Romo vs Campbell 1st 16 games

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THUMPER;1763931 said:
That's not what the Commanders fans say. :bow:

Yeah but you and I both know Commanders fans are stupid. :D

Despite the fact that the Browns have more talent on offense, I agree that DA is WAY better then Campbell. I told my browns fan friend as much this offseason but he wouldn't believe me. I told him "Thanks for the first round pick. And eventhough I think Quinn can be a good NFL QB, I think you already had a QB on your roster in Derek Andersen".

:D

Glad to have that first rounder though regardless of where it ends up.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THUMPER;1763934 said:
Inactive players don't suit up as you can only bring 45 players out of 53.

Still, the main point was that he wasn't getting many reps in practice as the 3rd string guy.

The Inactive 3rd QB DOES suit up.

You can only activate 45, but you are allowed a 46th if it's a 3rd QB. But there's rules to how you can use him. If he's inserted in any of the first three quarters, you cannot take him out of the game. If he's inserted in the 4th quarter, he can be taken back out. That's the only exception to the 45 man active roster.

Edit: And about the reps, Romo likely got more reps then the starter. But he did it running the opposing team's plays, not our own offense's plays. `

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Rack;1763939 said:
The Inactive 3rd QB DOES suit up.

You can only activate 45, but you are allowed a 46th if it's a 3rd QB. But there's rules to how you can use him. If he's inserted in any of the first three quarters, you cannot take him out of the game. If he's inserted in the 4th quarter, he can be taken back out. That's the only exception to the 45 man active roster.

Good info to know. I guess it pays to read the fine print. :D Thanks.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
YoMick;1763451 said:
Those stats show them to be close... AND THEY ARE NOT. Very misleading.

If you want to do a comparison... compare Campbell and Quincy.

I agree, there isn't that much statistical difference. Too bad there is no stat for MOXIE!

yennor24

Reaction score
I know one thing...JC looks a hell of a lot better than Alex Smith and he went #1

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1763844 said:
Romo sat four years without throwing one pass. Regardless of their respective "pedigree" or draft status, the playing field evens out, because it's what you do once you get in the league.

I wonder if Romo would've been so spectacular if he'd come in after 1.5 years. So that's why I think maybe Campbell should've sat a little longer than the time he did. Some guys need more grooming to get that "it" that they need to succeed in the league.

I think Romo sat for 3 and 6 games

and didn't Payton want to start Romo his 2nd year? Gibbs didn't even want Campbell to start last year, and Saunder's was questioning Campbell's intelligence last year's TC