Romo inaccurate yesterday

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2295459 said:
That and the Commanders pressure, but yeah, Tony was not in a Groove like we have seen before.

Yeah but I dont put it all on Romo.

He is left to be a pocket passer - defenses ALWAYS know where to find him - no good

We didnt run - limits the effectiveness of his passes to TO - no good

TO should have had a few of the passes - but he is who he is... he will not catch balls that should be caught every time.

With that said.... he fought hard to get that TD score... the guys wants to win.... if the team is not winning... we will see his frustration.

I would prefer a blowup/reality trip NOW and to be playing strong in Dec/Jan

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
nyc;2295364 said:
He was like this against Green Bay too. He seems to be getting ansty in the pocket and loses his cool. Seven straight games with an INT.

This is what Brett Farve used to do all the time and it's something I really really hate. I would rather have a less prolific QB that didn't throw INT every single game. I don't need 500 300 yard games. I prefer consistency. Troy had 13 300 yard games in what 12 years? He has 13 in less than 2 full seasons. I'll take Troy.

(No I'm not saying get rid of him :rolleyes: )

Nothing against Troy (at this point I'd certainly take him over any Cowboy QB) but Troy could afford to be a little more patient, a little more conservative, and not have to force somethings and try to score every drive. He had a defense that you could consistently rely on to not allow teams to shred it.

Romo has a defense that plays really good one week and then falls asleep the next. Dallas had a GREAT shot to win this in the fourth quarter yesterday down only 23-17 with 10 minutes left. You know what happened? That defense allowed the Skins to control the clock for the next 7 minutes and add another 3 points on.

That simply won't get it done.

Not that I'm blaming this all on the defense, I'm not because it's always a team effort, but championship defenses, like this one wants to be, make plays on that possession and get the ball back to the offense. It wasn't able to do that and that allowed them to add another 3 and essentially put the game away.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Beating a dead horse here but we had several posts last week that pointed out the fact that Romo was not taking care of the ball and forcing things too much. I think that last Sunday was simply a continuation of the same. Our offense didn't do a great deal in the first half and we payed for it. Good defense on Washington's part? Yes, I think so but I also think there were plays to be made throughout that game and we didn't do it. Washington is not a very big defense. Griffin goes around 300-305, Golston and Alexander are both under 300, Washington, Fletcher and McIntosh are all 240-245. You can ware this defense down but they are very quick and can be effective if the running game is not sustained. You have to ware them down or you will probably have limited success against them.

Many here have made the point that if you stop TO, you stop this offense. Many more said that you can't stop TO or that there are plenty of other receivers and that Witten was the second WR in our offense anyway. Well, I think yesterday showed that this was not correct. At least, that's who I saw it. We have what we have and we can't go back and correct this error so we have to figure out a way to beat teams who take away TO. If we can't do this, we won't win in the playoffs. All of those teams are good defensively and all of them can do what Washington did on any given day IMO.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Romo definitely had one of his off days, just like in Buffalo and the home Philly game last year.

Every QB is going to have those days... I just wish Garrett would try something else on those days rather than continuing to beat his head against the wall.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I agree with others, the Commanders 2ndary was playing very well. This makes me wonder why we didn't try running more or at least get the RBs involved in the passing game more