Romo in the endzone

tunahelper

Reaction score
I am not trying to find problems from today's win, but there is a trend of redzone problems (poor TD conversion in the redzone 2007). It seems his lack of height may hamper his vision in close. Maybe spreading defenses out more would allow Romo to move and pick an open WR/TE.

adamknite

Reaction score
I think it was Felix Jones got mowed down trying to block McGinest, and Romo thought he saw TO open when he really wasn't and threw the ball. I think if Felix would have done a better job at picking up the blitz, Romo would have had time to rethink that throw. Then again, that's just my opinion from only seeing the play once or twice, I could be fuzzy.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adamknite;2242731 said:
I think it was Felix Jones got mowed down trying to block McGinest, and Romo thought he saw TO open when he really wasn't and threw the ball. I think if Felix would have done a better job at picking up the blitz, Romo would have had time to rethink that throw. Then again, that's just my opinion from only seeing the play once or twice, I could be fuzzy.
I think you're right, Adam. Romo wishes he could have that pass back, but what we have to remember is that HE IS STILL LEARNING. Scary for the rest of the league, huh?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
The only reason it wasn't a TD was because Felix got blown up on the blitz pickup. He slows down the LB and Romo throws that alot better

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Romo needs to work on it. Almost picked on a similar one in 1st half. Was picked on that one in preseason. Was picked in 2nd half. If he's not sure in red zone, throw it away.

Don't get me wrong. Romo rules, but that is one area he could actually still improve his game and the chances for team not to get upset by a less talented squad. Be patient, take the points. Don't force it in Red Zone.

Like other poster said, this guy is still learning. He is a risk taker, and this will happen once in awhile, but need to cut down on it a bit.

Minor complaint though. If Witten doesn't drop that ball, Romo is like 10 for 10 or something like that. He was cutting up Cleveland (mind you he had all day to throw most times).

Romo is a stud, and I love that he knows the things he needs to work on and tries to improve. He will keep working on it. He just loves to succeed so much that he see something quick and slings it.

LarryCanadian

landryscorner

Reaction score
thats true they were 14 in rank in the redzone last year, my opinion, strike for a TD from a farther distance, seems to work especially down the middle with TO or WITTEN

speedkilz88

Reaction score
adamknite;2242731 said:
TO was open, Felix's mis-block may have caused him to delay the throw because he was late getting it out there and then didn't lead TO like he should have for it being thrown so late.

Warick

Reaction score
:hammer:
dargonking999;2242771 said:
The only reason it wasn't a TD was because Felix got blown up on the blitz pickup. He slows down the LB and Romo throws that alot better

Deep_South

Reaction score
According to my calculations, Romo's QB rating today was 103.6. That is real good.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
For sure, the missed blitzer forced Romo to throw it quickly and he didn't see the DB slipping in front of TO. But when Romo sees receiver out of corner of eye and isn't sure, maybe he should huck it out of back of endzone instead of taking the chance. All I'm saying.

Romo's QB rating for game should be way higher because Witten dropped an easy 30 yard pass and TO was in endzone I thought for another touchdown.

Romo had a great game with only a couple of mistakes (although both could have been picks in redzone - one was dropped hitting defender square, other was picked).

It's just a habit you want to disappear because it can cost you that playoff game maybe. One of those key mistakes that can change whole game. We will live with a bit of risk taking with Romo though, and you gotta love him!

LarryCanadian