Romo skipped on ESPN's NFCE All-Decade team littered with Cowboys

Qcard

Reaction score
Aww poor troll, while you weren’t paying attention they also already did the All-Decade for each team and Dak didn’t make it. Sorry to be the one to ruin your otherwise useless day.
All-Decade Dallas Cowboys team for 2010-2019 :lmao2::lmao2:.

Yes sir @Super_Kazuya! I am trolling the Garrett Era. I forgot to trademark Dak Hater but Dallas Cowboys 2010--2019 All Decade Team.....The Dark Ages!!® has No Rings too it...bun intended.

Go sell Romo greatness somewhere else. He's nothing more than a very good Ring of Honor player.

I love Romo though I expect in about 30 years he'll be inducted into the HOF.... broadcasting...

You made my day....:clap:

Qcard

Reaction score
He was on a championship big-game team, at least.

I’m not trying to sleight Eli. He’s a good player. Romo was just a lot better.
So Romo couldn't win (carry as some dumb folks called it) with a Championship Caliber team?

Seahawks (Parcells best chance only ever)
Giants ( Choked with RW McQuarters InT)
Eagles ( Glimpse of greatness)
Packers (Robbed....Dez)
Etc etc etc

Romo nothing more than. ROH player...very good QB for Cowboys... nothing more

12+88=7

Reaction score
So Romo couldn't win (carry as some dumb folks called it) with a Championship Caliber team?

Packers (Robbed....Dez)
Etc etc etc

As the QB in Seattle Romo led the team down the field for game leading score. As the holder Romo bobbled the ball. But this play changed the rules. Seattle made the ball more slippery which led to there being a kicking ball to avoid this in the future.

The INT in the New York game came on 4th down. The result was the same as an incomplete pass. The INT was irrelevant as it was 4th down.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I never said they were the same. If you actually read my post you would know that.

After a quarterback's career is over, I would rather have Super Bowl trophies from their years leading the team than stat accomplishments.

If you care more about stats tough, that's great.

I personally prefer Super Bowl wins, but to each their own.

When any player's career is over, I think all of us would rather have Super Bowls. It's too bad not having them only seems to reflect on the quarterbacks.

Qcard

Reaction score
As the QB in Seattle Romo led the team down the field for game leading score. As the holder Romo bobbled the ball. But this play changed the rules. Seattle made the ball more slippery which led to there being a kicking ball to avoid this in the future.

The INT in the New York game came on 4th down. The result was the same as an incomplete pass. The INT was irrelevant as it was 4th down.
Blah blah blah...

Seriously, I never want to disparage Romo but we have to weigh his career against his peers...He was not amongst the greatest..Romo might have played very good for 5-6 seasons but that is a low bar for Cowboys Nation.

I love Romo

12+88=7

Reaction score
Blah blah blah...

Seriously, I never want to disparage Romo but we have to weigh his career against his peers...He was not amongst the greatest..Romo might have played very good for 5-6 seasons but that is a low bar for Cowboys Nation.

I love Romo

So reality and facts are blah, blah, blah.

Genius.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Blah blah blah...

I love Romo

Actually if you take out the team stat of wins and losses, Romo's career stacks up quite well against his peers. It is only the lack of playoff success that brings him down, and again, that is dependent on team play.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Packers (Robbed....Dez)
Etc etc etc

I didn’t suggest Romo was anything more than a RoH player. Only that he was clearly a better QB than Eli was.

Of the games you mentioned, only the Giants game in 2007 and the Packers game in 2014 were championship contending quality teams. Neither loss was on Romo. That Giants game was the one with the Crayton slowing down near the end zone and the bogus grounding penalty that took the offense out of scoring range on the final drive. The Packers game: Dez caught it. Neither of those teams were as good as the 2007 or 2011 Giants teams by the time the playoffs came around.

Eli did really elevate his quality of play in the post-season both of those years. To Romo levels, even.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

It’s true. I’d rather have an INT on the 4th down play as opposed to a throw away. The problem with the INT was the receiver never had a chance. Romo wasn’t under pressure so it wasn’t a desperation throw because he was out of time. He could have scrambled to see if a better opportunity cane up.

shabazz

Reaction score
All this crying and lashing out just because Dakota hasn't been signed, as his fluffers have been promising us........pathetic, sad, but entertaining on some level

12+88=7

Reaction score
It’s true. I’d rather have an INT on the 4th down play as opposed to a throw away. The problem with the INT was the receiver never had a chance. Romo wasn’t under pressure so it wasn’t a desperation throw because he was out of time. He could have scrambled to see if a better opportunity cane up.

Review the play and you will see Dallas only sent out three receivers versus seven defenders, everyone was covered with no where to go. Romo threw it into coverage trying to make a play resulting in the interception.

As for scrambling there were two linebackers spying underneath for this. New York defensed that play very well. There were two underneath, two outside, and three in the middle with all receivers running end zone routes. No reciever ran underneath for the first down.

The key play happened on 3rd down when Crayton pulled up on what would have been a TD if he had kept running. That pass would have hit him in stride for the game winner.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Both times he had a very good defense which carried them deep in playoffs and aided by couple of miracle throws and catches. But he won superbowl MVP
Don’t the winning QB usually win the MVP. Another player has to have SB record winning stats to get it..

Swagger

Reaction score
Review the play and you will see Dallas only sent out three receivers versus seven defenders, everyone was covered with no where to go. Romo threw it into coverage trying to make a play resulting in the interception.

As for scrambling there were two linebackers spying underneath for this. New York defensed that play very well. There were two underneath, two outside, and three in the middle with all receivers running end zone routes. No reciever ran underneath for the first down.

The key play happened on 3rd down when Crayton pulled up on what would have been a TD if he had kept running. That pass would have hit him in stride for the game winner.

Thank you. Someone who is able to actually understand what happens during a game of football.

Swagger

Reaction score

Packers (Robbed....Dez)
Etc etc etc

"Choked" vs the Giants :facepalm:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Fran Tarkenton,Dan Fouts and Dan Marino had no rings too..its takes a team to win it all.Also once our OL was fixed it was too late the man was broken.
I would take a healthy young Romo over many quarterbacks.

pete026

Reaction score
Actually if you take out the team stat of wins and losses, Romo's career stacks up quite well against his peers. It is only the lack of playoff success that brings him down, and again, that is dependent on team play.
So let me get this straight:
The playoff record is dependent on team play but a QBs stats are not.

Hmmm????

starfan1

Reaction score
So let me get this straight:
The playoff record is dependent on team play but a QBs stats are not.

Hmmm????
well its a team stat when it comes to previous QB not so much current one lol.

Qcard

Reaction score
So reality and facts are blah, blah, blah.

Genius.
Romo reality and facts placed in context against his peers after career completion....yep blah blah blah...they are nice facts to win low hanging fruit victories, but when it comes to big game football....blah blah blah...Romo was blah

Qcard

Reaction score
"Choked" vs the Giants :facepalm:
I know some Cowboy's Fans want to rewrite Romo history.....

Play prior to RW McQuarters pick was a false start. The Giants Secondary BW Webb and RW McQuarters noticed a crossing route forming.

Next play RW McQuarters tells BW Webb during false start penalty mark off(Giants Superbowl run video) he will stay inside of WR (Terry Glenn).

Tony forced a dumb pass into triple coverage to Terry Glenn....

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Yes Crayton slowed down on the play before. Yes, the receivers were covered. My point still stands. Romo was not under pressure. While it was a desperation 4th down play, it didn't have to be a desperation throw. He still had time in the pocket, he still could have scrambled and given receivers time to get open. He could have thrown up a jump ball to where the receiver had at least a small change of coming down with it. It was just a bad throw which gave us no shot at converting.