Rookie O-lineman

Kwmike22

Reaction score
In my opinion Richard’s is already better than Edoga. I also think that Bass could be a better center then Tyler. If Tyron can’t go next year and we let Tyler walk we could have an Asim(Awesome) left tackle and and Bass-***(yes I think that should be his nickname) Center.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All off season people were questioning the backup OL's. They have performed well and look like eventual starters.

A couple more on IR and I'm sure the Cowboys draft another next April.

No one should be worried about Tyron's retirement in a few months.

plymkr

Reaction score
Let’s not be too quick to move on from Tyler. But moving on from BDZ and Tyron and replacing them with Ashim and Bass would be a smart move and save serious money on the cap.

plasticman

Reaction score
Individual ability is not the main issue with an offensive line. Teamwork, i.e., their ability to form a cohesive and productive unit is the goal. Physical talent doesn't necessarily translate to a more talented O-line. Offensive linemen must be intelligent. As a unit, offensive linemen are probably the smartest players out there.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well if pff scores are an indicator then there’s still plenty of work to be done

Lines take time to gel most get that. What we’ve seen thus far shouldn’t make one feel warm and fuzzy

They did get better on Sunday as the day wore on and the rams defense wore down

I have limited confidence at this point. Perhaps the future looks bright we’ll see but the present concerns me. We’ll see how they fare this Sunday

Our 2 tackle spots should concern everyone. Steele is right now showing he needs another year to get back to what he was

Tyron is also a concern because of availability

I’d be getting bass and asim reps because my guess is they will be needed sooner rather than later

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In my opinion Richard’s is already better than Edoga. I also think that Bass could be a better center then Tyler. If Tyron can’t go next year and we let Tyler walk we could have an Asim(Awesome) left tackle and and Bass-***(yes I think that should be his nickname) Center.
well, let him play a few games before we annoint him anything.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Let's just slap yellow jackets on them and place them in the ROH. Or perhaps we should at least wait until after the next game.

Jipper

Reaction score
why the heck would we let Tyler walk? Tyron will retire yes, Biadsz will be resigned and we will have to draft a couple of OL, one in the top 3 rounds at least.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
why the heck would we let Tyler walk? Tyron will retire yes, Biadsz will be resigned and we will have to draft a couple of OL, one in the top 3 rounds at least.
They let Williams and McGovern both walk...Biadasz probably gets something close to $12-13m on the open market. Nobody should be surprised if Dallas doesn't want to pay that.

mardwin

Reaction score
All off season people were questioning the backup OL's. They have performed well and look like eventual starters.

A couple more on IR and I'm sure the Cowboys draft another next April.

No one should be worried about Tyron's retirement in a few months.
Tyron has not been durable for anyone to be concerned about his retirement. He is great when he's available but he's been out too often as of late.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Biadasz isn’t going anywhere.

Really never understood all the #BiadaszHate on here.

Must be a TFred thing?
Not hate. Just that he seems to be a borderline starter. Is that someone you re-sign or try to upgrade? I would very much be looking to upgrade his spot. I'm not adverse to paying a fairly hefty salary if a vet is available that is a clear upgrade. I just don't want to pay him a hefty salary based on what I have seen.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They let Williams and McGovern both walk...Biadasz probably gets something close to $12-13m on the open market. Nobody should be surprised if Dallas doesn't want to pay that.
Spot on. Biadasz is good enough to start in this league, but isn't good enough to be a difference maker. The Cowboys history shows that they are very quick to let similar players walk and collect the comp pick. Nothing against the guy, but I would be pretty surprised if he is a Cowboy in 2024.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Edoga has actually been pretty solid. I like what Richards has shown thus far ..... but he hasn't proven himself in real games yet.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Spot on. Biadasz is good enough to start in this league, but isn't good enough to be a difference maker. The Cowboys history shows that they are very quick to let similar players walk and collect the comp pick. Nothing against the guy, but I would be pretty surprised if he is a Cowboy in 2024.
I wouldn't really be surprised either way.

I do think that if this is Tyron's last year, it's hard to replace 2 OL. Next year might be Martin's last in Dallas as well - replacing 3/5 of your OL in two offseasons is really difficult.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I wouldn't really be surprised either way.

I do think that if this is Tyron's last year, it's hard to replace 2 OL. Next year might be Martin's last in Dallas as well - replacing 3/5 of your OL in two offseasons is really difficult.
3/5 is exactly what they should be thinking but IF some of the young guys they have drafted the last few years take a step forward it isn't as daunting as it might seem.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well if pff scores are an indicator then there’s still plenty of work to be done

Lines take time to gel most get that. What we’ve seen thus far shouldn’t make one feel warm and fuzzy

They did get better on Sunday as the day wore on and the rams defense wore down

I have limited confidence at this point. Perhaps the future looks bright we’ll see but the present concerns me. We’ll see how they fare this Sunday

Our 2 tackle spots should concern everyone. Steele is right now showing he needs another year to get back to what he was

Tyron is also a concern because of availability

I’d be getting bass and asim reps because my guess is they will be needed sooner rather than later
Tyron is not only a concern because of availability, he is a concern because he’s not very good and hasn’t been for about 3 years now.

Verdict

Reaction score
Fredbeard was so great that any other center is going to look mediocre in comparison. TB has not progressed this year as had been hoped. He is an average starter at this point and maybe that is all he can ever be.
He might be slightly below average but he is passable.