Romo Out: Blessing in disguise

topdog

Reaction score
Johnson will manage a better game, and the team will come together!!!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
topdog;2337014 said:

Haha we will be lucky to be .500 when Romo returns

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If Dallas goes 1-2 in the next three games I'd be borderline ecstatic. This ain't Brad Johnson circa 2002.

YAKUZA

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
3-0 and Romo never gets his job back. Ok I went too far, but I think Johnson can manage a 2-1 record.

Eskimo

Reaction score
My only hope is that with Johnson at the helm we get back to getting rid of the ball quicker and using short throws to RBs more as designed plays rather than just dumpoffs.

The intermediate passing game to the outside of the field will be almost non-existent as Johnson can't drive the ball out there.

I do think Johnson has nice touch so we may yet hit some big ones downfield to TO or Austin.

The OL will hopefully focus more and keep Johnson clean.

It is a shame that we have lost Felix for this stretch as he could have taken a load off of Johnson. Maybe we'll get to see some more of Choice.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
topdog;2337014 said:

We are the points coming from? The only way we win is if Defense and ST steps up and starts scoring TD's other wise we're boned.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2337077 said:
We are the points coming from? The only way we win is if Defense and ST steps up and starts scoring TD's other wise we're boned.

People always ask this. We have weapons on offense. We'll be fine.

And no. We're not boned. Yet.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;2337042 said:
My only hope is that with Johnson at the helm we get back to getting rid of the ball quicker and using short throws to RBs more as designed plays rather than just dumpoffs.

The intermediate passing game to the outside of the field will be almost non-existent as Johnson can't drive the ball out there.

I do think Johnson has nice touch so we may yet hit some big ones downfield to TO or Austin.

The OL will hopefully focus more and keep Johnson clean.

It is a shame that we have lost Felix for this stretch as he could have taken a load off of Johnson. Maybe we'll get to see some more of Choice.

This is Choice's chance to shine. I hope he steps up. Brad will need all the help he can get from the RBs. It would also be beneficial for the O-Line to get back to decent run blocking like they seemed to do early on.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
everyone always wants the backup.............................hes a backup for a reason.........:bang2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
dadymat;2337126 said:
everyone always wants the backup.............................hes a backup for a reason.........:bang2:
If it's for 2-3 games, it doesn't bother me alot. Especially if they're vets, at least they know their role well.

Otherwise, if this had been a season-ender, then yes, we would be ******.

maxsports

Reaction score
Johnson may be able to calm this team down. Johnson will be able to win games. He is not here for the long term answer just to manage while Romo is gone. Maybe Romo can do some soul searching while he is watching his team play. Throwing for 300+ yards each week does not matter. He does not know how to manage a game and he does not take care of the ball.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
dadymat;2337126 said:

yeah cuz he can't beat out our top 5 rated quarterback of the NFL

Nexx

Reaction score
maybe it will be a good thing for both tony and jason to sit back and watch brad operate. once both jason and tony figure out that not every play has to be 15+ yards, they'll learn to manage and game plan better. you dont have to hit big plays on every drive, sometimes a long time consuming drive can benefit your team more. its helps keep our defense fresh, while wearing down the opponents defense.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
The key to this stretch is accountability. No one on this team is playing at his peak level, and you get the feeling a lot of guys are ready to start pointing fingers.

Well, now every single guy has to play his absolute best every week in order for Brad Johnson to take this team to a few victories.

If that can be achieved, maybe Romo can inherit a more disciplined, polished team (hopefully, he'd come back better, too) and this team can get back on track in mid-November.

If not, it could be a long, long season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
topdog;2337014 said:

Lets see how "together the team is" when we dont win a game without Romo.

You guys actually think we are going to win with "noodle arm":laugh2:

Ren

Reaction score
topdog;2337014 said:

:lmao:

Wade probably told the team after the game that he thought they played well and where unlucky, nothing good will come out of having BJ a QB and the team won't come together as long as we have wade and his minor league no one keep score and everyone gets trophies coaching. Thank god one of these games are against the Rams but we'll probably find a way to lose that too :banghead:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ren;2337319 said:
:lmao:

Wade probably told the team after the game that he thought they played well and where unlucky, nothing good will come out of having BJ a QB and the team won't come together as long as we have wade and his minor league no one keep score and everyone gets trophies coaching. Thank god one of these games are against the Rams but we'll probably find a way to lose that too :banghead:
The Rams just beat the Skins on the road, who came into our house and danced on our star (Cartwright).

I seriously doubt we beat the Rams (in St. Louis) with "noodle arm" at QB.

When Romo comes back we will be 4-5 and it will be too late.:(

aikemirv

Reaction score
topdog;2337014 said:

I think you are wrong here. I think Garrett will call a better game and make a better gameplan. he has been putting too much presuure on the Oline and on Romo by trying to go deep too often rather than getting into some short or moderate stuff. If we can come out of this 2-1 and with a more conservative gameplan it will help us down the line.