Ron Rivera - one of NFL's worst talent evaluators

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
My fear with Rivera is we lose in the playoffs and they make him the HC. He just a huskier version of Jason Garrett

Give me someone young and hungry like Harris. Knows the guys. The guys love him. Got the most out of our corners. Energetic. Etc

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Rivera is a good DC.

He's just a bad head coach. We've seen ir a million times b4 with other good Coordinator/bad head coach type guys.

The guy should focus on what he does best, running a defense as a DC, and let more qualified people pick players and run the team as a HC...and deal with all that streas.

There's worse things in the world than just settling in as a life long Defensive Coordinator in the NFL.
The Dallas Cowboys, with the unique owner is the GM dynamic, is not a desirable destination for an NFL coach in the contemporary NFL.

Mannix

Reaction score
If that loser joins this organization we aren't just done...we are "done" done!!! Ask Jack Del Rio what he thinks of this king of all turds.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The guys here on DC radio are saying Quinn got a 5th round LB (Clark) playing like a pro bowler, and got good production from an UEFA in Markquese Bell. They are saying Quinn is a leader of men.

Which is making me wonder... why didn't Jerry fire McCarthy in higher Quinn then? What am I missing? Are most Cowboys fans too harshly critical of Quinn CONSIDERING what he did to turn around this defense since 2021! When You consider we have a subpar defensive line and lack LBs?

Who's right? I don't want to hear it from any of you guys if our defense starts to suck post-Quinn.
:lmao: Do you realize where you’re at? :lmao2:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ron Rivera one of the NFL’s worst talent evaluators.

Biggest problem in Washington was RV’s demand to pick the groceries.

Say what you want about Quinn but he had an eye for talent.

Rivera a big problem behind the scenes.

A huge NO from me.
He wouldn’t be hired to be GM. He wouldn’t even have to really evaluate talent. He’d just ve brought in to scheme and coach.

I’m not big on Rivera but if we’re gonna exclude him we should at least use the right reasoning.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Quinn has an eye for talent?? Lmao.

Mazi
Kelvin
Nashon
Chauncey
Cox
Clark
Sam
Scott
Fehoko

Dude is a hack.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The guys here on DC radio are saying Quinn got a 5th round LB (Clark) playing like a pro bowler, and got good production from an UEFA in Markquese Bell. They are saying Quinn is a leader of men.

Which is making me wonder... why didn't Jerry fire McCarthy in higher Quinn then? What am I missing? Are most Cowboys fans too harshly critical of Quinn CONSIDERING what he did to turn around this defense since 2021! When You consider we have a subpar defensive line and lack LBs?

Who's right? I don't want to hear it from any of you guys if our defense starts to suck post-Quinn.
One could argue that it started to suck mid-Quinn.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys, with the unique owner is the GM dynamic, is not a desirable destination for an NFL coach in the contemporary NFL.
Oh....I'm not debating that one bit.

If I'm Rivera....I'd rather go to a stable organization with good structure....

I'm not sure which DC openings are left...

Seattle, giants, San Fran (if they lose their DC again) , KC if they lose theirs, the Ravens if they lose theirs....I'd rather go to a team that has well-respected owners that are stable.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"Here we go" Looks like he will fit in fine. Get em, Ronnie,

ron-rivera.jpg

MikeT22

Reaction score
He wouldn’t be hired to be GM. He wouldn’t even have to really evaluate talent. He’d just ve brought in to scheme and coach.

I’m not big on Rivera but if we’re gonna exclude him we should at least use the right reasoning.
Wrong. Marinelli and DQ both were often able to draft their guys on D. Marinelli and Trysten Hill a prime example.

DQ with his tall, lengthy DBs like Nashon and Mukuamara, plus Damone and Mazi

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
hopefully, we get Ronnie, Big Mike could fatten Ronnie back up like before. Fat coaches are better and win more.
fat-Ronnie.jpg

Last edited:

XXLMike

Reaction score

Wrong