Ron wolf's comments

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I was watching on demand, jerry jones special edition, and Ron Wolf was interviewed, and here are few things he said.

. Third reciever most impressive has been Patrick Crayton.

. Not sure of Right tackle.

. Much improved LB and DL from past two seasons he has been to Cowboys Camp.

.Can never understand how a player like Julius Jones slips to 2nd round.

Those are the comments that I thought were interesting to me.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I was watching on demand, jerry jones special edition, and Ron Wolf was interviewed, and here are few things he said.

Good to hear about Crayton. There is just soemthing about the kid that make you want to pull for him.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Good to hear about Crayton. There is just soemthing about the kid that make you want to pull for him.
Absolutely, and one of those 'somethings' was his willingness to whole heartedly convert to pro receiver after playing jack-of-all-trades but primarily college QB.

A lot of kids have to make that transition, but Crayton seems to have put 100 percent effort behind it, and no sulking, pouting, or whining.

He's just immensely likable.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
JackMagist said:

Yep, but really good to hear about Julius.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Crayton will eventually be one of our 3 primary WR, just a matter of time and avoiding injury.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:

Very interesting comments.

Crayton stepping up his game this season would be another step in the right direction towards a successful season.

Really looking forward to seeing the D in action...

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I noticed he was also very dismayed about the FS position and was actually surprised by his candid pessimism about the current candidates. Maybe someone can reiterate what I thought I heard but that was the impression I got.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch said:
Yep, but really good to hear about Julius.
Agreed. Last season, I was in Cowboy heaven.

Beyond all expectations, I, along with every other Dallas fan, realized that we had our choice of the top rated running backs in the draft.

Steven Jackson.

Kevin Jones.

Even to a lesser degree, Chris Perry or Tatum Bell. Yet, unexpectedly, we traded out of the first round. After the delayed running back feast began, we were sitting at the 43rd overall pick waiting for... leftovers.

What I didn't know was that the great running back evaluator, a.k.a. Bill Parcells, already knew how good Julius Jones was. He knew what other coaches didn't:

Jones is a first course meal that the Cowboy faithful will be feasting over for the next decade.

Bon appétit ! :)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Maxmadden said:
I noticed he was also very dismayed about the FS position and was actually surprised by his candid pessimism about the current candidates. Maybe someone can reiterate what I thought I heard but that was the impression I got.

You are correct. He was most pessimistic about FS. I Guess that might be our achilies heal again this year.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:

Good to hear about Crayton. He seems to be a stand up guy from what I saw last TC, and from what Dale says. Add to that his small school upbrining, his attitude and how he handles himself, saying that Bill can have high expectations but they arent higher then the ones he holds himself to. He just seems to get/have "it."

As Bill Said
May have the best hands on the team. I didn’t think last year that the game was too big for him when he had the opportunity to play. That’s what you worry about with someone of his small school background. He’s another one with Copper who had a good offseason. He wasn’t a player we were counting on to do much of anything last year, but he improved as he went. I think with the competition for the 3rd WR spot, he’s heavily involved in that.

Which as others have pointed out that is some lofty praise with the hands Glenn and Witten have.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan said:
You are correct. He was most pessimistic about FS. I Guess that might be our achilies heal again this year.
Surrounded by much much better talent, the FS isn't as large of a concern as last year by far.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Surrounded by much much better talent, the FS isn't as large of a concern as last year by far.

I agree. And personally, I think Lynn Scott, the favorite Whipping boy of this board, is adequate, with rest of the talent on CBs and SS.

You can't get all pros in all positions.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
A lot of kids have to make that transition, but Crayton seems to have put 100 percent effort behind it, and no sulking, pouting, or whining.
Crayton reminds me of Hines Ward (current contract whining aside). Parcells is attracted to that sort of player - a threat at wide receiver, to run the ball, to option pass and punt/kick returns. I've been on this kid's bandwagon since I saw the college highlight reel that a poster put together.

dallasfan31

Reaction score
Crayton Reminds Me Alot Like Hines Ward The Kid Got Talent Gonna Be A Good Player For Us I Thinkwe got a StealWhen We Got Him Rem Last Year He Made Noise But This Year He Is Much Better he was a late round pick.

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Crayton reminds me of Hines Ward (current contract whining aside). Parcells is attracted to that sort of player - a threat at wide receiver, to run the ball, to option pass and punt/kick returns. I've been on this kid's bandwagon since I saw the college highlight reel that a poster put together.

Could be

Perhaps a former QB who played @ Tulsa..

calico

Reaction score
Crayton will forever have a fan in me after that last Commanders game...pure excellence.

He ripped out their hearts and ate it in front of them.

StateCollegeCowboy

aka BostonCowboy
Reaction score
dallasfan31 said:
Crayton Reminds Me Alot Like Hines Ward The Kid Got Talent Gonna Be A Good Player For Us I Thinkwe got a StealWhen We Got Him Rem Last Year He Made Noise But This Year He Is Much Better he was a late round pick.

I'm blind!

StateCollegeCowboy

aka BostonCowboy
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:

Hines Ward deserves a new contract. The guy has given that team his all on a very small contract compared to most of the other receivers out there.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Wolf gave Henson his personal seal of approval last year.