Romo inaccurate yesterday

slotshot

Reaction score
I have read through a number of the other threads this morning but have not seen this posted ( probably just overlooked it). I thought Romo was uncharacteristically off on a number of his passes yesterday. A significant number of his throws were high and away.

Anyone else notice this?

dback

Reaction score
I thought he was inaccurate because he was forcing throws. I thought the 'Skins secondary played very well yesterday and that caused Romo to attempt some difficult passes.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
On a number of those throws they were griping about holds from the Commanders DB's. Whether it happened or not, Romo is trying to hit the receiver in stride so if the receiver is getting slowed down, then he's going to miss since he's leading him. He still hit 60% of his passes, and in this offense that's a feat since they throw the ball deep a lot. The only pass I thought he missed that he usually makes was a intermediate to deep pass to Crayton, other than that I thought he was fine. If he was inaccurate this year, I thought it was in the Packers game where he seemed a little wild.

YAKUZA

goons

Reaction score
I was at the game and got there early. I was watching Romo during warmups and he was missing a lot of his passes during pre-game drills. I thought that was really odd, and I had a bad feeling about this game from that point... and I had been real charged up and felt like it was going to be a Cowboys blowout going into the stadium. He did seem off. I've never seen a QB miss a bunch of passes in pregame drills liked that.

Boysboy

Reaction score
goons;2295299 said:
I was at the game and got there early. I was watching Romo during warmups and he was missing a lot of his passes during pre-game drills. I thought that was really odd, and I had a bad feeling about this game from that point... and I had been real charged up and felt like it was going to be a Cowboys blowout going into the stadium. He did seem off. I've never seen a QB miss a bunch of passes in pregame drills liked that.

So I think we can put all this "They were trying to feed TO the ball too much to please his fragile ego" to rest?:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
slotshot;2295248 said:
I have read through a number of the other threads this morning but have not seen this posted ( probably just overlooked it). I thought Romo was uncharacteristically off on a number of his passes yesterday. A significant number of his throws were high and away.

Anyone else notice this?

Romo was trying to put the ball were his guy and only his guy could have a shot at it. Skins did a very good job in coverage. So no I don't think Romo was over inaccurate with his passes.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I don't actually remember Romo getting sacked during the game, but the Skins were definitely around him in the pocket all day. It seemed like he had to hurry throws quite a few times. There were also quite a few throws that came out later than usual because Romo was moving around to avoid the rush. Overall, the Skins DL did a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage and making Romo feel uncomfortable.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wezsh0T;2295330 said:
I don't actually remember Romo getting sacked during the game, but the Skins were definitely around him in the pocket all day. It seemed like he had to hurry throws quite a few times. There were also quite a few throws that came out later than usual because Romo was moving around to avoid the rush. Overall, the Skins DL did a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage and making Romo feel uncomfortable.

Sometimes a sack can be an overrated stat. You need to pressure the QB and rush his decision making, which, of course, forces errant throws, picks, and gets him off his rhythm. Of course, battled balls are just as effective.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2295272 said:
On a number of those throws they were griping about holds from the Commanders DB's. Whether it happened or not, Romo is trying to hit the receiver in stride so if the receiver is getting slowed down, then he's going to miss since he's leading him. He still hit 60% of his passes, and in this offense that's a feat since they throw the ball deep a lot. The only pass I thought he missed that he usually makes was a intermediate to deep pass to Crayton, other than that I thought he was fine. If he was inaccurate this year, I thought it was in the Packers game where he seemed a little wild.
YAKUZA

Yeah but in some cases TO had to wait for ball and defender benefited from that. Romo's timing was off.

juck

Reaction score
He wasnt that accurate in the last game either.He is no brady or Manning.He acts like it sometimes with this new "pocket preference".He is better on the run.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
slotshot;2295248 said:

Anyone else notice this?

He was like this against Green Bay too. He seems to be getting ansty in the pocket and loses his cool. Seven straight games with an INT.

This is what Brett Farve used to do all the time and it's something I really really hate. I would rather have a less prolific QB that didn't throw INT every single game. I don't need 500 300 yard games. I prefer consistency. Troy had 13 300 yard games in what 12 years? He has 13 in less than 2 full seasons. I'll take Troy.

(No I'm not saying get rid of him :rolleyes: )

Reaction score
YoMick;2295344 said:
Yeah but in some cases TO had to wait for ball and defender benefited from that. Romo's timing was off.

Agreed.... Throw that was broken up by Carlos... Should have been thrown higher..

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2295368 said:
Agreed.... Throw that was broken up by Carlos... Should have been thrown higher..

No, it should have caught TO in stride. If that had happen, Rogers would have be playing catch up and considering not to many people catch TO from behind, it could have been ugly for the Skins baring a safety coming across.

Reaction score
nyc;2295371 said:
No, it should have caught TO in stride. If that had happen, Rogers would have be playing catch up and considering not to many people catch TO from behind, it could have been ugly for the Skins baring a safety coming across.

Well in a perfect world yes.... he was just off yesterday completely.

Hope Jessica didnt steal his Mojo Saturday night..

juck

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2295372 said:
Well in a perfect world yes.... he was just off yesterday completely.

Hope Jessica didnt steal his Mojo Saturday night..

Jessie was at game with her jersey on.a blue one.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering the Commanders were sitting on the pass for most of the game I thought Romo's accuracy was pretty good. Like Rich said, 60% accuracy is an acceptable number.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2295380 said:
Considering the Commanders were sitting on the pass for most of the game I thought Romo's accuracy was pretty good. Like Rich said, 60% accuracy is an acceptable number.

I think the point they are bringing up (I did too) was one pass would be on the money, others would be abnormally way off. (ie not just a poor throw, but a very poor throw)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that he was off as well. Even on his completions, the players had to adjust too much, making it difficult to run after the catch. Romo looked pretty down sitting on the bench and when leaving the field after the game. He knows he was off. The Skins came ready to play, our playcalling sucked and our QB was off. There will be days like this and there will be better days.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
YoMick;2295344 said:
That and the Commanders pressure, but yeah, Tony was not in a Groove like we have seen before.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even with Romo not being his normal self, 24 points should be enough to win in this league.