Ronnie Brown or Cadilac Williams

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I know with the emergence of J. Jones we most likely will stray away from drafting a RB in the first. But I would like to put my two cents in. I personally wouldnt approve of taking any RB in the first with our need of CB, DT, DE, and FS. With that being said I have seen Auburn play in atleast 5 or 6 times and I am impressed with both RBs. But I believe the Caddy is a better back. Everybody keeps saying Brown is a better reciever, maybe so but not by much. Brown is in on more third down plays IE passing plays, and he only has 11 more receptions than Carnell. As far as running, Carnell runs as hard as anyone Ive seen except the late GREAT Walter Peyton and with such vigor than anyone Ive ever seen. This guy plays with passion and is a leader. If I were looking for a back in 2005 my vote would be for THE CADILLAC. Although I must say I havent seen much of Benson.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I agree. He'd be the #1 RB on my list.

IMO, he's the best RB in the country.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Rack said:
I agree. He'd be the #1 RB on my list.

IMO, he's the best RB in the country.

I'll agree if you add the tag Draft Elligible. Best RB in the NCAA right now is Peterson at OU, and I don't think its even close.

Bobo

Reaction score
If JJ turns out to be a dependable, good starter, then I'd say Brown would compliment him better.

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I would say that Peterson does look like a man playing among boys. I really havent seen much of him to tell you the truth, only highlights.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
I'll agree if you add the tag Draft Elligible. Best RB in the NCAA right now is Peterson at OU, and I don't think its even close.

That's a f'in joke. No way in hell is Peterson the best RB in the country.

Once he learns to take more runs up inside instead of popping them outside, then get back to me. Right now he's just the best freshman RB in the country, not the best overall.

wick

Reaction score
Hands down the best runner in the NCAA this year has been Cedric Benson. He has to carry the entire Texas offense, which has no semblance of a passing game. Peterson benefits tremendously from playing in an offense that features a Heisman trophy quarterback and a first round receiver. Every team Oklahoma has faced this year has geared to stop the pass, leaving Peterson enormous space in which to run. Benson faces eight or nine man fronts on every down. Cadillac doesn't have to carry nearly as great a load because of Brown. No, there's just no comparison between Benson and the rest of the field.