Romo pinkie is fractured not broken..

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;2334227 said:
Broken bone is just a layman's term for fracture. There are just many different types of fractures - open, closed, impacted, comminuted, oblique, transverse, spiral, etc. It has nothing to do with what type of treatment is required.
Also, I was speaking in terms of injuries in the NFL .. if you go back and look, most teams use "fracture" as a term for broken bones that are not displaced and do not require surgery.

I said you were right, that fracture = broken .. I was simply saying that term fracture is just a way for teams to say "It's broken, just not bad enough to require surgery."

-Reality

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;2334291 said:
My question is why is he automatically out for 4 weeks?

I know Favre played with a broken thumb...I don't get why he could play and yet Romo is out.

Uh hello. Favre could play with an amputated leg, he's just that good.

StylisticS

Reaction score

I know Favre played with a broken thumb...I don't get why he could play and yet Romo is out.

That maybe why the ticket said that they are thinking about seeking another opinion.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

4 weeks is just an estimate ..

When you throw a football (or baseball too), your fingers snap to increase velocity and they also affect accuracy. Your thumb only aids in gripping the ball so once you regain strength in your thumb and you can reduce or endure the pain, you can throw fairly well.

If I remember correctly, when Favre hurt his thumb it was when he hit a helmet on a pass. I believe when he was played the next week or two he had trouble throwing even though he played.

silver

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2334287 said:
what tha heck.......is this good news?

I am not a doctor.

Just a homer fan!

lol, same here. is this good news for us homers? :lmao:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy_4_Life;2334193 said:
Okay for people who need updated medical defintions:

Broken:
Main Entry: 1break
Pronunciation: primarystressbramacrk
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): broke /primarystressbromacrk/; bro·ken /primarystressbromacr-kschwan/; break·ing
transitive verb
1 a : to snap into pieces : FRACTURE <break a bone> b : to fracture the bone of (a bodily part) <the blow broke her arm> c : to dislocate or dislocate and fracture a bone of (the neck or back)
2 a : to cause an open wound in : RUPTURE <break the skin> b : to rupture the surface of and permit flowing out or effusing <break an artery> <he broke several veins during his seizure>
intransitive verb
1 : to fail in health or strength -- often used with down <he broke down under the strain>
2 : to suffer complete or marked loss of resistance, composure, resolution, morale, or command of a situation -- often used with down <the prisoner broke down under interrogation and told the whole story>

Fracture:
Main Entry: 1frac·ture
Pronunciation: primarystressfrak-chschwar, -shschwar
Function: noun
1 : the act or process of breaking or the state of being broken ; specifically : the breaking of hard tissue (as bone) -- see POTT'S FRACTURE
2 : the rupture (as by tearing) of soft tissue <kidney fracture>
[fracture illustration]

The guy actually posts definitions of both words and both definitions confirm he is wrong.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Unless this means instead of 4 weeks we're talking about 1 or 2 weeks then I don't think it matters what you call it.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Reality;2334343 said:
4 weeks is just an estimate ..

When you throw a football (or baseball too), your fingers snap to increase velocity and they also affect accuracy. Your thumb only aids in gripping the ball so once you regain strength in your thumb and you can reduce or endure the pain, you can throw fairly well.

If I remember correctly, when Favre hurt his thumb it was when he hit a helmet on a pass. I believe when he was played the next week or two he had trouble throwing even though he played.

Thanks. I appreciate the response. Brett did hit his hand on a helmet.

silver

Reaction score
Rackat;2334268 said:
Cowboy_4_Life
Banned

Thank you. Now, can we talk about Card Trader as well?

he really got banned! surely you can't be serious.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2334287 said:
what tha heck.......is this good news?

I am not a doctor.

Just a homer fan!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Your the best bro....You always find the right words to put a smile on my face...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
silver;2334427 said:

Believe he was banned for rules violations in another thread he started which was closed

Rackat

Reaction score
silver;2334427 said:
I am serious, and don't call me Shirly. ;)

It happened right after I posted that. :laugh2:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5;2334474 said:
Believe he was banned for rules violations in another thread he started which was closed
Winner, we have ..

Q_the_man

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2334366 said:
I think the proper response should have been........."I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express"

PRICELESS

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2334216 said:
foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

Now that is both nasty and creepy.