Romo walking away from CBS will probably be a paid a good portion of the $72M remaining

Absolutely absurd. Sure they can turn the channel, if they want to watch another game. But if Romo is doing a Ravens vs bengals game, and you ate a fan of either team, you ate watching the game if Kermit and big bird are the broadcast team. You sounds like a politician talking total nonsense.
Sure but you’re dismissing the bigger issue. And why CBS was eager to pull out of contract.

Yes , those fans tuned in regardless but they were losing the bigger landscape. Why else would they be eager to pay off remainder of his contract?
 
Would think they would of given him the #2/#3 role or on their pre or during game show, if they still had to pay out a good amount.
I wasn't happy to know he was driving drunk, but seems a bit extreme to let him go. Must be more to it.
Of course there’s more to the story. The incident provided them an out. And one they didn’t mind ponying up remainder of contract for.
 
Good for Tony. $72 million will buy a lot of beer, Sketchers, and rounds of golf. Looks like he made out like a bandit.
 
Sure but you’re dismissing the bigger issue. And why CBS was eager to pull out of contract.

Yes , those fans tuned in regardless but they were losing the bigger landscape. Why else would they be eager to pay off remainder of his contract?
who said they paid of "The remainder," of the contract? In this kind of situation, they agree to an amount and move on. Neither side wants to deal with litigation. NO WAY did they give him the full amount remaining on his deal. Im not downplaying a DUI, but my guess is we all know someone that has had one. I dont think someone's life should come to an end because they made a bad choice..... which is what drunk people do.
 
who said they paid of "The remainder," of the contract? In this kind of situation, they agree to an amount and move on. Neither side wants to deal with litigation. NO WAY did they give him the full amount remaining on his deal. Im not downplaying a DUI, but my guess is we all know someone that has had one. I dont think someone's life should come to an end because they made a bad choice..... which is what drunk people do.
Right. They didn’t give him full amount .

CBS Sports has reached a financial settlement with Tony Romo, agreeing to pay him a portion of the remaining $72 million on his contract after mutually parting ways. This decision follows Romo's indefinite leave from the network due to his arrest for operating while intoxicated.Yahoo Sports

The situation is a little different for a celebrity than the average Joe Blow in the work force.

Furthermore , I’d suggest that CBS used this incident as a cause to end their contract with Romo for some reasons we may never know but some are insinuating at least partially as a result of declining interest and viewership on his broadcast along with criticism of his style .

And I’d add I seriously doubt Romo’s life has come to an end , just his position on CBS.
 
Last edited:
Sure but you’re dismissing the bigger issue. And why CBS was eager to pull out of contract.

Yes , those fans tuned in regardless but they were losing the bigger landscape. Why else would they be eager to pay off remainder of his contract?
losing the bigger landscape? what a joke
 
Right. They didn’t give him full amount .

CBS Sports has reached a financial settlement with Tony Romo, agreeing to pay him a portion of the remaining $72 million on his contract after mutually parting ways. This decision follows Romo's indefinite leave from the network due to his arrest for operating while intoxicated.Yahoo Sports

The situation is a little different for a celebrity than the average Joe Blow in the work force.

Furthermore , I’d suggest that CBS used this incident as a cause to end their contract with Romo for some reasons we may never know but some are insinuating at least partially as a result of declining interest and viewership on his broadcast along with criticism of his style .

And I’d add I seriously doubt Romo’s life has come to an end , just his position on CBS.
or maybe Romo did not lick executive boots at CBS either
just as valid for what happened as what you claim
and I NEVER am stupid enough to believe what a corporation says
 
losing the bigger landscape? what a joke
I’d like to hear why fans think CBS was eager to part ways with Romo more than willing to pony up most of his remaining contract to rid themselves. Surely you don’t believe it was just about his DUI.
 
or maybe Romo did not lick executive boots at CBS either
just as valid for what happened as what you claim
and I NEVER am stupid enough to believe what a corporation says
As I stated above I believe this was about more than just the DUI.

If it wasn’t then they would have gone to court on this issue alone to limit their agreement on buyout of contract.
 
As I stated above I believe this was about more than just the DUI.
oh I agree the DUI was just an excuse
but every derogatory statement about Romo has come from CBS sports
no one else
I have not found anyone claiming he sounded unprepared or unready
only from CBS
I think they realized pretty early on that paying broadcasters this kind of money was DUMB
Even the very best like madden did not really draw people to watch.
 
oh I agree the DUI was just an excuse
but every derogatory statement about Romo has come from CBS sports
no one else
I have not found anyone claiming he sounded unprepared or unready
only from CBS
I think they realized pretty early on that paying broadcasters this kind of money was DUMB
Even the very best like madden did not really draw people to watch.
I don’t think unprepared or unready comprised some of the criticisms I’ve heard or read from fans, media, etc.

I’ll provide some In following post.
 
The calling card of Romo’s early broadcasting days—predicting exact plays based on formations—faded significantly. Critics pointed out that as he got further removed from playing, his inside knowledge of current schemes and playbooks naturally eroded.
 
Reports from sports media journalists (notably Andrew Marchand) indicated that CBS executives felt Romo stopped putting in the rigorous prep work required for top-tier broadcast analysis. Rather than breaking down film or knowing granular details about roster depths, he appeared to rely heavily on general enthusiasm and instinct.
 
Observers noted he often misidentified less prominent players or resorted to referring to them by numbers (e.g., "Great play by #57") rather than names, pointing to a lack of pre-game studying.
 
Talking Over the Action: Fans frequently complained that Romo talked too much, often chattering right up to—and during—the snap.
 
Rambling and Incoherent Phrasing: Critics highlighted his tendency to stutter, stammer, or get lost mid-sentence during high-pressure situations. His trademark reliance on phrases like "I don't know, Jim!" or making non-verbal noises (gasping, groaning) became a frequent source of online parody.
 
Forced Catchphrases: Rather than natural analysis, critics felt he started forcing nicknames and gimmicks—such as repeatedly calling Bills QB Josh Allen "The Alien" or "Mr. January"—which rang artificial to
 
Chiefs and Bills Bias: One of the strongest complaints from general NFL fans was Romo's apparent, unabashed favoritism toward elite quarterbacks, particularly Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen. During games involving the Chiefs or Bills, viewers felt he praised these QBs excessively even when they made bad plays or were losing, which distracted from neutral game commentary.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,202
Messages
14,672,380
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top