Romo Out: Blessing in disguise

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2337092 said:
People always ask this. We have weapons on offense. We'll be fine.

And no. We're not boned. Yet.

We wont be fine but we still have the ability to win.

Losing McBriar and Felix Jones REALLY hurts us too because we will have to fight for every yard to win and those 2 really helped out on special teams.

Johnson can manage a game. I just dont think he can win it.

Back to bus driver football.

Deep_South

Reaction score
topdog;2337014 said:
Johnson will manage a better game, and the team will come together!!!

Sure, a blessing in disguise. Maybe we should trade Romo for Roy Williams to give Brad Johnson another receiver. That should get us to the Super Bowl.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Nexx;2337249 said:
maybe it will be a good thing for both tony and jason to sit back and watch brad operate. once both jason and tony figure out that not every play has to be 15+ yards, they'll learn to manage and game plan better. you dont have to hit big plays on every drive, sometimes a long time consuming drive can benefit your team more. its helps keep our defense fresh, while wearing down the opponents defense.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Look, Romo has all the talent in the world to be great BUT what he doesn't seem to possess (right now) is that "humble" gene. Your spot on about him not needing to throw the ball 15+ yards downfield to be successful (huh, didn't Barber's 70 yard TD prove that). Also, maybe Garrett will realize this as well and use T.O. the way that San Fran. & Philly used him - in the "short" passing game. I remember watching Philly in '04 and '05 and how they would throw him WR screens, slants, etc.... and let him use one of his strongest attributes - his Y.A.C. skills. It always seems like they are trying to get him the ball 20+ yards downfield.

I think this whole thing is what Dallas needed to wake the F!@K up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow: