Roscoe Crosby 2nd workout update...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas considered one team as interested...

per NFL Network - Adam Schefter:
When he ran during his private workout in South Carolina last week that 17 NFL teams attended -- during which former NFL quarterback Shaun King threw to him -- Crosby was clocked in the 40-yard dash in the high 4.4's. Now most teams view him as a late-round pick, possibly a seventh rounder, if he's even drafted at all. But teams are aware of his athleticism and there are enough teams that need some receiving help, even if it won't come this season. Teams that have studied Crosby include Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Miami, New Orleans and Kansas City.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8640758

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Trophy#6 said:
I just don't get Parcells logic in all this regarding the WR position. The two guys we have are supposed to be 2 of his most prized pupels (Key/Glenn)...so why doesn't he get a project in their for them to carve out...pass some of that on?

As is now, they're just two old guys with talent that could go down at any second to injury. IMO, they're money is not being made if they're not passing on what they know. It's like what is the point..

..And I mean pass their knowlegde on to someone worthy of recieving it...not some practice squad/lower-tier guy, but somebody with potential...like Roscoe.

I think one thing that has really seperated Dallas from top organizations like Philly and New England is those organizations don't wait to find a replacement until the issue is dire. Philly sees two aging CB's on the tail end of their contracts, and they draft Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown and groom them for a couple of years and they're ready to step in immediately when Vincent and Taylor move on. Philly sees an aging Jermaine Mayberry and Jon Runyan on their right side, so they draft Shawn Andrews to eventually replace them.

We don't start looking for Emmitt's replacement until after he's retired, even when he's obviously in the dusk of his career. Troy Aikman's working on 6 concussions, but by God we're not going to draft a QB until he's been officially knocked out. We don't address an issue until its urgent and the options are limited.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I think one thing that has really seperated Dallas from top organizations like Philly and New England is those organizations don't wait to find a replacement until the issue is dire. Philly sees two aging CB's on the tail end of their contracts, and they draft Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown and groom them for a couple of years and they're ready to step in immediately when Vincent and Taylor move on. Philly sees an aging Jermaine Mayberry and Jon Runyan on their right side, so they draft Shawn Andrews to eventually replace them.

We don't start looking for Emmitt's replacement until after he's retired, even when he's obviously in the dusk of his career. Troy Aikman's working on 6 concussions, but by God we're not going to draft a QB until he's been officially knocked out. We don't address an issue until its urgent and the options are limited.

:hammer:

Exactly!!!!! No truer words have ever been spoken (written).

aikemirv

Reaction score
What does the fact that we do not have a fourth round pick next year have to do with anything. The value of a pick in the current year is worth more than the value of that same round pick next year, so in essence spending a pick on him now versus using that same round pick next year is a great deal!!!!

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Guy's as much as I'd like to see us get some youth a WR.....this guy Crosby wasn't even good enough to become Mr. Irrevelant (very last pick). There's been a lot of guys to come through the NFL that were big and ran very fast....ex. Alexander Wright, Randall Williams and...well, must I go on. Lets just hope that someone with some speed and can catch a little bit gets cut for some reason.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas4ever said:
Guy's as much as I'd like to see us get some youth a WR.....this guy Crosby wasn't even good enough to become Mr. Irrevelant (very last pick). There's been a lot of guys to come through the NFL that were big and ran very fast....ex. Alexander Wright, Randall Williams and...well, must I go on. Lets just hope that someone with some speed and can catch a little bit gets cut for some reason.

I am not entirely sure that he was elligable for the draft in April.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I would go as high as the 5th round for him. I look at the caliber of WR's taken in 5th round this year and you have Airese Currie who currently can't pass his physical and a kid who played community college football last year. So, I don't think its much of a projection to say Crosby belongs in that teir of talent.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I would go as high as the 5th round for him. I look at the caliber of WR's taken in 5th round this year and you have Airese Currie who currently can't pass his physical and a kid who played community college football last year. So, I don't think its much of a projection to say Crosby belongs in that teir of talent.

I would agree with this. I don't know what's up with Currie but I know the community college kid. I think your talking about Larry Brackins. That guy has some extremely unique abilities, physically. I think this WR is probably worth a 5th round selection. However, I would not be surprised to see him go in the fourth.