Rookie TE Jake Ferguson has impressed

quickccc

Reaction score

i admit that i want to see more of high ' leaping' Jake Ferguson - he's only had a bit more than a handful of catches in the pass game as a rookie .. but twice he's made some highlight reel wow catches ...

Plus i'd like to accelerate the rapport between Dak and Ferguson ... yeh i'll say it, i'm preparing for the departure replacement of Dalton Schultz, ..more so, even as a rookie, Ferguson is already a better inline/edge blocker than Schultz.

We're in good shape to move on from Schultz, as we not only have Ferguson but rookie Peyton Hendershot as well. The more game experience both will continue to get, the more set, prepared we'll be with quality
TE play and depth going into next year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's sad because Dalton Schultz has turned into a Jason Witten clone. He is definitely Dak's security blanket, and has become quite dependable and effective in the passing game. His only question mark is still his run blocking even though he has improved some from years past. Wish the Cowboys could keep him, but with other big contracts due for players of definite need like Tony Pollard and a few others, along with having excellent backups and much cheaper youth, Schultz might be playing his last games for the Cowboys this season.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It's sad because Dalton Schultz has turned into a Jason Witten clone. He is definitely Dak's security blanket, and has become quite dependable and effective in the passing game. His only question mark is still his run blocking even though he has improved some from years past. Wish the Cowboys could keep him, but with other big contracts due for players of definite need like Tony Pollard and a few others, along with having excellent backups and much cheaper youth, Schultz might be playing his last games for the Cowboys this season.
I think Shultz has earned his pay day And Stephen will make it happen

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay Schultz. We’re loaded at TE.

Plus it will help us keep our best offensive weapon which is Tony Pollard.
We suspect that we are loaded Shultz is having a good season and he is blocking a lot better he has knocked several players off their feet

Creeper

Reaction score
Ferguson is better now than Schultz was as a rookie. If he improves the way Schultz did, he will be better than Schultz in 3 years.

IMO, the Cowboys have other players they need to sign down the road, like Diggs. I'd raather they use their cap space on Diggs than Schultz. No offense to Schultz. He is a good player but it will be easier to replace him than Diggs.

rambo2

Reaction score
Schultz can take his $11m arse out of Dallas next season. Ain't worth it. Fergie/Hendershot and Mckeon will be more than adequate at half the cost between all of them.
He sure was worth it in the last game. Excellent receiver.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Ferguson is better now than Schultz was as a rookie. If he improves the way Schultz did, he will be better than Schultz in 3 years.

IMO, the Cowboys have other players they need to sign down the road, like Diggs. I'd raather they use their cap space on Diggs than Schultz. No offense to Schultz. He is a good player but it will be easier to replace him than Diggs.

They might want to sign Steele too

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Schultz has been a pleasant surprise on how he has turned out. So have these new guys.

ghst187

Reaction score
Just depends on how much he will sign for…
Steele and Pollard would be much higher priority and then we have to think of Diggs and Parsons paydays coming down the pipe.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Ferguson caught all three of his targets for a career-high 57 yards in Thursday's 28-20 win over the Giants.
Impact Thirty of those yards came on a spectacular catch-and-run early in the fourth quarter that saw the rookie tight end hurdle one New York defender before lowering his shoulders and trucking another for an extra few yards. Ferguson's fantasy value is low now that Dalton Schultz is fully healthy, but he's showing impressive glimpses of his potential if he grows into the starting role down the road.
Shultz is there now Ferguson is for now and later
detail.jpg

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

i admit that i want to see more of high ' leaping' Jake Ferguson - he's only had a bit more than a handful of catches in the pass game as a rookie .. but twice he's made some highlight reel wow catches ...

Plus i'd like to accelerate the rapport between Dak and Ferguson ... yeh i'll say it, i'm preparing for the departure replacement of Dalton Schultz, ..more so, even as a rookie, Ferguson is already a better inline/edge blocker than Schultz.

We're in good shape to move on from Schultz, as we not only have Ferguson but rookie Peyton Hendershot as well. The more game experience both will continue to get, the more set, prepared we'll be with quality
beenimpmpimimnini

TE play and dO haveepth going into nI haveext year.

I have been impressed!
By Hendershot too!!!!!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think all of our TEs are around the same level of talent, actually.

It comes down to cost, which I hate to say.