Romo is Canton-bound

CowTipping

Reaction score
I think that T.O. deserves an honorable mention for what he did to Madison in the game but you cant argue with a player of the week award for Tony Romo...
:bow:

http://www.footballgameplan.com/nfl-awards

Its sometimes hard to remember how young Romo is when you watch what he can do on the field. He is without a doubt a top 4 quarterback in the league right now, and no one will argue that the other three (possibly) ahead of him arent bound for the Hall. If he keeps playing this way shouldnt he be considered a hall of famer?

CowTipping

Reaction score
Barring a terrible injury or a huge drop off in performance I think its reasonable to ponder. Premature but reasonable.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowTipping;1766378 said:
I think that T.O. deserves an honorable mention for what he did to Madison in the game but you cant argue with a player of the week award for Tony Romo...

Its sometimes hard to remember how young Romo is when you watch what he can do on the field. He is without a doubt a top 4 quarterback in the league right now, and no one will argue that the other three (possibly) ahead of him arent bound for the Hall. If he keeps playing this way shouldnt he be considered a hall of famer?

Just enjoy. No need to put in him Canton just yet. :laugh2:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Canton bound talk already?

Come on now, he just begun his career, let's give him another 7 games before we have this discussion. :laugh2:

gazmc_06

Reaction score
very, very early. he's had a great start to his career but it ain't exactly easy to get to the HOF. I think T.O. was player of the game on sunday actually.

CowTipping

Reaction score
gazmc_06;1766410 said:
very, very early. he's had a great start to his career but it ain't exactly easy to get to the HOF. I think T.O. was player of the game on sunday actually.

Unfortunately they probably wont let TO into the Hall...

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Until he's been around a while and produced at this level for another 10 years (with a few Super Bowl rings on his fingers) this is way too early to discuss.

Unless, by "Canton-bound" you mean he's driving there to visit.

CowTipping

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1766456 said:
Until he's been around a while and produced at this level for another 10 years (with a few Super Bowl rings on his fingers) this is way too early to discuss.

Unless, by "Canton-bound" you mean he's driving there to visit.

I just mean he has gotten off to a great start. Two straight Pro Bowls. 8 300+ yard games. The head of the class in the NFC right now. I know its early but at what point should you start the talk? After the first Super Bowl? After a record is broken?

What qbs playing today do you think might go to the HOF? Other than Manning, Favre, and Brady???

superpunk

Reaction score
And just like that, you are subtly linked to his site with a catchy thread title.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
CowTipping;1766472 said:
I just mean he has gotten off to a great start. Two straight Pro Bowls. 8 300+ yard games. The head of the class in the NFC right now. I know its early but at what point should you start the talk? After the first Super Bowl? After a record is broken?

What qbs playing today do you think might go to the HOF? Other than Manning, Favre, and Brady???

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But there are too many things that can happen in the next few years for me to say 'yes' with any certainty NOW. Check out Kurt Warner's first few years as a starter for the Rams. Or Terrell Davis. Both won Super Bowls and MVP trophies, and were absolutely tops at their position for several years. But both will have trouble making the HoF.

He definitely is off to a good start. If the Cowboys flirt with a championship or two, and he keeps up this level of production, then yes - he's a definite candidate for the HoF, especially being a celebrity QB for the Dallas Cowboys, of all franchises.

CowTipping

Reaction score
superpunk;1766475 said:
And just like that, you are subtly linked to his site with a catchy thread title.

Yeah Im on payroll...
I also work for NFL.com, espn.com, and cnnsi...

CowTipping

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1766479 said:
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But there are too many things that can happen in the next few years for me to say 'yes' with any certainty NOW. Check out Kurt Warner's first few years as a starter for the Rams. Or Terrell Davis. Both won Super Bowls and MVP trophies, and were absolutely tops at their position for several years. But both will have trouble making the HoF.

He definitely is off to a good start. If the Cowboys flirt with a championship or two, and he keeps up this level of production, then yes - he's a definite candidate for the HoF, especially being a celebrity QB for the Dallas Cowboys, of all franchises.

When youre right youre right. I was certain Kurt Warner was going to end up in Canton with the way he started his career. Especially with that bag boy story.

But to me it just seems like Romo makes players around him better, where Warner was just accurate and good at taking what the defense and the scheme allowed.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
We're talking about the Hall of Fame here?? After 20 starts? Srsly?

Is Kurt Warner going into the HOF?

Now if Romo keeps this up for 8 more years or so, I can see it. But no one gets into the HOF on 20 starts. You just can't predict how his career is gonna turn out.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
CowTipping;1766484 said:
When youre right youre right. I was certain Kurt Warner was going to end up in Canton with the way he started his career. Especially with that bag boy story.

But to me it just seems like Romo makes players around him better, where Warner was just accurate and good at taking what the defense and the scheme allowed.

You have a point with Warner. He went from AFL to the Greatest Show on Turf offense which was the same thing only on a bigger playing field. I'd also argue that Warner's weapons (Marshall Faulk at RB/WR, plus Bruce and Holt) were more explosive than even ours is now. If we can add a breakaway, franchise-type RB and a speed receiver - watch out!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He wins a Super Bowl here in Dallas, he will make Hall of Fame.

cowboy625

Reaction score
CowTipping;1766378 said:

Hold it with the canton talk, but I will say at the level he's playing now, he could be a first ballot guy.

But in the league right now, I think Donavon McNabb would be a Hall of famer. Jim Kelly like, dude played in 4 NFC championships and one super bowl. He never won the big game, but his teams always compete.

Think about it, manning didnt get his ring until alast season, and with or without it, he would go to the hall, no question.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You guys need to chill the "greatest Dallas QB ever" and "canton" talk, hes only started 17 games. Lets just enjoy the ride and see where he is in 4 or 5 years.

CowTipping

Reaction score
cowboy625;1766523 said:
Hold it with the canton talk, but I will say at the level he's playing now, he could be a first ballot guy.

But in the league right now, I think Donavon McNabb would be a Hall of famer. Jim Kelly like, dude played in 4 NFC championships and one super bowl. He never won the big game, but his teams always compete.

Think about it, manning didnt get his ring until alast season, and with or without it, he would go to the hall, no question.

McNabb??? Really??? How many times has McNabb made the Pro Bowl? (that is an honest question because I dont know)