romos contract

David276

Benched
Reaction score
anyone think romo was "Screwed" on it based on the contracts that some of the other qbs have received lately.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
David276;1735539 said:
anyone think romo was "Screwed" on it based on the contracts that some of the other qbs have received lately.

In a word

HELL NO

Aikbach

Reaction score
More money than Aikman ever made as a Cowboy, I think he's more than fine.

Roughneck

Reaction score
$11 Million+ per year with $30 Million in guaranteed for an Undrafted Free Agent who has yet to start for a full NFL season doesn't exactly say "Screwed" to me.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Roughneck;1735546 said:
$11 Million+ per year with $30 Million in guaranteed for an Undrafted Free Agent who has yet to start for a full NFL season doesn't exactly say "Screwed" to me.

Link???

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Got screwed with $31 mil SB and $67 mil contract? Dayum.

You do realize that Romo has only started 17 games, right? It isn't like he is a seasoned vet.

Not only that Romo's camp agreed to this contract which means that they felt this was equitable contract.

Roughneck

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1735551 said:
What?

To the contract details?

Head over to the daily zone forum for the five page thread, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, etc. They're pretty much all reporting it now.

Crad|e

Reaction score
man this might be the best signing jj has ever made.. romo is something special and trust me guys he will be probowl bound for years and years to come. we've finally invested in a franchise qb that i've waited nearly a decade for, and that guy is tony romo. congrats romo!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I don't think he got screwed at this point. But I think that if he were to wait until after this season it would have been a bigger deal in $$$.

So in that sense I guess you could say he got screwed. But $69 mil is $69 mil.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He likely could have gotten more in FA but I think he likes being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys and he also probably wanted to help the team capwise by getting it done before the deadline.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
Crad|e;1735573 said:
man this might be the best signing jj has ever made.. romo is something special and trust me guys he will be probowl bound for years and years to come. we've finally invested in a franchise qb that i've waited nearly a decade for, and that guy is tony romo. congrats romo!

I cant believe its been nearly that long. Man how in the world did we ever get this lucky to have Romo fall in our laps. I still remember during the Henson hype when they put Romo in the preseason games taking away playing time from Henson. I would get so irritated screaming take this bastid out of here. Thank God I was wrong on that

sbark

Reaction score
Give it a couple yrs........he will double that in endorsements, dare i say he will pass up Manning..........

Cowboys sell...........winning cowboys QB's sell more.............just the way it is.......

TV rateings are the barometer.........

If JJ was smart he would have given Romo 120 million, but asked for all endorsement money back into the kitty...........

:star:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo appears to be happy with the deal I don't think he feels like he is being screwed over. Way to make it happen Jerry

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
David276;1735539 said:

here we go.

he's making ALMOST 70 MILLION FREAKIN DOLLARS.

no, he did not get screwed.

sago1

Reaction score
Romo has only played 1 year as a starter yet his stats (and winning record) rank with the elite already. He is still a work in progress and everybody needs to remember that when he makes mistakes. He's not the bus driver Parcells wanted as his QB. Instead Romo is the playmaker which sets up everything our offense does & will be doing in the future. He can play great in the vertical game but transfer his skills immediately to the West Coast type of game which Garrett began to show off in the Vikes game. If we didn't have those 2 fumbles & Romo didn't get hurt, we'd have blown the Vikes out.

BTW: Was reading one of the Giant forums and it entirely dealt with their upcoming game against the Cowboys. They discussed heavy blitzing or Romo but were concerned he'd get away and make some big plays. Discussed putting 7 players in the backfield and going with 4 upfront but were concerned he'd nickle and dime them to death. They also afraid of our OL, etc. It finally became clear they could only think of trying to force Romo to dink and dunk them down the field and hope mistakes are made. Giants hate Romo but many of them firmly believed he was a top QB and lock for starting QB in the pro bowl.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys keep using "screwed" and "69" (million) in the same breath. Shame on all of you.;)

landryscorner

Reaction score
same here Romo got what I believe he is worth, with no SB under his wings, this is a nice contract 17 starts only...