ROMO: other than brady and manning what qbs

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Manning and Brady are on another level for now, so no discussion there. Having said that, I don't think Palmer would be better than Romo with this team. It is very obvious that this team feeds off of Romo's energy, even on the Defensive side. The offensive line is good, but he certainly makes it looks better by avoiding the pressure when it gets to him. Hard to believe that all the Media experts were mentioning Lienhart and Smith over Romo in the Pre-season. That was dumb then and dumber now.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
zeromaster;1666898 said:
I think Jerry is waiting for the Pats game to make his move.

If we hold our own, and especially if we win convincingly, I think the talks at that point come to fruition. They could wait into December, but then I think it starts to become to much of a "well you did this, but can you do this" scenario. And that could be counterproductive.

Waiting until the playoffs is a nice ideal, but that would be too much of a distraction with what's on the line.

jmo

You make some good points, I imagine Jerry is wrestling with it daily trying to figure out what the right thing to do is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1666842 said:
Wait and see that he doesn't go down the toilet like the last half of last season, that's what I mean! In other words can he put a whole season together, from start to finish, playing at a high level. Yes, he'll have a bad game or two though, even Brady and Manning do that, but they bounce back. So far Romo has done a good job of bouncing back from last season. Can he keep it up?

Even in games that the defense put Dallas behind the 8 ball Romo was still able to put us in a position to win. Myself it did not take me a year to figure out that Troy Aikman would be a great QB and I have seen enough of Romo to know that he has what it takes. He is a QB and not going to win games without the rest of the team but talent wise yes Romo is the real deal and shows it at critical moments of games even in some of his bad game he was still coming through on the 3rd and longs like it was nothing. If you have doubt that is cool myself I don't and I hope the Cowboys can get a deal done fairly soon

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
really just palmer​

and rex grossman lol just kidding :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
I absolutely love Carson Palmer, I think the guy is amazing. I think when it's all said and done, he and Peyton will be considered the best traditional QBs of this decade....the guys with the best mechanics, the gaudy numbers, great pocket passers with career elite WRs at their disposal, good o-lines, and a good running game.

But the only guy I even consider taking over Romo right now is Brady. They're the only two of the group that have the "it" that you just can't describe. I dunno, maybe I'm just not giving Peyton enough credit.