunk;1734747 said:
He's only started 6. But yeah, he's played in 7.
Ok, I see what you meant.

The thing that gets me is - Crennel had all summer to decide which QB was better, Frye or Anderson, and he picked Frye. Then, Frye is so unbelievable terrible that he puts in Anderson and trades Frye.

What kind of moron is Romeo Crennel?
That was puzzling because Frye's plays was nowhere near Anderson's so I can't believe he failed to see the performance difference between Frye and Anderson.

As long as Crennel is Browns' HC, they aren't going to have many winning seasons, if any.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
sago1;1734758 said:
I'll go on record and say we win the SB and Romo's the MVP.
Do you mean SB MVP? Because regular season MVP would have been announced prior to SB. Unless you are thinking that if we win the SB, Romo will be MVP in fans mind.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1734774 said:
I think Romo has to be content w/ being #3 for awhile
If he is content being #3 then he isn't progressing, doing anything to better himself, he shouldn't be happy nor content with being #3. ;)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1734774 said:
I think Romo has to be content w/ being #3 for awhile

"Never let good enough, be good enough." -- Bill Parcells to Tony Romo