Romo Vs Ben ***NFL Pre-Game Thread***

Ren

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2465582 said:
Glazer just said Henry is gonna play safety!!! Championship!!!:starspin

only on passing downs i hope Henry has had enough problems bringing down WRs this year i really don't want to see him against HBs

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2465601 said:
Anyone hear Jimmy say he wouldn't even use a RB most of the time? He said go 3-WR, 2-TE and throw every down just like Brady did last year when he carved them up. Said he'd keep Witten in quite a bit because he knows all the protections.

Good stuff.

Teams who play the steelers should abandon the run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fact is no one knows what will get you in. If the Bucc's, Panthers or Falcon's lose 2 or 3 games here which is possible then 2-2 will definately get you in. If the Saints beat the Falcons today than that would definately get you in at 10-6. No one knows who will win what. People are just assuming that teams will win 3 out of 4 games. Why? I don't know but fact is you just don't know. They could win out. They could lose out. You don't know so I wish people would quit saying what will get us in and what won't. Let's just win games and whatever happens just happens.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2465559 said:
we do have by far the toughest remaining schedule. they are being realistic. the rams killed us.

Brad Johnson killed us...and the reason Brad Johnson is on the team is Phillips, Garrett...and Jerry, who sticks his nose into everything but somehow "trusted" his staff on this one.

It's like there not being enough life boat on the Titanic.

How on earth did they miss this?

The pre season was enough to make it clear that he had NOTHING left.

You're bad when Bollinger is an upgrade.

If this season doesn't have a post season, this is the cause of it. What a shame.

noletime95

Reaction score
theogt;2465599 said:
Actually, there's a decent chance 2-2 can get it done.

Maybe if the 2 wins are the Gints and Iggles. Think about it though. ATL has a semi-weak schedule. So does Wash. after today. Car/Tampa probably are not finishing 2-3. As of today, Dallas has no tie-breaks vs anyone except Tampa and possibly Carolina. I say there is about a 30% chance Dallas gets in at 10-6.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2465601 said:
Anyone hear Jimmy say he wouldn't even use a RB most of the time? He said go 3-WR, 2-TE and throw every down just like Brady did last year when he carved them up. Said he'd keep Witten in quite a bit because he knows all the protections.

Good stuff.

I agree 100%.

Don't let the Steelers dictate what we do.

Do what we do best and that's to sling the rock!

noletime95

Reaction score
rocyaice;2465609 said:
Fact is no one knows what will get you in. If the Bucc's, Panthers or Falcon's lose 2 or 3 games here which is possible then 2-2 will definately get you in. If the Saints beat the Falcons today than that would definately get you in at 10-6. No one knows who will win what. People are just assuming that teams will win 3 out of 4 games. Why? I don't know but fact is you just don't know. They could win out. They could lose out. You don't know so I wish people would quit saying what will get us in and what won't. Let's just win games and whatever happens just happens.

No one knows for sure...that is true. But you can make a pretty edjucated prediction based on tie-breaks and remaining schedule.

Are you suggesting a message board shouldn't be used for speculation?

:laugh1: :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
noletime95;2465615 said:
Maybe if the 2 wins are the Gints and Iggles. Think about it though. ATL has a semi-weak schedule. So does Wash. after today. Car/Tampa probably are not finishing 2-3. As of today, Dallas has no tie-breaks vs anyone except Tampa and possibly Carolina. I say there is about a 30% chance Dallas gets in at 10-6.
There's a website that does a statistical analysis (sorry I don't have a link right now) and they claim a 40% chance we make the playoffs at 10-6.

noletime95

Reaction score
theogt;2465623 said:
There's actually a website that does a statistical analysis (sorry I don't have a link right now) and they claim a 40% chance we make the playoffs at 10-6.

Cool....so I wasn't to far off. I'd love to look at that site if you can find it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
noletime95;2465615 said:

IMO it's very possible that ATL loses three in a row (at NO, vs. Tampa and at Minny) and Carolina wins that division. And of course we'd likely have the tiebreaker over Tampa.

noletime95

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2465638 said:
IMO it's very possible that ATL loses three in a row (at NO, vs. Tampa and at Minny) and Carolina wins that division. And of course we'd likely have the tiebreaker over ATL.

Sure would help if ATL loses 3 in a row. Even if that happens, who do the Skins loose to? If its the Ravens (most likely) our losses better be vs. the Steelers and Ravens or the Skins get the tie-break. They could go 9-7, but I doubt it given their final three games.

StylisticS

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2465559 said:
we do have by far the toughest remaining schedule. they are being realistic. the rams killed us.

I'd say the Panthers remaining schedule is tougher than the Cowboys.

newlander

Reaction score
burrito is right: rams game will probably be fatal. hey, we've been bludgeoned by injuries, I hope we go balls out and just get in: I'd even take the last seed. Get Felix back.....he's the blitz killer IMO so you never know at that point.