Romo is NOT a "Pure Pocket Passer" so...

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
he makes great plays out of the pocket, but I think its more because hes able to beat pressure and give the WRs more time. I think he can make the same throws from the pocket.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Romo had these type games the last two years. Some games he's all-world, some games he's garbage. That said, I still love me some Romo

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
he looked pretty good in the pocket the 1st 2 games and on that throw to miles.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2275780 said:
Today untill proven otherwise He's playing like a lawn chair.

24kt gold lawn chair that made game deciding plays...:bang2: Stop Hating.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
I think we need to give the other team(s) some credit. they are trying like crazy to put pressure on Romo. ANY QB who's got pressure on him will make a mistake or two.

Lessee, beating Philly with that pressure, then beating GB on the road....thats pretty darn credentials in this early season for Romo and the boys. He is not going to be perfect. But what about those clutch passes to Witten and tonite Austin?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the hate is coming in. He made the bonehead throw into the endzone which cost us 3 points, but other than that, the GB defense held up against the pass well til close to the end.

We ran the ball down their throats because that was what they were giving us.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
He made the boneheaded throw here, which took points away.

He did it against Cleveland too.

Neither has cost us games.... yet. He's a great talent, but sometimes, he makes very stupid decisions....

and then, there is the fumble against Philly, too. And tonite. Though, Flozell bailed us out this time.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Vintage;2276900 said:

Neither has cost us games.... yet. He's a great talent, but sometimes, he makes very stupid decisions....

and then, there is the fumble against Philly, too. And tonite. Though, Flozell bailed us out this time.

Agreed. Another poster said this a little bit back, but Romo is our weak link on offense. He needs to tone it down a bit and be smart with the football.

That being said he mostly made big plays on 3rd down, (except for the BONEHEAD Int he threw) It's just Romo, we have to take the good with the bad. Although I would like for the bad to be toned down quite a bit.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2276943 said:
Agreed. Another poster said this a little bit back, but Romo is our weak link on offense. He needs to tone it down a bit and be smart with the football.

That being said he mostly made big plays on 3rd down, (except for the BONEHEAD Int he threw) It's just Romo, we have to take the good with the bad. Although I would like for the bad to be toned down quite a bit.

Oh sweet mother. I couldn't disagree more. This offense goes NOWHERE without him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AtomicDog;2276758 said:
I think we need to give the other team(s) some credit. they are trying like crazy to put pressure on Romo. ANY QB who's got pressure on him will make a mistake or two.

Lessee, beating Philly with that pressure, then beating GB on the road....thats pretty darn credentials in this early season for Romo and the boys. He is not going to be perfect. But what about those clutch passes to Witten and tonite Austin?

Yes. Teams are targeting him. THAT is why I dont always want him in same spot. The sandwich in cleveland could have been costly.

Vintage;2276900 said:

Yeah that is my concern. Same mistakes in Cleveland he did same today.

Ozzu;2276760 said:
I'm not sure where the hate is coming in. He made the bonehead throw into the endzone which cost us 3 points, but other than that, the GB defense held up against the pass well til close to the end.

We ran the ball down their throats because that was what they were giving us.

For me its a concern, not hate - at all.

SilberBlau

Reaction score
260Yds, he really is a weak link....
If his lows are as 'low' as today, well i think i'm totally fine with that.

zeromaster

Reaction score
God this stuff is hilarious.

Apparently some people want this team to out New England the Patriots, and have Romo be Brady. It's not going to happen, so give up the style points. Oh yeah, the Pats really played lights out against Miami today. :D

This QB is different from all the others, and it's his second season starting. Years from now you'll be looking back and bragging on this time, but very few of you will remember the dogging.

It's a learning process, and we're all along for the ride.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Yomick, I know Romo's ball handling is just a concern. I don't think youre "hating" at all! I found myself telling myself when we were in the red zone, "Romo, be cool, don't get too cute, lets not waste the opportunity to get some points"

But shoot, I think that is what makes Romo so good, he is a highly talented gunslinger. He will make some horrible goofs some times. But heck the good plays still outnumber the bad. (I know, you have to about 3 great plays for every bonehead).

Maybe with a little maturity, he will eliminate those. He still is maturing. I just don't want to lose the play making ability. If we have to have an occasional reach play sometimes, well oh well.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AtomicDog;2277083 said:
Yomick, I know Romo's ball handling is just a concern. I don't think youre "hating" at all! I found myself telling myself when we were in the red zone, "Romo, be cool, don't get too cute, lets not waste the opportunity to get some points"

But shoot, I think that is what makes Romo so good, he is a highly talented gunslinger. He will make some horrible goofs some times. But heck the good plays still outnumber the bad. (I know, you have to about 3 great plays for every bonehead).

Maybe with a little maturity, he will eliminate those. He still is maturing. I just don't want to lose the play making ability. If we have to have an occasional reach play sometimes, well oh well.

Fair enough.

What is with the Intentional Grounding. That cost us against the Giants and he couldnt stop himself from doing it tonight.

I just dont want to think about January and this team is home watching on TV.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
yeah man. I'm concerned about January games too. We'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there. I'm having fun now. But January is a concern.