Romo: "I still think Dez Bryant is an outstanding football player"

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Dez’s football playing career is finished.

I wonder what the chapter in his life is going to bring.

Good luck Dez!

JustChip

Reaction score
Romo isn't going to talk bad about players why should he? Dez hate has gone a bit overboard, always overrated, but he isn't as bad as the hate has been on him lately. He clearly is an idiot when it comes to social media.
Yep. I think he can be a productive receiver in the right scenario (it just wasn't here anymore), maybe more than just productive. But his thin skin and social media tantrums hurt his chances.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dez will join with someone and I think he can be productive but not as a #1. He will have to accept that role. Right now 2 weeks into camp no one is knocking down his door

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Sounded to me like Tony was hesitant in saying what the problem was but was dropping hints when he said “a guy like that at 29 doesn’t suddenly fall off a cliff.”

Sounds like he wanted to sag Dak was the problem

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Dez will definitely sign somewhere this season. The main question is how productive of a season will he have if given little time to practice with a new QB? I still think he's a talented player in the right system, but needs a team that will run him on slants, a QB that can throw a back shoulder fade, and an offensive coordinator who's not afraid to let his QB throw up some contested balls.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Sounded to me like Tony was hesitant in saying what the problem was but was dropping hints when he said “a guy like that at 29 doesn’t suddenly fall off a cliff.”

Sounds like he wanted to sag Dak was the problem
As I've said the Oline doesn't suddenly fall off a cliff as well. We all know this team has to overcome coaching deficiencies and now we have a QB who can't do that as well. This isn't a knock on Dak, it is what it is. It's only a given Dez was the next man up on the chopping and hate block after Romo was gone as he helped settle the hate crowd

aria

Reaction score
Romo said it therefore it must be true. Do you really think a psychic who can call plays before they even happen 25% of the time and who played with Dez for years wouldn’t know what he’s talking about? Thou shall not question Romo.....ever.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo’s a mensch.

The Saints should be interested in Dez.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dez is someone who keeps himself in phenomenal condition.
The type of player that would show a slow and steady decline, maybe.

Everytime I read someone saying he a shell of what he was 2-3 years ago, I want to hurl
By all accounts last spring, everyone was saying he was as explosive and as fit and as dominant as they've seen him in years.

For whatever reason, it didn't translate into regular season production.
I've never been a fan of his erratic rout running, and completely get why we let him walk.
But he can contribute in a big way if he goes tot he right place....maybe not #1 type numbers, but strong #2 range.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I guess the Browns changed their mind about bringing him in after his last tantrum.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Haven't heard this mentioned, but I think he'd work well with the Chargers...then again, they already have good-looking group there.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dez’s football playing career is finished.

I wonder what the chapter in his life is going to bring.

Good luck Dez!
Agree. Especially when he accomplished to have the most dropped passes in the league last season. Too much drama on the sidelines as well.

Good move by the Cowboys front office.

Dre11

Reaction score
Romo said it therefore it must be true. Do you really think a psychic who can call plays before they even happen 25% of the time and who played with Dez for years wouldn’t know what he’s talking about? Thou shall not question Romo.....ever.

This is the problem with this statement if you're being sarcastic. From knowing Romo all these years wouldnt you say, the one thing Romo is, is that he's genuine. I don't see him fluffing.

Dre11

Reaction score
Agree. Especially when he accomplished to have the most dropped passes in the league last season. Too much drama on the sidelines as well.

Good move by the Cowboys front office.

He did not have the most drops, why don't people get their facts straight....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Dez is someone who keeps himself in phenomenal condition.
The type of player that would show a slow and steady decline, maybe.

Everytime I read someone saying he a shell of what he was 2-3 years ago, I want to hurl
By all accounts last spring, everyone was saying he was as explosive and as fit and as dominant as they've seen him in years.

For whatever reason, it didn't translate into regular season production.
I've never been a fan of his erratic rout running, and completely get why we let him walk.
But he can contribute in a big way if he goes tot he right place....maybe not #1 type numbers, but strong #2 range.

Remember they put Romo in the coffin too the year before he had his best year with Murray behind him.

aria

Reaction score
This is the problem with this statement if you're being sarcastic. From knowing Romo all these years wouldnt you say, the one thing Romo is, is that he's genuine. I don't see him fluffing.
I think Romo is genuine, I was being sarcastic about how much credit people give him for certain things that I think are extremely exaggerated.