Rookie qb arm strength rumor

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Listening to some posters here, you’d think Cincy picked the wrong QB at #1.

True. lol Burrow in my opinion is going to be a great QB. He impressed me more than any QB I have seen in a while. As for DiNucci, I think he has much work ahead of him, he is a 7th rd small school QB. It will take time and a lot of work in development and even at that may not succeed. I hope he does develop

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
here is another comment from tlg1970 in the same btb article

"I actually knew exactly who DiNucci was when we selected him as I’m a Pitt alum with season tickets and watched him play for Pitt his freshman and sophomore years. Although he was a highly touted recruit in high school (was first high school QB in PA to throw for over 4,000 yards in a season) I didn’t see anything special in him when he played for Pitt, he actually lost the starting job to a freshman his sophomore year and thats why he transfered to JM.
Watching his tape at JM, he looked like a different QB, he really improved a lot with his decision making, reads and accuracy. Hopefully, he’ll continue to get better and become Dak’s backup. I’ll be rooting for him since he is a former Panther."

Same for me. I graduated from Pitt in 1986. Always like it when a Pitt Panther goes to the Cowboys.

Mannix

Reaction score
Are you sure Norm said that? Because I was listening to Norm and the others on the Ticket Draft day, and someone mentioned his lack of arm strength as being the only negative about him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing I care about is the he outperforms Jalen Hurts in the preseason. It’s fine if it’s just garbage time or on paper. I just want to make the Dak > Wentz and DeNucci > Hurts comments because that will drive their fans insane.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
i tried to find the ball velocity for denucci, but could not. however got this from Densa in a comment on BTB:

"Norm Hitzges, a DFW sports radio host said that all of the QB’s in this draft threw the ball between 54-56 MPH except DeNucci. Norm said DeNuccie threw it at 59 MPH."
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...fans-react-to-cowboys-draft-picks-on-days-2-3
Very hard to believe Dinucci can throw the football 59 mph by looking at his YouTube highlights. Throws look average speed at best.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All I can say is DiNucci like any other player taken in the draft or as an UDFA will have the chance to go to camp and prove themselves. I find is strange how people are digging in on this kid who has not even suited up. Dang give him a chance to show something before passing judgement on him.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Nice video of the pro day. He's got a nice arm, easy delivery. But man he has some skinny legs, he might need to build some lower body muscle. I don't think he has calves.

I looked at his Instagram after the draft and I also noticed his skinny base. Tony was much thicker. I think he will need to get stronger in his base to stick around.