Romo pinkie is fractured not broken..

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
For those who don't know about fractures and broken bones. Fractures are much less concern. However, I wonder if this pinkie of his was fractured before when he would grip his hand.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Cowboy_4_Life;2334144 said:
For those who don't know about fractures and broken bones. Fractures are much less concern. However, I wonder if this pinkie of his was fractured before when he would grip his hand.

fractured = broken in medicine.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry looked at the xrays.

It's definitely fractured and broken

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy_4_Life;2334157 said:
:lmao: You have no medical experience. :lmao:
Actually, he is right .. the term fracture is commonly used for broken bones that are not displaced or where surgery is not required.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
Okay for people who need updated medical defintions:

Broken:
Main Entry: 1break
Pronunciation: primarystressbramacrk
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): broke /primarystressbromacrk/; bro·ken /primarystressbromacr-kschwan/; break·ing
transitive verb
1 a : to snap into pieces : FRACTURE <break a bone> b : to fracture the bone of (a bodily part) <the blow broke her arm> c : to dislocate or dislocate and fracture a bone of (the neck or back)
2 a : to cause an open wound in : RUPTURE <break the skin> b : to rupture the surface of and permit flowing out or effusing <break an artery> <he broke several veins during his seizure>
intransitive verb
1 : to fail in health or strength -- often used with down <he broke down under the strain>
2 : to suffer complete or marked loss of resistance, composure, resolution, morale, or command of a situation -- often used with down <the prisoner broke down under interrogation and told the whole story>

Fracture:
Main Entry: 1frac&#183;ture
Pronunciation: primarystressfrak-chschwar, -shschwar
Function: noun
1 : the act or process of breaking or the state of being broken ; specifically : the breaking of hard tissue (as bone) -- see POTT'S FRACTURE
2 : the rupture (as by tearing) of soft tissue <kidney fracture>
[fracture illustration]

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cowboy_4_Life;2334157 said:
:lmao: You have no medical experience. :lmao:
foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

Eskimo

Reaction score
Reality;2334192 said:
Actually, he is right .. the term fracture is commonly used for broken bones that are not displaced or where surgery is not required.

Broken bone is just a layman's term for fracture. There are just many different types of fractures - open, closed, impacted, comminuted, oblique, transverse, spiral, etc. It has nothing to do with what type of treatment is required.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy_4_Life;2334193 said:
Okay for people who need updated medical defintions:

Why do you think the other posters were calling you out on this? Shouldn't you have at least thought about it for a moment?

Rackat

Reaction score
Cowboy_4_Life
Banned

Thank you. Now, can we talk about Card Trader as well?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;2334227 said:
Broken bone is just a layman's term for fracture. There are just many different types of fractures - open, closed, impacted, comminuted, oblique, transverse, spiral, etc. It has nothing to do with what type of treatment is required.
You do realize I was saying YOU were right?

-Reality

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
what tha heck.......is this good news?

I am not a doctor.

Just a homer fan!

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
My question is why is he automatically out for 4 weeks?

I know Favre played with a broken thumb...I don't get why he could play and yet Romo is out.