Rookie O-lineman

starfan1

Reaction score
Tyron is not only a concern because of availability, he is a concern because he’s not very good and hasn’t been for about 3 years now.
he certainly isnt the tyron of old.it used to be when he got his mits on you it was game over. Not like that any longer. He is still ok when he plays just not dominant. My bigger issue is this stupid front office of ours continues to rely on him bypassing opportunites to get better.

Yes they drafted Tyler but they should have grabbed a guard this past draft earlier than they did. Oh well well see how the young guns progress

blueblood70

Reaction score
In my opinion Richard’s is already better than Edoga. I also think that Bass could be a better center then Tyler. If Tyron can’t go next year and we let Tyler walk we could have an Asim(Awesome) left tackle and and Bass-***(yes I think that should be his nickname) Center.
You know what's ironic I've been saying this all off season and so far this year and there was some post about trades I mean they act like we haven't addressed the offensive line...

there's so many young players on here both undrafted late round draft picks free agents undrafted free agents and I think that with some development we have some eventual starters on this team and yet fans think if we don't take a first round pick and they're not instant success like day one starters, they're not any good at all...

that's what they think literally a lot of dudes on here talking about we don't have any depth and we have no successors to some of the older players on the team..

I'm telling you every year that front office has brought in offensive lineman every single year. Eventually you're going to hit on a few of those.. I mean case in point no one thought Terrence Steele was going to be any good and right now he's struggling a little bit with his injury but he's going to be fine... But you find guys like that you keep bringing them in and eventually you're going to hit on a few... There's no guarantee if you take one in the first two rounds that they're going to be instantly good or ever any good that is just the way the NFL works...

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
why the heck would we let Tyler walk? Tyron will retire yes, Biadsz will be resigned and we will have to draft a couple of OL, one in the top 3 rounds at least.
HUH??

I mean you act like we haven't addressed the offensive line, there's so many young players on here both undrafted, late round draft picks, free agents, undrafted free agents, and I think that with some development we have some eventual starters on this team, NOW

yet fans think if we don't take a first-round pick and they're not instant success, like day one starters they're they're not any good at all...

that's what they think literally a lot of dudes on here talking about we don't have any depth and we have no successors to some of the older players on the team and I'm telling you every year that front office has brought in offensive lineman, every single year.. Eventually you're going to hit on a few of those..

I mean case in point no one thought Terrence Steele was gonna be any good and right now he's struggling a little bit with his injury but he's going to be fine... But you find guys like that you keep bringing them in and eventually you're gonna hit on a few... There's no guarantee if you take one in the first two rounds that they're gonna be instantly good or ever any good that is just the way the NFL works...

Jipper

Reaction score
They let Williams and McGovern both walk...Biadasz probably gets something close to $12-13m on the open market. Nobody should be surprised if Dallas doesn't want to pay that.
are we talking about Tyler Smith? The 1st round pick that is in his 3rd year and playing great? That's the Tyler you want to let walk?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
are we talking about Tyler Smith? The 1st round pick that is in his 3rd year and playing great? That's the Tyler you want to let walk?
What? I never even typed the word Tyler or Smith in the post you quoted.

He's also in his second year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Biadaz had some cards stacked against him from day 1. Nobody was going to come in and take over for Fredbeard. He was IMO a generational talent. I think we will give him a fair offer to stay unless one of our rookies can step up big time.

rambo2

Reaction score
All off season people were questioning the backup OL's. They have performed well and look like eventual starters.

A couple more on IR and I'm sure the Cowboys draft another next April.

No one should be worried about Tyron's retirement in a few months.
5 and 2 and in a good spot going forward.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No what I said is they've been addressing it one way or the other they have some players on this team at OL. But all throughout the history of the NFL there's some great undrafted free agents to come along and low round draft picks etc etc etc

Verdict

Reaction score
he certainly isnt the tyron of old.it used to be when he got his mits on you it was game over. Not like that any longer. He is still ok when he plays just not dominant. My bigger issue is this stupid front office of ours continues to rely on him bypassing opportunites to get better.

Yes they drafted Tyler but they should have grabbed a guard this past draft earlier than they did. Oh well well see how the young guns progress
100 percent agree. Although I think Tyron’s serviceability has pretty much passed.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Think Biadisz is a good/ really good center. Who will continue to grow as our line gels Abit more. Would definitely give him a second contract as long as he's not looking to break the bank.
I believe Tyron will retire - he's earned it !

Wish they had drafted the big Guard last year, was available in 1st. And 2nd rounds and we passed both rounds, he was drafted ve=y next pick to Baltimore and is starting.
We will/should draft a guard this coming draft as Tyler will kick out to tackle.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion Richard’s is already better than Edoga. I also think that Bass could be a better center then Tyler. If Tyron can’t go next year and we let Tyler walk we could have an Asim(Awesome) left tackle and and Bass-***(yes I think that should be his nickname) Center.
Bass has not played OC in the NFL.

Asim played 11 snaps vs Rams
- (season high)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Biadaz had some cards stacked against him from day 1. Nobody was going to come in and take over for Fredbeard. He was IMO a generational talent. I think we will give him a fair offer to stay unless one of our rookies can step up big time.
Biadasz is gonna get paid.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Think Biadisz is a good/ really good center. Who will continue to grow as our line gels Abit more. Would definitely give him a second contract as long as he's not looking to break the bank.
I believe Tyron will retire - he's earned it !

Wish they had drafted the big Guard last year, was available in 1st. And 2nd rounds and we passed both rounds, he was drafted ve=y next pick to Baltimore and is starting.
We will/should draft a guard this coming draft as Tyler will kick out to tackle.
they need these young players to work out.

We still paying for LaEl. 8.1 mill dead cap hit for 2023.

Next year we are clear to spend more on OL.