Image: Romo photos in the last 24 hours

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He sure doesn't look fat to me though he needs to get in better football shape with some conditioning :)

1537741f5cc6a58d8451854062a2a4a76a891ac2

32ec4f41225d4953693dfcb025294db176e142c6

romo%20photo

Reaction score
Dak looks like a LB compared to Romo.....
was thinking the same thing but it looks like Dak is a few feet in front of Tony making him look much bigger in comparison. Nonetheless, Dak is a beast and Tony looks, well, like he's healing and getting back to game shape.

Gabe

Reaction score
Right .. 6 games into a 16+ game season .. spend the rest of the season "getting in shape". :rolleyes:
Romo looks like a 60 year old man in the last picture. Dak looks like a beast.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo looks like a 60 year old man in the last picture. Dak looks like a beast.
It's apparent you assume I'm a "Romo should start" supporter .. I am not. I am not a "Dak should start supporter." I honestly don't care as long as we win. I was a Dak fan long before almost everyone here and still am.

That said, it would be completely idiotic to keep Romo inactive through the rest of the season, which is what the poster I replied to was saying. I don't care who starts, you don't keep a good quarterback off the active roster simply because you favor another player over him to start. If anything, I would think all fans, even Romo haters, would remember what happened last season.

Perhaps stop trolling anyone who mentions Romo in a positive light for a moment, and take the time to read before posting next time.

I really don't understand why people cannot be happy that we have (or will soon have) two very good starting quarterbacks while most teams don't even have one.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Right .. 6 games into a 16+ game season .. spend the rest of the season "getting in shape". :rolleyes:
look at brady and then look at romo, and you will see what I mean by get in shape.
Tony has so much rust from not playing since 2014, he isnt going to be better than dak.
If he really wants to play 5 more years, he needs to be in better shape, lose a little weight, and practice.

Tony hasnt even thrown a pass since the seattle game !.

He still hasnt actually practiced.

I say all this partly cause I want dak to keep playing, but also because it would be better for tony extending his career.

I dont know if your familiar with sonny jurgenson, of the Commanders, big belly and slow, but was decent qb,.
Tony is the modern day version of him right now.
If Dak is winning the games, I dont see any reason to switch QB's, and they have tony and sanchez for bkups.

I think the jones boys are playing the wait and see game right now, which isnt fair to Dak and Romo.
It puts more pressure on dak, because he is thinking one bad game and loss, and I am on the bench.

Tony is wondering hey arent I the star QB??

But they want to see if Dak keeps winning, and how he looks doing it, and then how tony looks practicing, or I dont know
throwing the ball to miles lol.

So really Dak needs to keep winning, every win makes him harder to bench.

Dak would already be the starter on most teams, with no star QB. And even some that did have one.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
look at brady and then look at romo, and you will see what I mean by get in shape.
Tony has so much rust from not playing since 2014, he isnt going to be better than dak.
If he really wants to play 5 more years, he needs to be in better shape, lose a little weight, and practice.

I say all this partly cause I want dak to keep playing, but also because it would be better for tony extending his career.

I dont know if your familiar with sonny jurgenson, of the Commanders, big belly and slow, but was decent qb,.
If Dak is winning the games, I dont see any reason to switch QB's, and they have tony and sanchez for bkups.

I think the jones boys are playing the wait and see game right now, which isnt fair to Dak and Romo.
It puts more pressure on dak, because he is thinking one bad game and loss, and I am on the bench.

But they want to see if Dak keeps winning, and how he looks doing it, and then how tony looks practicing, or I dont know

Dak would already be the starter on most teams, with no star QB. And even some that did have one.
You do not keep a player on your active roster that you have no plans to ever inserting into a game. You want to argue for Dak to keep the starting position? Fine. But saying, "I want Dak as the starter so save Tony for next year" is foolish. What happens if Dak gets hurt? Do you want to rely on Sanchez to come in and save the game? What if Sanchez gets hurt then? Do we bring in another couch-sitting veteran or trade away a high draft pick to bring in a middle-of-the-road at best veteran quarterback that will take forever to learn our system? Again, just go back to last year and think about bad we looked with "veteran" quarterbacks.

As I said, I really do not care who starts between Dak and Romo (I am very serious about this), but whichever one starts, I definitely want the other one backing him up. Right now, that's not Romo, but if Romo is ready in a couple of weeks, I will be fine if it's Dak/Romo or Romo/Dak, as long as both of them are the top two quarterbacks on the field.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Do you take pride in getting so many facts wrong in your posts? I'm noticing a trend and was wondering.

DFWJC

Reaction score
was thinking the same thing but it looks like Dak is a few feet in front of Tony making him look much bigger in comparison. Nonetheless, Dak is a beast and Tony looks, well, like he's healing and getting back to game shape.
lol
yes, Dak is in front of him.
But after looking at a bunch of photos with them side-by-side, I do think that, even though they're both listed at 6'2", Dak has a half inch on him...
If you're 36 and have had a few back surgeries, my guess is you may be lightly shorter than you were at 22. :oldcouple:
But no, Dak does not tower over Tony like it appears int he photo. :laugh:

Even at 22, when Romo was a bit slimmer, I doubt he was ever fit like Dak. The dude has abs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Do you take pride in getting so many facts wrong in your posts? I'm noticing a trend and was wondering.
Wow I only stated 2 "facts" and even those were not meant to be set in stone facts.
your just a romo fan who doesnt like what I said.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Wow I only stated 2 "facts" and even those were not meant to be set in stone facts.
your just a romo fan who doesnt like what I said.

I guess I should have used "facts" in quotes. You stated most things as if they were facts, and some of your statements, opinion or not, are factually inaccurate.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I guess I should have used "facts" in quotes. You stated most things as if they were facts, and some of your statements, opinion or not, are factually inaccurate.
well the practicing and throwing a pass, are those the ones inaccurate?
He just started practicing, but not formal practice, and throwing a pass I meant in a real game.
If you take away the Seattle ps game which was only a few plays, it has been almost a whole year since tony threw
a pass in a real game.
And he had the 3 ints, 2 were pick six's? and it wasnt due to injury his throwing arm side is ok, it was due to not playing
and then playing a good defense and being predictable, and not ready for the fast pace of a real game.

If put back in this year, I dont see how he can not be like that again.
Defenses are not going to let tony stand in a comfy pocket and beat them, they will go after him more than they do dak.
At least the smart defense will.

Think of this, the other players on other team, will have played 8 games and be in a groove, and tony hasnt played any games
and will take time to get in a groove if he can.

He may play poorly and win, and then get going in a groove, but worse case scenario is this.......
Tony plays, is off, loses 2-3 games and then gets hurt.
That hurts the teams seed status, and we are back with dak anyway.
So instead of playoffs @ 14-2 it would be 11-5 big difference.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

The in shape thing is a reach. Romo is athletic but most QB's are thick or look like normal guys. He is far from being pudgy. Big Ben has bloated up and down in his career, Peyton had a beer belly, Brees is very athletic but also thick. Romo has always been athletic but thick. He has always put an emphasis on lower body training and it shows.

Brady is the way he is because he and his super model wife share an amazing diet and workout plan. Brady also ditched weight lifting and went to more body weight exercises in previous seasons. The guy doesn't eat certain vegetables because they have too much sugar. That is extreme, even for an elite athlete.

Dak is ripped. No denying it but, truth be told, how many ripped QBs do you see succeed? Not saying it can't or won't happen. I'm just saying that the position is more about lower body and core strength as well as thickening up to take some hits. They don't look the way they look by accident. They are trained that way. Most successful ones don't have big arms or tight abs because it's not good for the position