romos contract

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
David276;1735539 said:
anyone think romo was "Screwed" on it based on the contracts that some of the other qbs have received lately.

I'm sure all of us or nearly all of us on this board will never get "screwed" that good.

I don't think any pro athletes are getting "screwed". Just be glad he's signed up for years to come now. ;)

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He got more then Bulger just did, A great day in cowboy land now that Romo is here to stay.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
I'll tell you if the Cowboys got screwed, if we ever get at least a playoff win...

god we have so many "overreactors"

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
sbark;1735592 said:
Give it a couple yrs........he will double that in endorsements, dare i say he will pass up Manning..........

:star:

I was thinking the same thing. Manning's mug is all over TV. I expect to see Romo's endorsements soon. I wonder what he was doing in Hollywood, filming commercials? (besides getting his jollies)

With Frito-Lay headquartered in Dallas, his Hispanic tie-in, Romo is a natural for Frito-Lay. I can see him now wearing a big sombrero, hawking chips.

JC Penney will also be a natural for Romo. I should be his agent.:laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
FLcowboy;1735777 said:
I was thinking the same thing. Manning's mug is all over TV. I expect to see Romo's endorsements soon. I wonder what he was doing in Hollywood, filming commercials? (besides getting his jollies)

With Frito-Lay headquartered in Dallas, his Hispanic tie-in, Romo is a natural for Frito-Lay. I can see him now wearing a big sombrero, hawking chips.

JC Penney will also be a natural for Romo. I should be his agent.:laugh2:

I can see a Toyota endorsement.

You asked for it, you got it, Toyota!

fan62

Reaction score
Ok, guys I did a little figuring of Romo's new $$ and compared to stats as of now.

Contract for 6 years = $67,500,000.00
Per Year = $11,250,000.00
Per Game = $703,125.00
Per Minute on Offense = $363,281.25
Per Pass Attempt = $20,604.40

Worth every penny!

So every time TO and Witten drop a pass, it is $20.6k wasted!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
As to the original question, yes, I think he could have got more money. But I don't think he necessarily wanted to do that and I think it's a good deal for both sides.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
David276;1735539 said:
anyone think romo was "Screwed" on it based on the contracts that some of the other qbs have received lately.

I wish Romo would buy me a John Deere 4240 with a 260 front end loader on it and a 2615 Bush hog batwing shredder with that "screwed" up contract he got.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1735799 said:
I wish Romo would buy me a John Deere 4240 with a 260 front end loader on it and a 2615 Bush hog batwing shredder with that "screwed" up contract he got.

o-face.jpg

Woohitz

Reaction score
I'm just glad they sealed the deal. Romo handled the whole situation with class and patience. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I keep hearing the extension will go into effect right away so I take it that some of this contract will be included on this year’s cap?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Supposedly some of the money is being used this year. I think 4-5 million added to his base salary.
Makes sense- use it this year.
Russell got an OBSCENE contract- for someone who will do NOTHING this year and has done NOTHING in the pros. VS a player who has one pro bowl in the pocket and is pretty much a lock for another this year.