Romo sealed Henson's fate in Nawlins

ctalker

Reaction score
SloppyOctopuss said:
Henson got screwed over by Parcells, Romo had no part in it. If we would have played Henson instead of Romo I guarantee he would have done just as good or better. We lost a good young player today.

Agreed here.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't know what accuracy you guys are referring too, but I didn't see consistant accuracy.

When you look back at Aikman in his day, the man was almost always on his target - when you look at Bledsoe last year, he would hit 3 or 4 receivers in a row, and then skip the ball off the ground in front of his target.

The next play he would throw it wide - then he would come back with a perfectly thrown ball the next couple of plays.

Now Carter had a wabbly ball, and sometimes he could throw the ball 5 yards over the targets head, and Hutchinson was sort of like Bledsoe, but that man thought he was on the field all by himself and there were no defenders around him.

Romo, in 2 games (so don't jump down my throat about this) but this guy puts the ball in the perfect spot always. I am going to be watching him closely in these next couple of games and if I'm wrong, I'll come on here and gladly eat my crow sammich.

SloppyOctopuss

Reaction score
Clove said:
I don't know what accuracy you guys are referring too, but I didn't see consistant accuracy.

When you look back at Aikman in his day, the man was almost always on his target - when you look at Bledsoe last year, he would hit 3 or 4 receivers in a row, and then skip the ball off the ground in front of his target.

The next play he would throw it wide - then he would come back with a perfectly thrown ball the next couple of plays.

Now Carter had a wabbly ball, and sometimes he could throw the ball 5 yards over the targets head, and Hutchinson was sort of like Bledsoe, but that man thought he was on the field all by himself and there were no defenders around him.

Romo, in 2 games (so don't jump down my throat about this) but this guy puts the ball in the perfect spot always. I am going to be watching him closely in these next couple of games and if I'm wrong, I'll come on here and gladly eat my crow sammich.

Romo's preseason numbers are vastly overrated, he's played against backups and 90% of his passes have been to wide open receivers. His arm strength and overall skill at the position aren't even close to Henson's.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
SloppyOctopuss said:
Romo's preseason numbers are vastly overrated, he's played against backups and 90% of his passes have been to wide open receivers. His arm strength and overall skill at the position aren't even close to Henson's.
His arm strenght is good enough to get the ball where it needs to go, and he plays who ever they put in front of him and scores.. Henson was a glorified wannabe Aikman. Jerry has this fascination with trying to re-create our Super Bowl stars of the early nineties..

Bizwah

Reaction score
Romo reminds me of Drew Brees.

Solid, accurate, quick release, not a great scrambler but moves enough.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Jerry did, and that should be a good indicator as to why it's taken us so damn long to get to this point. What is it, 2 players from pre Parcells on the team now? Im not complaining.
I think it's 4 players left over...but that still isn't many.

Ellis, Flozell, Roy, and Gurode

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo's preseason numbers are vastly overrated, he's played against backups and 90% of his passes have been to wide open receivers.

This is the dumbest thing I have heard.....and this is not the first time it's been posted.

Why would Romo not throw to the wide open reciever? Why would any QB not throw to a wide open reciever?

"Oh look, TO is wide open, but I think I will throw to Glenn who is double covered to impress the fans with my strong arm with pinpoint accuracy."

You shouild be praising him for not only finding the wide open reciever so fast, but for making the throw when he is wide open. If all QB's threw to wide open recievers, their stats would go way up.

GLIDINGJJ

Reaction score
Agreed. Henson may do great and land on his feet somewhere and shine like a star. However, he (IMO) doesn't have the mechanics, pocket presence or feel for the game Romo has thus far. Therefore it comes down to money. Why would anyone in the salary cap era pay someone millions of dollars to be the number 3 qb, who will most likely never sit foot on the field. Put emotion out of it guys and gals this was a business decision based on the reality of the situation. It is what is is. Move on.

Lets focus on what else this team needs to do to improve. To me the o-line must pull together and soon or we will be counting on the defense to shut folks out. This offensive is only as good as the line is. Romo will be coming in soon if Bledsoe receives a barage of sacks in the first few weeks. It's not like we've got Mike Vick back there and folks won't think twice about peeling back their ears and heading for the area right behind the center as fast and hard as they can.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Henson sure did have problems in Europe.......although I liked the Henson Hype.....he never impressed me watching him.......ugly motion and results.....I can deal with ugly motion and beautiful results...oh well

devotedfan

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Henson was done long before Romo lit up Seattle and Nawlins
'Lit up"???????????????????????? Like a fireflies' butt. The lighting up in 'Nawlins' was Bledsoe, not noodle arm. My favourite part was the three fumbles. :D

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
SloppyOctopuss said:
Henson got screwed over by Parcells, Romo had no part in it. If we would have played Henson instead of Romo I guarantee he would have done just as good or better. We lost a good young player today.

That may yet be proved out.

We will have to see what comes out of Cowboy camp.
Where and how he ends up.

At this point Henson is not going to get much of a look this year unless the team that picks him up had two QB injuries and needs him to play.

He has lost this year.