Romo Hosed this one up!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man, I've seen some screw ups from years of football watching, but that was one of the all timers! I hope he doesn't check out like Scott Norwood did for the Bills all those years ago.

Yeah, I know, blah, blah, blah, we wouldn't have been in the game without him, Defense didn't stop Alexander, etc., That doesn't change the fact that he hosed that very routine play up! Romo apologists should take the time to realize that and let the mad folks vent!

Aikbach

Reaction score
The venting is just but don't worry you'll be labeled a hater for doing so or for daring to suggest that it would be wise to bring in prospects that would challenge Romo for the job.

CallMeCrazy

Reaction score
The defense did stop Alexander. Allowing 69 yds is damn good. No argument that Romo made mistakes. The defense stepped up which they didn't so for the past 4 weeks and the offense was MIA.

j_welcome

Reaction score
CallMeCrazy;1295725 said:
The defense did stop Alexander. Allowing 69 yds is damn good. No argument that Romo made mistakes. The defense stepped up which they didn't so for the past 4 weeks and the offense was MIA.
No...stop him after the botched FG attempt. If they stopped him, they get the ball back with almost a minute remaining.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
Hey, I'm hoping and praying that Romo comes back strong next year, but give him blame when he hoses things up is all I'm saying!

I am just hoping he doesn't pull a Scott Norwood and check out on us. He looked mentally demolished.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Joe Rod;1295751 said:
Hey, I'm hoping and praying that Romo comes back strong next year, but give him blame when he hoses things up is all I'm saying!

I am just hoping he doesn't pull a Scott Norwood and check out on us. He looked mentally demolished.

If he is in fact mentally demolished, he wasn't what we thought he was to begin with.

He lost us this game? Do you also believe in goblins?

Aikbach

Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1295763 said:
If he is in fact mentally demolished, he wasn't what we thought he was to begin with.

Yes, they wear black and white striped shirts and throw yellow flags.

Romo was a pivotal mess maker tonight but not alone in this disaster.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1295763 said:

You should probably reread the post and comprehend first, chuckles! I never said he lost the game for us, I said he screwed up the last play and deserves blame. My point is that you guys should stop worshipping him and judge him like the rest of the team. He hosed it up, plain and simple. He even thinks that!

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Aikbach;1295783 said:
Yes, they wear black and white striped shirts and throw yellow flags.

Romo was a pivotal mess maker tonight but not alone in this disaster.

:laugh2: Good one, sir.

But seriously, if Romo is our biggest problem, we're in pretty good shape for awhile.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
This is nowhere near the Buckner/Norwood type of errror.

The stakes were much lower in this game.

Even if we won, this team wasn't going to make past another round in the playoffs. Romo just sped up the inevitable.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Joe Rod;1295793 said:
You should probably reread the post and comprehend first, chuckles! I never said he lost the game for us, I said he screwed up the last play and deserves blame. My point is that you guys should stop worshipping him and judge him like the rest of the team. He hosed it up, plain and simple. He even thinks that!

You should read my posts then too, "chuckles". The fact that it came down to that play is beyond ridiculous. Sure, he ***'d it up, and there's no excuse for that, but let's examine how it got to that point in the first place. It wasn't because of Romo.

Did you dislike Aikman in '89, or were you even born yet?

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Danny White;1295823 said:
This is nowhere near the Buckner/Norwood type of errror.

The stakes were much lower in this game.

Even if we won, this team wasn't going to make past another round in the playoffs. Romo just sped up the inevitable.

Bledsoe would've had it. :lmao2:

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1295839 said:
You should read my posts then too, "chuckles". The fact that it came down to that play is beyond ridiculous. Sure, he ***'d it up, and there's no excuse for that, but let's examine how it got to that point in the first place. It wasn't because of Romo.

Did you dislike Aikman in '89, or were you even born yet?

Chuck:

I rooted for Staubach, Tony D and the Manster. You should maybe take off your Romo colored glasses and absorb what is being said. I didn't absolve any of the rest of the team from blame. I did blame Romo for botching up that play, as did Romo and most everyone else who watched it.

I had an Aikman Rookie plaq made in 89 and only gave it to my brother after I got a better one made. I always like Roger Doger better, though. When Aikman screwed up on plays that snatched defeat from the jaws of potential victory, I said he screwed up.

Don't know why some of you guys get so offended when some of the younger posted challenge you. They are entitled to their opinion as well.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Joe Rod;1295879 said:
Chuck:

I rooted for Staubach, Tony D and the Manster. You should maybe take off your Romo colored glasses and absorb what is being said. I didn't absolve any of the rest of the team from blame. I did blame Romo for botching up that play, as did Romo and most everyone else who watched it.

Once again, comprehension champ, you miss the point.

I had an Aikman Rookie plaq made in 89 and only gave it to my brother after I got a better one made.

Did ya?

Don't know why some of you guys get so offended when some of the younger posted challenge you. They are entitled to their opinion as well.

I would rebut this if I understood it.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1296056 said:
Once again, comprehension champ, you miss the point.

Did ya?

Chuckster; no, I got your point, but since you let my point fly over your head I figured I'd return the favor. Nice of you to point out that I am the champ, though!

Did ya?

Yes, it's true! I have my newer one sitting in my office right now! It was painted in Commanders colors by my secretary after they got stomped in that last meeting last year. Thank god it was washable paint! :laugh2:

I would rebut this if I understood it.[/QUOTE]

It was very deep and insightful. My suggestion is to print it off and study it to achieve a more zen-like state!

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Joe Rod;1296103 said:
Chuckster; no, I got your point, but since you let my point fly over your head I figured I'd return the favor. Nice of you to point out that I am the champ, though!

Did ya?

Yes, it's true! I have my newer one sitting in my office right now! It was painted in Commanders colors by my secretary after they got stomped in that last meeting last year. Thank god it was washable paint! :laugh2:

It was very deep and insightful. My suggestion is to print it off and study it to achieve a more zen-like state![/QUOTE]

Fair enough...maybe you can help me with that?

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
RoyBiscuit;1296113 said:
It was very deep and insightful. My suggestion is to print it off and study it to achieve a more zen-like state!

Fair enough...maybe you can help me with that?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no Zen left. This posting reminded me that I should be expecting a bouqet of Redkins colored flowers tomorrow, which in turn will remind me that I lost my bet. This, of course, was to burn my new Romo hat and buy a Matt Hasselbeck bobblehead to disply on my desk until next Season roles around. I guess this will be better than the Clinton Portis one I had to sport last offseason. I've really got to stop talking trash with my coworkers!

pigskin fan

Reaction score
Blame Romo if you will, but if Glenn hadn't fumble the ball they wouldn't have been in that position to begin with. I'm sure both of those guys are as sick as a man can be tonight. I'm sure that they both feel as if what they did cost their team the game. The shots of each after their respective goofs showed that.

BTW: Can you imagine what people would be saying if Romo had gotten the hold and Gramatica had missed? I give him props for the 50 yarder.

Aikbach

Reaction score
pigskin fan;1296270 said:
Blame Romo if you will, but if Glenn hadn't fumble the ball they wouldn't have been in that position to begin with. I'm sure both of those guys are as sick as a man can be tonight. I'm sure that they both feel as if what they did cost their team the game. The shots of each after their respective goofs showed that.

BTW: Can you imagine what people would be saying if Romo had gotten the hold and Gramatica had missed? I give him props for the 50 yarder.
Thank you John Lennon but we will Imagine better that Romo threw craptastic passes gallore , failed to scramble, missed open receivers and muffed a gamewinning kick hold and failed to scramble the distance to make up for it.

We are miffed and aware that the team as a whole screwed up but the quarterback as the general lost the battle even when his leutenants were bumbling.