Romo on the call this weekend for our game

Mr_437

Reaction score
Romo isn't my favorite calling Cowboys games, but whatever Nance is really good.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Romo falling to the Aikman level...CZers \ Cowboys fans disliking both being the analyst on Cowboys \ orher NFL games.
Don't recall any criticism of Merideth when he was on "Monday Night Football".
The first former Cowboys QB I saw in the broadcast boorh - Eddie LeBaron - on CBS.
No social media at that time when Don and Howard were calling the games. Don didn't put up with any crap.

I like Romo calling games. He does a good job.

Motorola

Reaction score
No social media at that time when Don and Howard were calling the games. Don didn't put up with any crap.

I like Romo calling games. He does a good job.
But remember - during their MNF run, Cosell put out a number of comments, or expressed opinions that rubbed a lot of the viewing audience the wrong way...and both Merideth and Frank Gifford would speak up against him.
Back then, it had to be a great number of phone calls and letters that made an impact by the masses to make known their concerns, dislikes, or outrage - and often it produced results and changes.

As to Romo and all the other analysts on game telecasts - I have no disdain towards their work. I'm like others who expressed their views previously - I'm so tuned in to the action on the field, the commentary by them - and the play-by-play announcers - is just background sound.
Their worth comes in when they explain something that happened on the field of play that isn't clear\ puzzling to me, and others viewing the game.

Last edited:

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Glad he is calling the game hype up! Wish Aaron Rogers was playing too.