Rosenhaus saves boy at Disney pool

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I've been wondering if this man would ever do anything useful and today he did. Good Job Drew for a change-

NFL | Rosenhaus Saves Boy from Drowning
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:20:10 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports agent Drew Rosenhaus administered CPR to a toddler Tuesday, July 19, who had essentially drowned in the pool at the Grand Floridian Hotel in Orlando. Four-year-old Maurice Hill, who had no pulse when he was pulled from the pool, had CPR administered to him by Rosenhaus until paramedics arrived and took over treatment. Rosenhaus said he was a life guard in high school and learned CPR. According to the police, Hill was in stable condition at a local hospital.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Geez, the kid had no pulse...Rosenhaus knew what he was doing...bless him.

calico

Reaction score
he will probably hit the family up with a rescue fee.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3772888

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - NFL player agent Drew Rosenhaus performed CPR to save a young boy pulled unconscious from a swimming pool at a Disney World resort hotel Tuesday.
The Chicago boy was on a trip with his family. He was transported to a hospital but was expected to be fine, said Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office."Rosenhaus brought him back," Torres said.

Rosenhaus, whose hardball negotiating tactics have made him perhaps the league's most notorious agent, said he was at the Grand Floridian to visit clients and ran to help when he heard screaming after the boy was pulled from the pool.

"I dropped my phone, which is pretty rare," joked Rosenhaus, who worked as a lifeguard as a youngster. "I was thrilled to help the boy. It was nice to be a good guy for once."

CowboyFFL7

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3772888

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - NFL player agent Drew Rosenhaus performed CPR to save a young boy pulled unconscious from a swimming pool at a Disney World resort hotel Tuesday.
The Chicago boy was on a trip with his family. He was transported to a hospital but was expected to be fine, said Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office."Rosenhaus brought him back," Torres said.

Rosenhaus, whose hardball negotiating tactics have made him perhaps the league's most notorious agent, said he was at the Grand Floridian to visit clients and ran to help when he heard screaming after the boy was pulled from the pool.

"I dropped my phone, which is pretty rare," joked Rosenhaus, who worked as a lifeguard as a youngster. "I was thrilled to help the boy. It was nice to be a good guy for once."

lol

that's pretty funny slash cool

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its amazing when that actually happens - how few really step up and do what he did. I last took CPR 15 years ago but have saved an infant nephew and my dog from choking to death with proper first aid training. It always scares me how everyone tends to sit by and watch and not able to react.

All should get that training - it can make a difference.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Nors said:
Its amazing when that actually happens - how few really step up and do what he did. I last took CPR 15 years ago but have saved an infant nephew and my dog from choking to death with proper first aid training. It always scares me how everyone tends to sit by and watch and not able to react.

All should get that training - it can make a difference.

True , It is mandatory at my school. Well it was at my middle school. I'm in high school now. I'll be playing varsity this year. I'll upload some vids , and pics if you all want :)

Nav22

Reaction score
It always scares me how everyone tends to sit by and watch and not able to react.
Learned about this sorta thing in my lowly "Intro to Psych" class. When there's a big group watching something like this happen, it's more likely that nobody will step up: everybody is thinking, "Well I don't need to do it, somebody else will do it."

But when it's only 1-2 people around, those 1-2 people are MUCH more likely to step up.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
All should get that training, I had it in Boy scouts and took elective classes in high school. I never thought I'd have to use it but have.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Moms a nurse and I spent 12 years in the military got so sick of the first aid classes but then again we had to test on how to field dress a wound; suken chest wounds; how to treat shock etc etc.

It is cool that he steped up and saved the boy

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
roo -

kudo's someday you can make a difference like Ruehouse did. Especially in shock situations response time is the difference.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I've done it several times but always in a hospital setting and generally with poor results. The issue has to do with the fact most people who have a cardiac arrest in hospital are very, very ill people who are dying from their underlying conditions. This is very different than the person that drops to the ground on the street. The estimated long-term functional survival from an in-hospital "code" is about 10%. I have run 8 true codes with 1 success.

Everyone should take CPR/First Aid and if your skills are rusty, you need to take the refresher course.

The three most basic things to remember in most situations are:

Diagnose the situation by checking for pulse and respiration.

Have the ambulance come as soon as possible once you have determined there is no pulse and no respiration.

Do CPR as poorly done CPR is much better than no CPR. Don't worry if your technique is rusty - if no one else is willing or able and you kind of remember how to do it, take charge of the situation and do what you remember. Don't worry too much about ratio of compressions to breaths. Get good chest compressions over the middle of the sternum at a fast rate. If you have a helper, you can naturally split with one of you doing mouth-to-mouth and one doing compressions, otherwise you'll be going back and forth alot and will burnout.

Nav22

Reaction score
How funny/demented would it be if this was staged? Rosenhaus seems like the only guy sleazy enough to pull something off like that to repair his image.

Skeptic

Reaction score
Nav22 said:
How funny/demented would it be if this was staged? Rosenhaus seems like the only guy sleazy enough to pull something off like that to repair his image.

Classless.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Drat. Now I have to dislike him a little less.

Round of applause for Rosenhaus.

There, now I can get back to disliking him. :)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Learned about this sorta thing in my lowly "Intro to Psych" class. When there's a big group watching something like this happen, it's more likely that nobody will step up: everybody is thinking, "Well I don't need to do it, somebody else will do it."

But when it's only 1-2 people around, those 1-2 people are MUCH more likely to step up.

Thing is, be aware of the laws. If there is no good samaritan law and you do some damage in the process you could be up for a law suit.(Rare) There are also some states that require you to finish the process. If you start it you'd better be there when paramedics arrive. You can't administer for a few minutes and walk away.
I do agree...it's invaluable and only requires about 6-7 hours 1 day a year.
I take CPR/First Aid every two years and recommend it. I've never used it but one never knows.

Eskimo

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Thing is, be aware of the laws. If there is no good samaritan law and you do some damage in the process you could be up for a law suit.(Rare) There are also some states that require you to finish the process. If you start it you'd better be there when paramedics arrive. You can't administer for a few minutes and walk away.
I do agree...it's invaluable and only requires about 6-7 hours 1 day a year.
I take CPR/First Aid every two years and recommend it. I've never used it but one never knows.

About the paramedics, call them before you start the CPR.

In terms of finishing, we sometimes would run codes for up to 40 minutes - we would change off periodically - it is very exhausting to do the chest compressions properly.

I don't know all the technical legalities in the US but medically speaking, a patient who has a cardiac arrest is dead and you can do no harm. You can execute CPR poorly and perhaps inefficiently but you can't harm a dead person.

I'd be curious if there ever was a successful lawsuit against a bystander who performed CPR - talk about an ingrate.