Romo on the call this weekend for our game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly I turn the sound down when Romo’s on. His “here we go Jim” and all the over the top stuff grinds my gears. Just personal taste. I think less is more.

Hey I don’t hate the guy. But I would rather hear a broadcaster with much less vocal overdub. In short he talks way too much for my taste. And his over-explained version of what’s about to happen is wearing thin.
I definitely understand that gripe. I feel the same way. I’m not sure how he can improve the experience but I just know like you said it’s starting to wear thin.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I definitely understand that gripe. I feel the same way. I’m not sure how he can improve the experience but I just know like you said it’s starting to wear thin.
Yawn. Network does not agree obviously; and since they are always doing surveys and things like that you are in a very small minority.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yawn. Network does not agree obviously; and since they are always doing surveys and things like that you are in a very small minority.
Of course I am lol. I never said I wasn’t it. I literally said I enjoy watching his games except when he calls Cowboys games. It’s nothing even to disagree or debate. It’s just what I feel.

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
I am so glad I have the NFL ticket. They making us watch Washington vs Denver on the local television. :thumbdown: Last year I would have been pissed. Thank you YouTube….:bow:
Ya, last few years whenever the Broncos are on same network/same time they have the Broncos over the Cowboys, pisses me off.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm critical of "he who shall not be named" but Romo is even more critical of that individual IMO.

Asking him to be objective about something that is central to him achieving stardom and even named his kids after the Jones'...well...that's nigh impossible.

stiletto

Reaction score
I only mute Tirico and Buck.
I can stand Tirico and Collingsworth but Buck is getting more and more histrionic by the year. Literally YELLING at the top of his lungs when someone makes a catch or does something a little out of the ordinary. As someone mentioned in the MNF thread, he basically acts like every unusual play is the greatest in NFL history. It's obnoxious.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I can stand Tirico and Collingsworth but Buck is getting more and more histrionic by the year. Literally YELLING at the top of his lungs when someone makes a catch or does something a little out of the ordinary. As someone mentioned in the MNF thread, he basically acts like every unusual play is the greatest in NFL history. It's obnoxious.
indeed and then he starts with his sanctimonious crap. I cannot stand him. Buck sucks.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After years of the best announcers ever. In Madden and Summerall. We had to endure Buck and Aikman, though overall Troy not as bad as some make him out to be.

So Nantz and Romo are pretty decent compared to those two.
could be a lot worse. We could get Olsen instead .

I got so I don’t care who is announcing the games.

Angus12

Reaction score
What exactly are "lovely lady humps"?......somethings have no definitive translation in life
That I can figure. :)

But honestly, most of his posts are a jumbled confusion. I just scroll on by and don't even try any more.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
~~ holds envelope to head ~~

Cowboys QBs, Guys in the Booth.

~~rip~~ ~~phwthh~~

Name two positions that can never make fans happy.

(Romo gets the best of both worlds)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

morat1959

Reaction score
I like Romo much better as a commentator than I did as a player. He was far and away the best we’ve had since Aikman but the gap between him and Aikman was huge on the field…not so much in the booth.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Romo is a pretty good announcer as is Aikman. Never understood why people get upset over announcers . Half the time I don't even pay attention to them.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
He does not have the voice for TV,[too raspy for me] but I like his insight to the game when hes not talking so fast or making funny noises.