Romo planted the snap and Automatica hit it...

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
....with 1:19 to play....Gramatica kicked off....returned to the 37 ...Hassleback , dropped back dumped to Morris for a 14 yd pickup as the Dallas secondary was playing deep ...1:08 to play Ball on the Boys' 49 ...Hassleback incomplete to Engram ...2 & 10 Hassleback down the middle to Jeremy Stevens...Stevens splits James and Boy Wiliams again for a gain of 18 ...down to the Boys 31 ...51 seconds left....Give to Alexander for a gain o 4...to the Boys 27 ..clock running ....43 ....42 ....41 .40..39 ...QB Sneak by Hassleback and TO to center the ball....Ball on the Boys 25 ...Brown lines up....for a 42 yd FG....
Snap...it's down....and Bang! Brown Hits! Hawks win ....Hawks win!

I'm over the Romo snapfu....b/c you know as well as I ...this is exactly what would have happened.

This is how I've rationalized my heartbreak.

JBS

Reaction score
you know I agree 100%. but guess WHAT? that was SATURDAY!!! Next year that WONT happen. You know why???? BECAUSE ZIMMERS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I have no doubt they would have had to screw up in the final minute not to win because there is no way our D was going to stop them from at least getting in fieldgoal range!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
so true....i knew it was practically over after the witten catch was overturned. we needed a TD to win...period. I have no faith that our D would've held up with a 2 point lead

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's exactly what would have happened, however, had Romo scored the TD on that botched hold, or, had we stopped Alexander on 1st and 10 from the 2 yard line after the botched hold, we still would've had over a minute to take the great kick off by Austin, and get in field goal range to try another kick and win it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1303819 said:
....with 1:19 to play....Gramatica kicked off....returned to the 37 ...Hassleback , dropped back dumped to Morris for a 14 yd pickup as the Dallas secondary was playing deep ...1:08 to play Ball on the Boys' 49 ...Hassleback incomplete to Engram ...2 & 10 Hassleback down the middle to Jeremy Stevens...Stevens splits James and Boy Wiliams again for a gain of 18 ...down to the Boys 31 ...51 seconds left....Give to Alexander for a gain o 4...to the Boys 27 ..clock running ....43 ....42 ....41 .40..39 ...QB Sneak by Hassleback and TO to center the ball....Ball on the Boys 25 ...Brown lines up....for a 42 yd FG....

I'm over the Romo snapfu....b/c you know as well as I ...this is exactly what would have happened.

Sorry I don't. Dallas had 2 ints on the night already they also come up big with a goal line stance on 4 downs. Dallas could have given up the yardage for the Hawks to attempt a FG but by the same token Dallas very well could have stopped them

CalCBFan

Reaction score
There was a lot of rejoicing when Campo left and guess what? Not too much has changed. I'm not saying Zimmer was great, but what is everyone going to say when ATL has the #1 D in the league next year? And I think it could happen. Petrino has NFL experience and pickes Zim for a reason. It may well be our animosity towards the coaching has been misplaced, expecially towards the DC...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1303925 said:
There was a lot of rejoicing when Campo left and guess what? Not too much has changed. I'm not saying Zimmer was great, but what is everyone going to say when ATL has the #1 D in the league next year? And I think it could happen. Petrino has NFL experience and pickes Zim for a reason. It may well be our animosity towards the coaching has been misplaced, expecially towards the DC...

Zimmer is a 4-3 guy.

If he truns them into the #1 defense then we will just argue how we should have stayed or went back to the 4-3.

Not nessassarily that we should have kept Zimmer around.

ghst187

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1303819 said:

TOTALLY AGREE! That's why I didn't mind the manner in which we lost so much. The ONLY way we would've won it there at the end was if Witten had gotten the first down so we could melt the clock all the way down and probably get a TD.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
smarta5150;1303933 said:
Zimmer is a 4-3 guy.

If he truns them into the #1 defense then we will just argue how we should have stayed or went back to the 4-3.

Not nessassarily that we should have kept Zimmer around.

Exactly, because it's not as if we had kept Zimmer, he would have been working with the likes of John Abraham, Patrick Kerney, Rod Coleman, and Keith Brooking here. I have no doubt he may look good next year, but the personnel he'll have access to will be a huge factor if that happens.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1303819 said:

You forgot: Zorn down the sideline to Steve Largent, who beats Anthony Henry by 6 steps.

Coy

Reaction score
We needed either a TD or a first down because that way, I almost wanted Parcells to go for it on Forth down because of our 3 TO (knowing it would`ve been against the book and would have taken a lot of guts to do it) but the Seahawks with more than 1 minute on the clock and with that Kicker, odds were against us.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1303925 said:
Not much has changed? Three straight 5-11 seasons v. 2 out of 4 season in the playoffs. That's change. Not good enough, but it's definitely change.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You guys are absolutely braindead. Seattle scored a whopping 3 times the entire game!!!! One of those scores was on a short field due to the safety. You act like they were driving up and down the damn field on us all game. That was not the case. I feel very confident we would've stopped them. Get real and stop trying to make yourselves feel better.