News: Romo Needs More Test Before Deciding On Status

Techsass

Reaction score
Garrett tries not to lie, but he never likes his words to reveal anything pertinent.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Garrett tries not to lie, but he never likes his words to reveal anything pertinent.

It's because he doesn't know; he's not deliberately trying to lie about it.

They are repeating the MRI of his very minor compression, simply to ***** new bone growth and callus formation.

I'm still predicting he'll miss no more than the first 3 games.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's because Romo and some in the organization want him back soon no matter if he's totally well. This should be a doctor's decision.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's because Romo and some in the organization want him back soon no matter if he's totally well. This should be a doctor's decision.

No it's not. They're monitoring the progress of his fracture and recovery. This will be a medical decision all the way.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
This is a fracture that can't even be detected by X-ray. If you have to use MRI (used predominantly for soft tissue injuries) to even see it then it must be very minimal. Probably just a healing progress check. Romo probably comes back on or after game 4

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
It's because he doesn't know; he's not deliberately trying to lie about it.

They are repeating the MRI of his very minor compression, simply to ***** new bone growth and callus formation.

I'm still predicting he'll miss no more than the first 3 games.
wow then that makes you and Jason Garrett the only ones on the planet that is crazy.... :) j/k

it will be atleast 6 games out, but more like 8

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
The real truth is that they have no idea how long it will be. The most truthful answer anyone has given was JG saying it is day to day.

Week 4 is 6 weeks later.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Is a bone fracture like that going to show improvement in just two weeks?

Aven8

Reaction score
Is a bone fracture like that going to show improvement in just two weeks?

If the prognosis is 6-10 then I would think it should.

Jerry keeps selling the we will not wait on, "who's coming back" to save the season, but he still will as he can't help himself!

calico

Reaction score
Not a fan of rushing him back at his age...They're going to send romo into retirement in a body bag when its all said and done...

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
If the prognosis is 6-10 then I would think it should.

Jerry keeps selling the we will not wait on, "who's coming back" to save the season, but he still will as he can't help himself!

Fractures heal in 4-8 weeks, and this minor compression will probably be healed in 5; if Tony were 10 years younger, I'd say 4.

Magnetic resonance imaging is a detailed computer reproduction of scanned tissues based on variations in their ionic charges. Minute changes are detectable, so the diagnosis of Tony's injury was discovered this way, and the progress seen at 2 weeks will allow a better prediction of an endpoint.

erod

Reaction score
wow then that makes you and Jason Garrett the only ones on the planet that is crazy.... :) j/k

it will be atleast 6 games out, but more like 8
David Carr had two compression fractures at the same time and missed four games.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

This. When people ask inane questions, they get inane answers from Garrett. When you ask him a legit X's and O's football coaching/strategy question, he'll give a real answer.

With injuries, though, everyone is "day to day" and "doing great". He never gives any red meat for injury talk. I don't know why people haven't figured that out yet and still get all bent outta shape, lol.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I've always felt that Romo kind of holds back and tells the Dr.'s and coaches he feels fine when he really isn't. Romo would play this weekend if he could get away with it. I may be completely wrong but it just seems like he wants to play so badly that he rushes himself back. He's played before when he was not ready and he didn't play well...