Romo's QB Sneak... Who made that call?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Was that decision made by Romo and just ran it off the cuff thinking it was not a first down or was it a call from Garrett who didn't know the down? Either way, someone didn't know the down. Just wondering who.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4859343 said:
Pure offensive incompetence from a poorly coached and organized group of players.

Yeah but someone made the call. Either it was Romo on the field or Garrett from the sidelines. Someone has to be held accountable for the blunder.

(I just cracked myself up with that one)

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Quarterback Tony Romo said he ran a sneak on first down because he thought it was third down.
He said he wasn’t told it was first down.
“It was a pretty nice spot they gave us, I think, on that one,” he said. “I wish they would have told us as we were getting up there. They were pretty late with the whole process.”
He joked: “It added to our rushing total.”

Zordon

Reaction score
sounds like it was romo. probably dez's fault somehow.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4859350 said:
Quarterback Tony Romo said he ran a sneak on first down because he thought it was third down.
“It was a pretty nice spot they gave us, I think, on that one,” he said. “I wish they would have told us as we were getting up there. They were pretty late with the whole process.”

Thanks. I would love to see the previous play again and then that play immediately after. It seems when watching it live they had signaled first down and that is why when he ran that I was thinking "WTH is he doing".

DFWJC

Reaction score
Zordon;4859351 said:
sounds like it was romo. probably dez's fault somehow.

Can't say I've ever heard Romo blame anyone else for anything.
Maybe Romo fans, but Romo himself

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4859350 said:

He said it added to our rushing total?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Romo sees the Cowboys as a black comedy the way I do.

bark

Reaction score
Been watching a long time... Never ever saw that before..this team sure keeps you entertained...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
What's sad is it was one of the more successful run plays of the day.

DFWJC

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4859354 said:

Definitely tongue-in-cheek illustrating just our sad our ground game was

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4859330 said:
Was that decision made by Romo and just ran it off the cuff thinking it was not a first down or was it a call from Garrett who didn't know the down? Either way, someone didn't know the down. Just wondering who.

It's TO's fault.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Pretty clear Romo and Garrett were upset because they couldn't get an answer from the refs on down and distance. I bet scoreboard and sideline markers conflicted.

Try as you might, that play seemed to be created by an officiating screw up

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4859393 said:
Pretty clear Romo and Garrett were upset because they couldn't get an answer from the refs on down and distance. I bet scoreboard and sideline markers conflicted.

Try as you might, that play seemed to be created by an officiating screw up

And the smart thing to do.

Illini88228

Reaction score
Not that it excuses it completely or anything, but I think fans forget sometimes that the players/coaches can't actually see the line on the field like you can watching the broadcast at home. They're at the mercy of the refs/linesmen being on the same page and being clear about the down and distance.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Illini88228;4859399 said:
Not that it excuses it completely or anything, but I think fans forget sometimes that the players/coaches can't actually see the line on the field like you can watching the broadcast at home. They're at the mercy of the refs/linesmen being on the same page and being clear about the down and distance.

Yes, but to run a play and not know the situation is silly. One of the things they have the option to do is ask for a measurement. Had they done that, the ref would have told them it was a first down. Also, I think the ref had already signaled first down.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;4859396 said:
And the smart thing to do.

I was excited to finally see a QB sneak by Dallas, until I learned it was on first down. :mad:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4859330 said:

This was an obvious screw up by the officials. Romo is not one to place blame. For him to elude to the refs not making the call and or something else out of control of the team and staff that did not give them the right info......that info being it was a first down is clear evidence to me that it was.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;4859354 said:

Yeah I thought it was funny as well. I think even Romo is so disgusted with our inept OL that he realizes all he can do is make a joke about it.

If we don't get 3 new OL this offseason (or AT LEAST 2) I'll punch Jerry in his reconstructed face.