Twitter: Rookies DL Osa Odighizuwa and DE Chauncey Gholston Media Session Tweetcap - 05/14/21

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think Odighizuwa is going to surprise a lot of people. He was one of my favorite DTs in the draft. He’s tough against the run and can pressure the QB.

I honestly think he’ll be better out of the gate than Christian Barmore.
You were doing great until you said Odiguizuwa will be better than Barmore. I hope you are right, but you do know who drafted Barmore and who will be coaching him up?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Odighizuwa may not be a gargantuan DT but he's packing an awesome amount of power in that short, stocky body!! :grin:

He's already gone from 280 lbs. to 285 in merely two short weeks. I'm starting to wonder where he ultimately ends up. ;)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Odighizuwa really looks like he would enjoy ripping a guys head off and spitting down his neck! No wonder he won 3 wresting titles! :omg:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For everyone who keeps saying that Odighizuwa is a 34 DE… please note that they are practicing him at 43 3Tech DT. Because, they drafted him to be a 3 tech.

In his press conference, Quinn said that Odighizuwa would be a 3 tech, and mow he is practicing there.

Maybe people will believe now that he’s a 3.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
For everyone who keeps saying that Odighizuwa is a 34 DE… please note that they are practicing him at 43 3Tech DT. Because, they drafted him to be a 3 tech.

In his press conference, Quinn said that Odighizuwa would be a 3 tech, and mow he is practicing there.

Maybe people will believe now that he’s a 3.
He is probably the best run 3T currently on the roster, has an excellent chance to start day 1

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He is probably the best run 3T currently on the roster, has an excellent chance to start day 1
No doubt. He is uniquely built for that position. He is a little on the shorter side, so he’ll have some natural leverage against most guards, but his arms are freakishly long for his height, giving him another advantage vs. guards. Most shorter guys have that leverage advantage, but suffer from having to play against guys who have longer arms. Odighizuwa won’t have shorter arms than probably any interior OL.

He’s also very good on the inside because of his wrestling background. He’ll be better with the hand-fighting and body positioning than most.

I kind of think some people are sleeping on this guy. He was a very good prospect for what Quinn wanted out of a 3 tech. A lot of fans think he’s some run stopping DE, but he’s here to help the interior pass rush, while also helping the interior run defense.

He was a very good pick.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
No doubt. He is uniquely built for that position. He is a little on the shorter side, so he’ll have some natural leverage against most guards, but his arms are freakishly long for his height, giving him another advantage vs. guards. Most shorter guys have that leverage advantage, but suffer from having to play against guys who have longer arms. Odighizuwa won’t have shorter arms than probably any interior OL.

He’s also very good on the inside because of his wrestling background. He’ll be better with the hand-fighting and body positioning than most.

I kind of think some people are sleeping on this guy. He was a very good prospect for what Quinn wanted out of a 3 tech. A lot of fans think he’s some run stopping DE, but he’s here to help the interior pass rush, while also helping the interior run defense.

He was a very good pick.
Good observation brother!

Cowboyny

Reaction score

He was a very good pick.
Many are upset, cause the media scouts thought he was a reach at 75. Liked him far better then Milton Williams whom the Cowboys would of taken if available. Right now he is a very good run player, perhaps the best at the position on the roster. At the Senior Bowl he was terrific as an interior rusher. I like him at this stage far more then both Gallimore/Hill.