Romo to T.O. was a thing of beauty

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Youre missing the point, which isnt suprising given your agenda.

Browns QB missed him when he was wide open and they were forced to punt. He goes and throws a big tantrum and tosses coolers, while they were winning.

Dez on the other hand, gets frustrated because hes running his routes and is open and the QB isnt making the throws either because:

1. Hes afraid
2. He cant
3. He doesnt see him open

(3 of Daks biggest flaws and the reason ive gave up hope i him)

How frustrating is that? Have you ever played sports? Thats like the basketball player who is open every single time down the court, not getting the pass while the person handling the ball keeps throwin up bricks.
Can't take you serious after this silly post, lol. Quitter.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Corny post.
So we're missing Elliott for 6 games, Smith for a few and replaced by a screen door. QBs shouldn't being sacked 8 times in one game. The WR's underachieved, Dak was up and down and everything from his rookie season is ignored and he's the blame. God I hope the offense is healthy and not suspended next season.

Eight games with under 200 yards passing, 4 of those was with Zeke in the backfield. I'm not giving up on Dak, he's a young qb but in a vacuum he had a bad year and was not a competent passer. Soooo.....Dak get's the excuse that we had a screen door at lt but that doesn't affect Dez? Riiight.

sean10mm

Reaction score
No Cowboys receiver but Dez has had a garbage catch% 3 years running. Everyone can catch Dak's passes at an acceptable rate except Dez, yet somehow Dez has no responsibility for CATCHING THE BALL.

Catch rates of 43%, 52%, 52% over 3 years risk getting you cut FROM ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Meanwhile Terrance Williams over 3 years caught 56%, 72% and 67% of the passes thrown to him. Those last two years are quite a bit better than league average, yet somehow he has a QB so bad everything he throws is uncatchable trash?

LOL OK buddy.

canters

Reaction score
Wow, all the Texas Stadium plays,,,,and a WR actually getting open,,,,and running after the catch.....just wow!

sean10mm

Reaction score
Avoiding Dez's uniquely bad catch rate among Cowboys receviers like Dez's hands have avoided the football the last 3 years lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Eight games with under 200 yards passing, 4 of those was with Zeke in the backfield. I'm not giving up on Dak, he's a young qb but in a vacuum he had a bad year and was not a competent passer. Soooo.....Dak get's the excuse that we had a screen door at lt but that doesn't affect Dez? Riiight.
I agree. He had a bad season over all. He had a few games he performed well in, but when there was pressure his footwork was horrible, hence his mechanics issues. My issue with Dez is his head, not his athletic ability. I just will not blame last season on Dak specifically and ignore the big offensive picture like some fans.

Aven8

Reaction score
2007 Cowboys: 2nd in scoring offense, 13th in scoring defense
2008 Cowboys: 18th in scoring offense, 19th in scoring defense

Someday the Cowboys, and apparently some of our fans, will realize that a "good enough" defense doesn't win championships. The worst Patriots defense to win one of their 5 championships was 8th in scoring defense.

Middle of the pack isn't good enough. Expecting your offense to just outscore everyone, especially in the playoffs, doesn't work. The 2016 Cowboys proved that, yet again.

Meh, we beat the Gents twice in 2007 and they were 10-6 and their defense was worse statically than ours that season. They just got hot.

We wouldn't have beaten NE anyway. They had already crushed us at home earlier that year.

But I agree about defense.....I'm the one that has been spewing about the lowest paid defense in football all season! Pathetic. That's why when people want to complain about Marinelli I just smh. If anything he's a miracle worker.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Meh, we beat the Gents twice in 2007 and they were 10-6 and their defense was worse statically than ours that season. They just got hot.

We wouldn't have beaten NE anyway. They had already crushed us at home earlier that year.

But I agree about defense.....I'm the one that has been spewing about the lowest paid defense in football all season! Pathetic. That's why when people want to complain about Marinelli I just smh. If anything he's a miracle worker.
The defense has consistently underperformed in the post season when opportunities were there. That's the difference.

Aven8

Reaction score
The defense has consistently underperformed in the post season when opportunities were there. That's the difference.

The offense hasn't been a juggernaut as well. In 2007 we were 2nd in scoring and scored a whopping 17 against the Gents.

Reactions: G2

DFWJC

Reaction score
The offense hasn't been a juggernaut as well. In 2007 we were 2nd in scoring and scored a whopping 17 against the Gents.
Which was more than Pats could score on them.

But yes, two TD passes that werent in that game....a drop and a broken route.
31 would've been nice

Ughh, still hurts a decade later

birdwells1

Reaction score
I agree. He had a bad season over all. He had a few games he performed well in, but when there was pressure his footwork was horrible, hence his mechanics issues. My issue with Dez is his head, not his athletic ability. I just will not blame last season on Dak specifically and ignore the big offensive picture like some fans.

This is some stats from one of the best posters on this board, Percy Howard:

CLEAN POCKET ONLY
< 40% pressure games vs. (≥ 40% pressure games)
Smith 119.6 (94.5)
Prescott 119.0 (74.0)
Goff 114.9 (90.2)
Keenum 114.2 (102.3)
Brees 114.1 (--)
Wilson 109.4 (107.8)
Wentz 109.2 (113.5)
Stafford 107.3 (106.1)
Cousins 106.3 (113.4)
Rthlsbrgr 103.4 (104.6)
Brady 102.7 (117.7)
Ryan 100.3 (117.5)
Rivers 99.7 (106.1)
Carr 99.5 (117.5)
Winston 95.4 (120.4)

Here's what goes into Dak's 119 rating.
106 of 152 (69.7%) 1206 yd (7.9 ypa) 13 td 1 int 119.0

That's exceptional QB play, and it's all from this season. The problem is the number in parentheses, which is his passer rating from a clean pocket in games when he gets pressured on at least 40% of his dropbacks. That 74 rating puts Dak on an island in an ocean of his own.

What Percy was saying is that after Dak was hit a few times, it affected him even when he had a clean pocket and that has to change. If he only improved in this category next year then we are in the playoffs but you can't have to reputation of getting rattled easily in this league or you won't last long.

He did have a great rookie year but everything went right for him and that won't be the case in most years, in 2017 he had some adversity and didn't respond well but mostly the coaching staff did him no favors. What Pederson did with the injuries in Philly is and indictment of JG and his staff imo.

birdwells1

Reaction score
No Cowboys receiver but Dez has had a garbage catch% 3 years running. Everyone can catch Dak's passes at an acceptable rate except Dez, yet somehow Dez has no responsibility for CATCHING THE BALL.

Catch rates of 43%, 52%, 52% over 3 years risk getting you cut FROM ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Meanwhile Terrance Williams over 3 years caught 56%, 72% and 67% of the passes thrown to him. Those last two years are quite a bit better than league average, yet somehow he has a QB so bad everything he throws is uncatchable trash?

LOL OK buddy.

Name Targets Receptions Drops Catchable Drop Rate
Dez Bryant 89 50 2 52 3.85

Remember Dez is running routes with a safety over top, Williams faces single coverage 100% of the times.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
He wasn't the only who lost it after Jerry traded for RW11. I'm still waiting for an explanation of that trade. It prolly should've happened earlier(thebjoey galloway trade was just as bad) but when Jerry pulled the trigger on Roy Williams tear I officially lost all faith in Jerry as a gm.

Roy never put up a good season. He was putting up Patrick crayton numbers. Terence Williams rookie year was better than any year Roy Williams gave us.

I think this is one of the main reasons why Stephen has done a complete 180 in regards to FA and trades. He watched his Dad make mistake after mistake and I feel like we are paying for that now. I don't blame Stephen in certain aspects but to just completely shut it down when we have seen teams, not just cellar dwellers improve their roster buy using the draft, and signing or trading for a few players here are there to strengthen the roster. That's why I feel like when a good starter goes down this team falls off a cliff due to not having any depth.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
News flash: your new super hero hasn't won anything either and there is no reason to believe that he will do so other than your hope based on nothing intellectually related to football analysis.
News flash. Your hero never won anything and is now happily retired. Turn the page. Embrace today.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
And yet, here you are saying you wish TO played with Dak..

Ironic isn’t it, making all sorts of excuses for Dak’s pathetic play other than himself, including him not having TO...
Actually sir.... I'm supporting my QB. Today's QB. The guy that will lead us forward. I'm not living and dwelling in the past while crying in my Romoade. :thumbup::flagwave::popcorn: