Romo wants 10 million per year from CBS

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh I did for sure, it was one comment that I made that was a little over the top and said in response to a few others “hoping” certain players on other teams got injured. I’m not cool with that at all. Anyways, I apologized for my one specific comment and to a few of the people I really had it out with. It’s all water under the bridge and I’m actually “friends” with most of them.

As far as Elliott goes, I’m glad he’s been staying out of trouble but I still don’t like him, that’s no secret. It has nothing to do with the DV case because once all the “facts” came out, I admitted he got railed. Another reason I caught flak was because I wouldn’t label him as innocent until we knew everything. I honestly thought the NFL had more info that would be released since it was taking so long, obviously I was wrong.

He still had his other “issues” that rubbed me the wrong way and created unwanted attention for the team. My level of disdain for him has come down but I’m not quite there yet as a fan. Of course when he’s wearing the uniform I still want him to do well but off the field...ugh. When his contract negotiations come around, don’t be surprised to see me in those threads but it has nothing to do with him personally, I just don’t think any RB is worth what he’ll probably be looking for but we’ll save that for when it actually happens :)
I remember all of this. I have zero objection to any of your arguments...
Except I do think Zeke is a special back that affects all phases of the offense with not just his running, but his passionate blocking and being able to be a safety valve when going out on a route.
And he's built to last, unlike many RB's. He built like a tank. He's definitely no that Arkansas guy we had starting prior to him with the chicken legs.

But my opinion is no better than yours, or any others on this particular player and his future on the field performance years from now. Barring catastrophic injuries, of course.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lol. The highest television sportscaster salary is 6 million. And no, its neither Al Michaels, Jim Nance nor Joe Buck. Aikman wasn't even mentioned. Click onto link, I'm not telling who it is.

Jim Rome makes a cool 30 million without cameras. Good luck Tony. But even the best don't make 10 million. You MAY get 6. And I doubt very highly you'll walk away from inking those documents.

https://sportsmaza.com/money/richest-sports-commentators-salary/

He makes $30 million a year and his net worth is only $100; and Costa's is even less at $32. :laugh:

BTW, thanks for the link. :)

And did Dan Patrick get a facelift? :huh:

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I remember all of this. I have zero objection to any of your arguments...
Except I do think Zeke is a special back that affects all phases of the offense with not just his running, but his passionate blocking and being able to be a safety valve when going out on a route.
And he's built to last, unlike many RB's. He built like a tank. He's definitely no that Arkansas guy we had starting prior to him with the chicken legs.

But my opinion is no better than yours, or any others on this particular player and his future on the field performance years from now. Barring catastrophic injuries, of course.
He definitely has value, the question is how much does he value himself? You’re right, we all have opinions and they’re just that. It’s much more “fun” to disagree with people who are open minded or at least not irrational. Thanks for at least understanding my point of view without being a jerk even though you don’t agree with everything. It seems kind of rare for some here to at least try to understand someone before making accusations (which puts me on the aggressive defensive automatically, haha).

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He definitely has value, the question is how much does he value himself? You’re right, we all have opinions and they’re just that. It’s much more “fun” to disagree with people who are open minded or at least not irrational. Thanks for at least understanding my point of view without being a jerk even though you don’t agree with everything. It seems kind of rare for some here to at least try to understand someone before making accusations (which puts me on the aggressive defensive automatically, haha).
The internet makes so many of us bullies, in ways that span the spectrum of aggressiveness.
Shallow arguments that become chest bumping? I choose to laugh at it. even though I can name myself a hypocrite at times...

Convictions though, while I could either agree, or disagree, deserves a level of respect.

Unless it's something flat-out ridiculous like Flat Earth theorists,,,

aria

Reaction score
The internet makes so many of us bullies, in ways that span the spectrum of aggressiveness.
Shallow arguments that become chest bumping? I choose to laugh at it. even though I can name myself a hypocrite at times...

Convictions though, while I could either agree, or disagree, deserves a level of respect.

Unless it's something flat-out ridiculous like Flat Earth theorists,,,
Couldn’t agree more, I’m definitely guilty of over reacting and misinterpeting some comments. Having said that, there are still quite a few jerks out there. Agreed with convictions as well and flat earth theorists, lol. Very well said.

lk8701

Reaction score
Typical greedy Romo. His greed ruined the Cowboys salary cap for several years.

rags747

Reaction score
Lol, I wouldn’t call it stress but I would be naive to say there isn’t something there, certainly not jealousy like some people claim. I would probably label it primarily as annoyance and I also can’t stand by and not say anything while some of these people create a false narrative about the guy after he’s gone.

Doubt you’ve ever noticed but I don’t recall ever once starting a thread about Romo, those are the people that should be questioned. The several threads that continuously pop up about this guy 3 years after he retired is annoying. You’re right, who cares how much he’s asking for? Why is that even a topic? So more people can verbally blow him?

Sure, I could glance over it and not say anything (which I actually do believe it or not) but sometimes it’s just too much. It’s no different than the same people who constantly bash Dak but at least he is relevant to this team in a major way. Tony is nothing but a has been, broken QB who didn’t win jack for this franchise but some people won’t let go.

It’s actually ironic, because the same people who call me out by saying “get over it” are guilty of the same thing they’re calling me out for but I don’t worship the guy nor do I care what happens to him, what his tee score was, how much money he wants, what his bowel movement was like this morning, how the Cowboys “wasted his career” or any of the other non relevant things they like to bring up every week.

It’s a Cowboys site, he WAS a Cowboy and now he’s not. I catch more crap for criticising him then people who criticize our own players undeservedly. That’s the Tony Kool Aid flowing in full effect. I can bash Dak all day long even though he got ROY, helped get us to the playoffs 2 out his first 3 years, has stats that are very similar to Romo so far...and I may get a little push back. Say something critical about All Mighty Romo and I better duck, why is one acceptable to most and the other isn’t? That makes no sense to me.
Because Romo was pretty much surrounded by crap his entire career and yes Romo was the best player on the Boys for the past decade or so. As u said it is over so move on. The dude is more than deserving of being the highest paid announcer in the history of announcers, Bravo Romo.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
he's a color commentator. that's different from play by play announcer.

aikman asked for a raise when he learned peyton was offered 10m annually. not sure why the hate for romo asking for more money and maximizing his opportunity.
same reason Demarco wanted to maximize his opportunity but still got hate by the majority of this board. What is different in this situation I wonder.

HanD

Reaction score
same reason Demarco wanted to maximize his opportunity but still got hate by the majority of this board. What is different in this situation I wonder.
Nothing. I personally don't wish ill will on those maximizing their income. As a fan I wish they wouldn't but i understand why they have to do it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Back to my original comments, it’s not just this particular instance, but combined with other actions and comments, I think it’s a reflection of who he is.

Now with regard to this specifically, when is enough enough? He’s been doing it for 2 years and he asks for not double his salary but 150%! I’m sure he’ll get it but I find it greedy for the amount of money he already has and this is supposed to be something he loves doing. Tony is all about Tony and always has been, this is another example.

It won’t happen but if CBS told him to shove it and no other network picked him up, would you be disappointed that he wasn’t in the booth anymore and if so would you blame it on the networks or him? (Pretty sure I already know the answer to this).

Really? What's the answer?

No. I wouldn't blame the networks. Although it would be a horrible business move.
Also, one that would never happen, which makes my point.

It's a business move. If I'm CBS, I would Iock him into a lucrative long term contract.
If I'm ESPN, I would lock him into a long term contract.
If I'm any network, I'm locking him up to a lucrative long term contract.

What do you think is enough? What does it matter? You have no skin in the game.
It doesn't affect your life in any way. Do you just hate capitalism? The hang-up
about another man making a lot of money is an ugly look for people.
He's earned his money up to this point and he will continue to do so.

Fact is, he's a hot commodity. The next big thing in the broadcasting game.
His games regularly have the highest viewer ratings. He just nailed his first
Super Bowl broadcast. Any network should be trampling over others to get him.

But hey, if you'd rather have him blackballed by every network just so you can
make a point on a message board, so be it.... smh... lol.

aria

Reaction score
Because Romo was pretty much surrounded by crap his entire career and yes Romo was the best player on the Boys for the past decade or so. As u said it is over so move on. The dude is more than deserving of being the highest paid announcer in the history of announcers, Bravo Romo.
Lol, yeah TO was crap and a HOF’er, Witten was was more crap AND a future HOF’er, Murray was crap AND led the league in rushing, Dez was crap and I believe led the league in TD’s one year. How many HOF’ers did Eli win either Super Bowl with on offense? Romo had his chances and he contributed to screwing those chances up. He’s not all to blame but he’s certainly not exempt from it either.

Whatever though, this topic has been beat to death. I’ll wait for the next “How the Cowboys wasted Romo’s career” thread to pop up in the next few weeks and we can go over everything all over again.

nobody

Reaction score
It doesn't affect the Cowboys in the slightest, so I don't care either way.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lol. The highest television sportscaster salary is 6 million. And no, its neither Al Michaels, Jim Nance nor Joe Buck. Aikman wasn't even mentioned. Click onto link, I'm not telling who it is.

Jim Rome makes a cool 30 million without cameras. Good luck Tony. But even the best don't make 10 million. You MAY get 6. And I doubt very highly you'll walk away from inking those documents.

https://sportsmaza.com/money/richest-sports-commentators-salary/

Not true.
John Madden made $8 million per year.
Troy Aikman makes $7.5 million per year.
Jon Gruden made $6.5 million before leaving for Oakland.

aria

Reaction score
Really? What's the answer?

No. I wouldn't blame the networks. Although it would be a horrible business move.
Also, one that would never happen, which makes my point.

It's a business move. If I'm CBS, I would Iock him into a lucrative long term contract.
If I'm ESPN, I would lock him into a long term contract.
If I'm any network, I'm locking him up to a lucrative long term contract.

What do you think is enough? What does it matter? You have no skin in the game.
It doesn't affect your life in any way. Do you just hate capitalism? The hang-up
about another man making a lot of money is an ugly look for people.
He's earned his money up to this point and he will continue to do so.

Fact is, he's a hot commodity. The next big thing in the broadcasting game.
His games regularly have the highest viewer ratings. He just nailed his first
Super Bowl broadcast. Any network should be trampling over others to get him.

But hey, if you'd rather have him blackballed by every network just so you can
make a point on a message board, so be it.... smh... lol.
First of all, what’s the answer to what?

Second of all, I said it would never happen, it was what I call a hypothetical question.

Third, I don’t care what you would do as a network nor did I ask.

I already clearly explained why I think him asking for a 150% raise after two years is a reflection of who he is, I’m not going to continue to repeat myself for the fifth or sixth time. Stop asking the same questions because the answer isn’t going to change. Lol, I like how you turn this into I’m now an anti capitalist. Hahahaha...that’s one of the better ridiculous accusations I’ve heard, IMOF, that’s gotta be top 3.

Blackballed so I can be right? Bwahahahahaha...yeah dude, did I even hint at saying he would be black balled or did I actually say I understand he is very popular and he will get what he’s asking for? Just because you’re too lazy or have a problem with reading comprehension (or both) I’ll give you the answer. I never said anything about being black balled and I’ve said multiple times, this being my last, that I do understand he is popular and he will get what he’s asking for or close to it.

I’ve also said he has tendencies that annoy me and he’s not as right with his predictions as some people make him seem, 68% to be exact. So pretty much take every bs accusation you made and you know what I would tell you to do with it.

What it boils down to is I’ve always said Romo has good insight but overall he annoys me as an announcer. That is my opinion, not yours. Oh wait....I got it, you’re all for censorship on public forums and don’t want people to freely express themselves, especially if it is anti Romo anything, right?

So, really, I get you don’t agree with me but why does my opinion of Romo bother you so much and why do you have to make false accusations against me? I never said Romo isn’t popular, there are stats that back up he is. I never said he was a bad announcer, IMOF I mentioned a few positives. All I did was give MY opinion of him as an announcer and why he bothers me. I also told you why I think him asking for a 150% raise after two years says a lot about who I think he is as a person. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

BTW, if you want accuse people of being anti capitalists because they are against people making the most money they can, then why aren’t you in one of the several Dlaw threads waving your capitalist pom poms at the majority of people who are against him asking for more money? Cap or no cap, injured or not injured...he’s trying to get the most he can, shouldn’t be a problem for you right?

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score
First of all, what’s the answer to what?

Second of all, I said it would never happen, it was what I call a hypothetical question.

Third, I don’t care what you would do as a network nor did I ask.

I already clearly explained why I think him asking for a 150% raise after two years is a reflection of who he is, I’m not going to continue to repeat myself for the fifth or sixth time. Stop asking the same questions because the answer isn’t going to change. Lol, I like how you turn this into I’m now an anti capitalist. Hahahaha...that’s one of the better ridiculous accusations I’ve heard, IMOF, that’s gotta be top 3.

Blackballed so I can be right? Bwahahahahaha...yeah dude, did I even hint at saying he would be black balled or did I actually say I understand he is very popular and he will get what he’s asking for? Just because you’re too lazy or have a problem with reading comprehension (or both) I’ll give you the answer. I never said anything about being black balled and I’ve said multiple times, this being my last, that I do understand he is popular and he will get what he’s asking for or close to it.

I’ve also said he has tendencies that annoy me and he’s not as right with his predictions as some people make him seem, 68% to be exact. So pretty much take every bs accusation you made and you know what I would tell you to do with it.

What it boils down to is I’ve always said Romo has good insight but overall he annoys me as an announcer. That is my opinion, not yours. Oh wait....I got it, you’re all for censorship on public forums and don’t want people to freely express themselves, especially if it is anti Romo anything, right?

So, really, I get you don’t agree with me but why does my opinion of Romo bother you so much and why do you have to make false accusations against me? I never said Romo isn’t popular, there are stats that back up he is. I never said he was a bad announcer, IMOF I mentioned a few positives. All I did was give MY opinion of him as an announcer and why he bothers me. I also told you why I think him asking for a 150% raise after two years says a lot about who I think he is as a person. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

BTW, if you want accuse people of being anti capitalists because they are against people making the most money they can, then why aren’t you in one of the several Dlaw threads waving your capitalist pom poms at the majority of people who are against him asking for more money? Cap or no cap, injured or not injured...he’s trying to get the most he can, shouldn’t be a problem for you right?

Lol. Do you feel better now?

I think you have me confused with someone else on the DLaw thing.
I understand both sides. Essentially, my feeling is, as someone said, he should take
the offer before they change their mind. I don't care either way because I understand
it's a business, but one has to see both sides.

Your ridiculous hypothetical question was what if all networks refuse to sign him.
By definition, that's blackballing. That's all I was saying. I didn't mean to get your
panties in a bunch. I thought you were an adult and we were having a conversation.
So I answered your question that you thought you already knew the answer to.

Where did the censorship comment come from? That's for mods to decide.
If you despise Romo so much you feel compelled to express your opinion in
a forum, expect a response. You're basically asking for one.

I totally accept that you hate that Romo asked for $10 million per year after CBS
stated in January that they would like to extend his contract because he "bothers" you.
Hell yes. I accept that... lol.

rags747

Reaction score

I understand both sides. Essentially, my feeling is, as someone said, he should take
the offer before they change their mind. I don't care either way because I understand

Your ridiculous hypothetical question was what if all networks refuse to sign him.
By definition, that's blackballing. That's all I was saying. I didn't mean to get your
panties in a bunch. I thought you were an adult and we were having a conversation.

I totally accept that you hate that Romo asked for $10 million per year after CBS
stated in January that they would like to extend his contract because he "bothers" you.
Pantera boy is just Butthurt that he can’t even get a $10k raise over the next decade.

aria

Reaction score

Wow, you continue to amaze me with your doltish remarks.

Again, did I ever say you said that about Dlaw? No. Reread my comment.

Hypothetical questions are often ridiculous which is why they are also hypothetical but apparently you still can’t answer the question because it’s ridiculous.

Typically adults don’t make false accusations against others in an adult conversation.

Censorship came from the same place your absurbd anti capitalism accusation came from, apparently that went right over head. You’re good at making assumptions and accusing other people of false ideas but not good at identifying them when it’s the other way around.

I’m perfectly willing to expect a response and every time I post something criticizing Romo I know I’ll get several responses. For some odd reason what I don’t expect, or want, are the immediate knee jerk reactions, false accusations, and mind readers telling me what I really think and mean by the comments I wrote. In this thread, I’ve had the pleasure of dealing with one rational person.

Your last comment sums up the comment above, I’ve specifically stated several times that the money doesn’t bother me personally, why would it? But you continue to say things I never said and apparently you know me better than I know myself. It’s pointless even trying to converse with someone like you, it’s akin to arguing with a child. No matter what I say, you continue to ignore my answers and tell me what I really think. It’s almost as if you haven’t read one post of mine. That usually is the key to getting in the ignore list.

BTW, I’ve answered every one of your questions and you have now dodged 3-4 of mine? Good job champ, very one sided adult conversation.