Twitter: Roof open, Doors open at ATT Stadium

Zordon

Reaction score
monday night crowds are always good. the only one I ever remember being lousy was week 3 in 2009 vs carolina. the hangover from the loss on snf to the giants the previous week made the crowd almost uninterested. They played lousy and won.

anyway, monday and sunday night crowds are always good here. Its the noon kickoffs that are really bad in this market.
For the first time in a long time, we have a defense that can take the ball away. We also potentially have a young transcendent defender in Micah. I'm guessing the crowd will feed off this and get a little more amped up on defense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Text received my Jerry's phone tonight....

-

God: Please close the roof. 9:45 PM

MikeB80

Reaction score
For the first time in a long time, we have a defense that can take the ball away. We also potentially have a young transcendent defender in Micah. I'm guessing the crowd will feed off this and get a little more amped up on defense.

I expect the crowd to be fantastic tonight. If I were a fan still and going to the game I would be so pumped right now to get to the parking lots and take in the atmosphere.

The only thing that will stop Dallas tonight or the crowd will be the eagles having long sustained drives powered by the running game or maybe a trick play in special teams. Other than that I cant imagine Dallas not scoring over 30+ points tonight and the crowd here feeds off the offense not the defense.

to anyone who is going, enjoy it. its great in there with the roof and doors open.

MikeB80

Reaction score
No. They have to announce if they're going to have it open by a certain time, but they don't have to have it open.

yea If I remember correctly they have up to 90 minutes before kickoff to make a decision. It was always fun sitting in my seat and watching the roof open. There are always guys up there walking around during pregame when its open too. Its nerve wracking watching them.

They take the "elevator" that is inside the videoboard up inside their sometimes too which is nerve wracking to watch.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I just hope the Philly players aren't drinking pickle juice today, otherwise I think we can sneak a black cat on the field and mess up their mojo.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
giphy.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've been there 5-6 times.

Place was sealed up every time.

Probably much better open.

Does anyone know if there's actual criteria or if it's what Jerry feels like doing?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
monday night crowds are always good. the only one I ever remember being lousy was week 3 in 2009 vs carolina. the hangover from the loss on snf to the giants the previous week made the crowd almost uninterested. They played lousy and won.

anyway, monday and sunday night crowds are always good here. Its the noon kickoffs that are really bad in this market.

One of my greatest sports memories was being at the 1992 opener on MNF between the Cowboys and Washington. They had just won the Super Bowl and we were building a dynasty. Hank Williams sang Rowdy Friends and Texas Stadium was rocking! I miss those days.

Oh…we kicked their ***!

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's going to be about 84-85 degrees at the start but will be in upper 70s to end a little muggy too.
not muggy at all it 35% RH right now doubt the weather has any impact at all on this game virtually no wind, no rain no humidity..its why they are opening it beautiful night for football.

maybe to have feel for open air a bit so fans feel bit more umm safe from the cspread..aerated.:rolleyes: