News: Rookie Williams must earn Romo's trust

Deep_South

Reaction score
I mean, when i hear people use the excuse that Williams made the wrong route adjustment and that's partly what caused the overthrow, i just have to laugh to myself. It makes no sense. Tony saw what he was doing, and the ball went to the spot Williams was running to.

It especially makes me laugh because when L Rob was here, and he has his great chemistry with Tony, alot of that was improvisation by both of them. Very few times did any of L Rob's big catches come off of a set route. So Tony has plenty of experience with improvising the play and its one of the things he normally does very well.. so to say that T Will threw him off there is a weak argument, imo. (not that im saying that was your argument.)

I think you pose an interesting question though..it'd be cool to hear what JG has to say about that.

Laurent Robinson had a knack for getting open when Romo had to scramble when his protection broke down. He didn't ignore the play called in the huddle and do what he wanted. Romo liked him because he ran the routes exactly as he was supposed to and had a knack for getting open when the play broke down.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Laurent Robinson had a knack for getting open when Romo had to scramble when his protection broke down. He didn't ignore the play called in the huddle and do what he wanted. Romo liked him because he ran the routes exactly as he was supposed to and had a knack for getting open when the play broke down.

Neither did T Will.