Romo sealed Henson's fate in Nawlins

dfense

Reaction score
I watched all of Hensons games this summer when he was in Europe. I've heard all the excuses, bad receivers, bad defense, his line etc. But the fact is, he regressed to the same stuff the coaching staff tried to get him to stop doing. He steps way too far into his throws. Which effectively makes him "shorter" when he releases it. It looks like he's winding up to throw someone out at first. He also sailed about half his intermediate passes over the receiver's head. He was definitely slow to make decisions in the pocket and was late with passes.

Watching Romo the other night, it was obvious he has progressed in the off season. Henson's just the odd man out and he makes too much money to be #3 after a couple seasons. Just goes to show, how many people wanted Henson to be given the job? This team would have been ruined if that happened.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He wasn't accurate, same as Hutchinson and Carter.

goshan

Reaction score
Actually Hutch was ok with accuracy. But his pocket presence was horrible.
But I agree that Henson and QC's biggest downfall (besides mental makeup) was accuracy.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i'm just glad to finally get a chance to see what romo can do.

i must say...after seeing a little of drew and a little of romo.....romo looks much better.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Clove said:

Chutch wasnt horribly inaccurate, but you could have driven a semi into the backfield and he wouldnt have noticed

SloppyOctopuss

Reaction score
dfense said:
I watched all of Hensons games this summer when he was in Europe. I've heard all the excuses, bad receivers, bad defense, his line etc. But the fact is, he regressed to the same stuff the coaching staff tried to get him to stop doing. He steps way too far into his throws. Which effectively makes him "shorter" when he releases it. It looks like he's winding up to throw someone out at first. He also sailed about half his intermediate passes over the receiver's head. He was definitely slow to make decisions in the pocket and was late with passes.

Watching Romo the other night, it was obvious he has progressed in the off season. Henson's just the odd man out and he makes too much money to be #3 after a couple seasons. Just goes to show, how many people wanted Henson to be given the job? This team would have been ruined if that happened.

Henson got screwed over by Parcells, Romo had no part in it. If we would have played Henson instead of Romo I guarantee he would have done just as good or better. We lost a good young player today.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
SloppyOctopuss said:
Henson got screwed over by Parcells, Romo had no part in it. If we would have played Henson instead of Romo I guarantee he would have done just as good or better. We lost a good young player today.

:lmao2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SloppyOctopuss said:

I gurantee that had we started Steve Walsh instead of Troy Aikman in 1990, he would have done just as good if not better than Aikman did.

See how easy and pointless that is? :rolleyes:

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Oh well we wasted a 3rd round pick. Chances are we wouldn't have gotten anybody worth a crap anyway Pre-Ireland.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
SloppyOctopuss said:
Drew?? Is that you??

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Chutch wasnt horribly inaccurate, but you could have driven a semi into the backfield and he wouldnt have noticed
When I think of accuracy, I think of guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. I don't even see Bledsoe as really accurate. He's accurate, but seeing Romo throw the ball, and studying both games, it's clear to me that this guy hits his target like 90% of the time.

Even the times he missed his target, it was right on line and either the defender made a great play, or the receiver didn't make the catch.

Romo has serious accuracy as far as I'm concerned. Now I still would like to see some more games, but obviously Parcells has been noticing this for a long time, we've just not been able to witness it.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
He was accurate before they screwed with his delivery.

you sound like a guy with an agenda, or a serious attachment to a man you have never met.

If you are basing this on his play at Michigan MANY years ago, then please, silence yourself. Because I would like to see what you base your assessment of Hensons accuracy on, being as though we barely saw him with his old motion.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Whether Romo ends up being our QB of the future or not. I am looking forward to Ireland taking a shot at this QB thing next year in the draft somewhere. Lord knows I never want Jerry to try his hand at it again. Speaking of which, Anybody know what Kerry Wood is doing these days? Maybe we can get him a tryout.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Clove said:

i thought carter was accurate, not even close to Troy's accuracey but accurate non the less

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
We wasted second round picks on Carter and Dixon didn't we? Drew seemed like a good idea at the time. Being out of football did him in.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Carter had good accuracy hitting the cutoff man. Henson had good accuracy turning the 6-4-3 DP and Hutchinson had good accuracy holding a runner on first. Thats about it.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
i thought carter was accurate, not even close to Troy's accuracey but accurate non the less
Only when he was in the pocket. If he had to move he paniced and threw wild passes into traffic.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
PaEagleHater said:
We wasted second round picks on Carter and Dixon didn't we? Drew seemed like a good idea at the time. Being out of football did him in.

Jerry did, and that should be a good indicator as to why it's taken us so damn long to get to this point. What is it, 2 players from pre Parcells on the team now? Im not complaining.