Romo walking away from CBS will probably be a paid a good portion of the $72M remaining

Tony Romo’s broadcasting career on CBS followed a dramatic trajectory. When he debuted in 2017, he was praised for his ability to predict plays before the snap and break down complex X's-and-O's in real time. However, over the following years, criticism mounted from fans, media critics, and reportedly even network executives.
 
And that was my major criticism is from a color commentary I wasn't interested in predicting upcoming play. I wanted a color guy to comment on the play after the fact.

I never really understood the interest in him trying to read defenses before the snap. And his chatter continuing on thru the next play was annoying .
 
Tony Romo’s broadcasting career on CBS followed a dramatic trajectory. When he debuted in 2017, he was praised for his ability to predict plays before the snap and break down complex X's-and-O's in real time. However, over the following years, criticism mounted from fans, media critics, and reportedly even network executives.
give details of media attacks
 
And that was my major criticism is from a color commentary I wasn't interested in predicting upcoming play. I wanted a color guy to comment on the play after the fact.

I never really understood the interest in him trying to read defenses before the snap. And his chatter continuing on thru the next play was annoying .
You were in the minority of what I have heard over the years; and supposedly CBS told him to stop doing that; causing friction.
 
Chiefs and Bills Bias: One of the strongest complaints from general NFL fans was Romo's apparent, unabashed favoritism toward elite quarterbacks, particularly Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen. During games involving the Chiefs or Bills, viewers felt he praised these QBs excessively even when they made bad plays or were losing, which distracted from neutral game commentary.
critics are everywhere and mean nothing
 
Rambling and Incoherent Phrasing: Critics highlighted his tendency to stutter, stammer, or get lost mid-sentence during high-pressure situations. His trademark reliance on phrases like "I don't know, Jim!" or making non-verbal noises (gasping, groaning) became a frequent source of online parody.
so what?
I remember a fair number of people complaining about Madden.
 
Initially I think there was more support but it waned over the years as reported .
reported by who? I have never heard any of the talking heads anywhere say anything about Romo looking unprepared. His manner as a Broadcaster stayed the same beginning to end
Outside of those that find a way to critic anything and anyone, I never saw or heard anything that seemed to indicate Tony was lazy or unprepared. Never.
 
reported by who? I have never heard any of the talking heads anywhere say anything about Romo looking unprepared. His manner as a Broadcaster stayed the same beginning to end
Outside of those that find a way to critic anything and anyone, I never saw or heard anything that seemed to indicate Tony was lazy or unprepared. Never.
I don’t really watch or listen to talking heads. I just listen to those close to me who are mostly Cowboys fans . And read a lot from beat writers .

And I think his manner initially was different but eventually waned on many.

Regardless what we think the bottomline IMO is CBS wanted out and this DUI incident simply provided them the opportunity.
 
Last edited:
I don’t really watch or listen to talking heads. I just listen to those close to me who are mostly Cowboys fans . And read a lot from beat writers .

And I think his manner initially was different but eventually waned on many.

Regardless what we think the bottomline IMO is CBS had enough to pay him off to leave and this DUI incident simply provided them the opportunity to get out of contract.
I always felt if he had played more years under Parcells, he would have had a better career. The Tuna kept him in line pretty tight.
 
I always felt if he had played more years under Parcells, he would have had a better career. The Tuna kept him in line pretty tight.
Same. He started his development under Parcells and then got stuck with freaking Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett. I would have loved to see his trajectory under better coaching, because I personally think he was a talented QB.
 
I think that the CBS Suits offered Romo an Exit deal that he couldn't refuse.
Romo's unforgivable sin was not the crime but the lying about it. A very very very bad look. What other drinking NFL broadcasters were ever in the same kind situation as Romo??
 
New Offensive Coordinator? Heck he probably be a good defensive coordinator,
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,205
Messages
14,672,588
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top