Romo is our next Phil Simms

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I've watched the game several times and it's pretty clear that..

Romo looks like..Phil Simms.

His whole management of the offense and the throws he was making reminded me of Phil Simms.

Even his moving in the pocket to buy time was vintage Phil Simms. Simms also scrambled a bit and we saw Romo doing the same thing.

I'll bet you a bag of donuts that Parcells has edited a few films of Phil Simms and given them to Romo to study.

Simms was a master at converting 3rd downs, hitting the fade patterns downfield and making quick reads to get rid of the ball and not take sacks.

Romo=Simms

You'll see.

parcellswaterboy

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, that explains why Parcells likes him so much. What I liked was the way he put the ball where no one could get it but the receiver. He did this all game long. I don't think you can teach that. I hope Romo continues to shine, but I would love to see Henson play a whole game. I know Bledsoe needs to get some work in, but it would be great to see Henson play an extended amount of time without being yanked. I would love to see him throwing to a healthy T.O and T.G. But I guess that won't be happening.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
parcellswaterboy said:
I've watched the game several times and it's pretty clear that..

Romo looks like..Phil Simms.

His whole management of the offense and the throws he was making reminded me of Phil Simms.

Even his moving in the pocket to buy time was vintage Phil Simms. Simms also scrambled a bit and we saw Romo doing the same thing.

I'll bet you a bag of donuts that Parcells has edited a few films of Phil Simms and given them to Romo to study.

Simms was a master at converting 3rd downs, hitting the fade patterns downfield and making quick reads to get rid of the ball and not take sacks.

Romo=Simms

You'll see.

parcellswaterboy

Good Points :bow:

I think he could be our Brett Farve too.:starspin

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
ridiculous :bang2:

I don't want a Brett Favre on my team. Brett won a Super Bowl and had a good career, but QBs like that generally end up losing you more games than winning them.

I hate interceptions.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I don't want a Brett Favre on my team. Brett won a Super Bowl and had a good career, but QBs like that generally end up losing you more games than winning them.

I hate interceptions.

I agree the media love for Favre while some was deserved seemed entirely overblown to me. The media loves the run around and sidearm passes into traffic bit, Personally I take a Troy Aikman over Favre everyday of the week and twice on sunday

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I agree the media love for Favre while some was deserved seemed entirely overblown to me. The media loves the run around and sidearm passes into traffic bit, Personally I take a Troy Aikman over Favre everyday of the week and twice on sunday

I don't want my post to be taken wrong - Favre is a great player, deserving of his attention, in my opinion. But I also think he is the type of player that only comes along when the stars line up perfectly. I just don't like holding my breath everytime my QB throws.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I don't want my post to be taken wrong - Favre is a great player, deserving of his attention, in my opinion. But I also think he is the type of player that only comes along when the stars line up perfectly. I just don't like holding my breath everytime my QB throws.

Like i said I think he deserves some of it, maybe alot of it. But it is way overblown IMO. I have heard media calling him the best Qb ever etc, and IMO NO WAY!

EndGame

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Our "next" Phil Simms?

We never even had a first Phil Simms...
I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me that he would be our FIRST Phil Simms. That said, if that happened I'd take it.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
EndGame said:
I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me that he would be our FIRST Phil Simms. That said, if that happened I'd take it.
Not to be picky but since everyone else is...he would not be our first Phil Simms...he would be our FIRST Tony Romo :cool:

EndGame

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Not to be picky but since everyone else is...he would not be our first Phil Simms...he would be our FIRST Tony Romo :cool:
I think we're both right.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
romo.jpg

LOOK IN THOSE EYES - THEY SAY STARTER :starspin :bow: :)