Romo set two personal best tonight...

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Personal best of completions (31) and comp. % (79.5%).

Many of his passes were relatively short but they were for decent gains and kept the chains moving.

sandy007

Reaction score
I would rather see short passes over a long one that is intercepted. Except for the fumble, Romo had a good game.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Yep, I love me some Romo, BUT he's got to learn to put two hands on that ball when he's moving around.

Freyguy

Reaction score
Bah, fumbles happen sometimes. See Brady last week. He didnt need to throw the ball deep today. I actually liked the efficiency as it seemed to control the game better.

Zman5

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1722791 said:
Yep, I love me some Romo, BUT he's got to learn to put two hands on that ball when he's moving around.

The reason he can pass like he can on the run is because he holds the football with one hand.

You have to take the good with the bad.

sbark

Reaction score
TV crew was saying by halftime Romo was within 6 passes of Cowboys record of 38 completions(?) set by aikman

but then Romo threw very few in 2nd half........

Freyguy

Reaction score
sbark;1722806 said:
TV crew was saying by halftime Romo was within 6 passes of Cowboys record of 38 completions(?) set by aikman

but then Romo threw very few in 2nd half........
Yeah they were talking about that in the last minute of the game too when they were burning clock by running Barber. I think they said he was 3 short.

But Aikman did say that by the time Romo is done, most of his team records will be broken.

Ken

Reaction score
Romo's fumble was a freak play. Heck, if Columbo wasn't in his way, I'm fairly convinced he would have gotten out of that sack.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Ken;1722817 said:
Romo's fumble was a freak play. Heck, if Columbo wasn't in his way, I'm fairly convinced he would have gotten out of that sack.

freak plays don't happen all the time. Hes got a bad habit of getting the ball knocked out of his hands when he runs. Happened a ton last year. Happened in Buffalo and happened today.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Freyguy;1722797 said:
Bah, fumbles happen sometimes. See Brady last week. He didnt need to throw the ball deep today. I actually liked the efficiency as it seemed to control the game better.

You're right, the short passes were moving the chains, and the clock was winding down. I thought the offense was very eficient, but where was the passing downs in the second half? I have seen the stats yet, but the TOP in the first half should have opened up the offense in the second half.

Garrett seems to be unable to capitalize on previous game successes. It seems every game starts anew, and he has to figure out what works, and what doesn't.

With the weak Minny pass defense, why wouldn't he exploit them with T.O. coming from the backfield, or end arounds, or sometehing rather than the basic wide receiver sets?

I'm hoping Garrett is using the first half of the season to experiment with what works, and to bank those plays/schemes for the second half of the season.

After watching Chi-Phi during timeouts, I'm thinking they are about done, and Wash isn't looking any better.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo holds the ball like that, and that's why his release is so fast. The thing I would like to see if when Romo breaks the pocket, keep on moving way away from it, unless you know you have something ready for you right there.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Zman5;1722803 said:
The reason he can pass like he can on the run is because he holds the football with one hand.

You have to take the good with the bad.

there's nothing wrong w/ Romo scrambling w/ just one hand on the ball, the problem is where he places it while he's doing it, it's low and out, so when he pulls it back in when getting tackled, it bounces off his leg, he has to keep that ball in a little closer