Romo or Warner in his prime?

jcblanco22

Reaction score
mmohican29;2320421 said:
I'll take Roy, first KO'g Faulk, then on the Safety blitz KO'g Warner thus pretty much ending the Rams dynasty in St. Louis. They were never quite the same after that game. That was pretty much the highlight of the season for us... 2004? or 05?

It was actually in 2002, his rookie season, when he was quite a force.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2320273 said:
Didn't he win two league MVPs?

He was fantastic. Now that he is gripping the ball better with the gloved hand, I think he has been pretty outstanding again.

If he was never injured, I wonder what he may have done healthy up until now.

Romo is great, I hope he hasn't reached his ceiling, but Warner has a better resume right now.

He did win 2 MVPs, that's correct. One thing I've noticed about Warner is that he seems to be back on the upswing as his career winds down and you're right, it has a lot to do with the hand getting better and the personnel around him being outstanding again in Boldin, Fitzgerald, and James.

One thing about Warner though, in his greatest seasons he's been blessed to have some of the very best skill position players around him in the NFL at those times. This obviously holds true in both St. Louis and Arizona.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think Warner has a slight advantage there given that he only had the Greatest Show on Turf at his disposal that allowed him to put up numbers like he did. Of course it's pretty wild given that he had that offense that he only threw 10 more TDs in the same span than Romo. That 4-1 playoff record, to an 0-2 one, was the big difference.

As good as our offense is there is no way it compares to what they had with those guys.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Warner had a great Offense, but imagine the Rams with the same offense with, Kyle boller, John Kitna, Ryan Leaf, Tavaris Jackson, they don't win...... Look at the Cards now, Leinart could not do nothing but Warner is.. Warner is a good QB and take nothing from him.....

That's like saying we would have won the SB without Aikman because we had EMmitt, Irvin, Novachek and the Oline... it all goes hand and hand, Warner came from the Arena League where he was use to getting the ball out his hand in less then 2 seconds, after 3 years that 2 seconds became 3 seconds and the timing wasn't the same, though the injury hurt, he still held onto the ball longer then he normally did....

JRid21

Reaction score
I know this might take it off topic but Kurt is also one heck of a guy away from football.

Card Trader

Benched
Reaction score
This is a funny question. Not only does Warner have better stats, but he's been MVP and Super Bowl Champion. People will be talking about the offense he led for YEARS to come. Romo? He's slept with some hot chicks and fumbled away his chance at winning a playoff game.