Video: Ross Tucker On How Micah Parsons Will Excel With The Cowboys

ghst187

Reaction score
Wow that clip will get you hyped.
As for coverage...we got Jabril Cox who’s forte is coverage.

JBS

Reaction score
I still say Micah Parsons can be Ro McClain without the off field issues.

Man, don't tell me this

I've been begging for another R. McClain for like 5 years now. Say whatever you want about that guy, but he was an absolute beast on the field. Dallas hasn't had a physical presence like that on the field in ages.

If Parsons is another McClain, I will be ecstatic

Carson

Reaction score
Man, don't tell me this

I've been begging for another R. McClain for like 5 years now. Say whatever you want about that guy, but he was an absolute beast on the field. Dallas hasn't had a physical presence like that on the field in ages.

If Parsons is another McClain, I will be ecstatic
Parsons to me is better than Ro Mac. I know he hasn’t played an nfl down yet. But he will be better than McClain was and expected to be.

This kid is special. He’s going to haunt the division for many of years.

You can’t coach straight dawg on the field. This kid is it. This is his dream team, his family’s favorite team and he was set on being a Cowboy. He won’t let us down

JBS

Reaction score
Parsons to me is better than Ro Mac. I know he hasn’t played an nfl down yet. But he will be better than McClain was and expected to be.

You can’t coach straight dawg on the field. This kid is it. This is his dream team, his family’s favorite team and he was set on being a Cowboy. He won’t let us down

R. McClain was an absolute animal. The bar is set very high if he's going to be better than McClain. And play making alone isnt going to be good enough. Ro elevated the entire defense when he was on the field. He turned a group of softies into a much more physical group. If Parsons can match that, he will be incredible.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
R. McClain was an absolute animal. The bar is set very high if he's going to be better than McClain. And play making alone isnt going to be good enough. Ro elevated the entire defense when he was on the field. He turned a group of softies into a much more physical group. If Parsons can match that, he will be incredible.
He's got his work cut out if he's going transform softies into being more physical on this def.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense got a serious upgrade that was sorely needed with Parsons. That's the kind of talent the Cowboys have lacked to help get the defense turned around. If some of the pieces around him play to their expectations then the Cowboys will be ready for the playoffs.

quickccc

Reaction score
I've heard the comparison to White a few times. Pretty amazing, a full ride scholarship to Penn State after three games as a high school freshman.

Devin White,.. Clay Matthews, ..Patrick Willis, ,..but .i am surprised that i havent heard any comparison to NaVorro Bowman, another ex Nittany Lion,...

With White, he's the flavor of the NFL right now when it comes to LBs, especially when you add his stellar play to Bucs overall super bowl drive success
if not for his season IR injury,, i'm sure we wouldve heard Parson compared to Steelers Devin Bush as well.

Carson

Reaction score
Attitude reflects leadership. Parsons is a leader. When the leaders of the defense were soft they all just followed in line. Not anymore

quickccc

Reaction score

Really ?.. when was the last time, only time McClain even made an All pro or pro bowl during his NFL career ?

JBS

Reaction score
Really ?.. when was the last time, only time McClain even made an All pro or pro bowl during his NFL career ?

This is what I was referencing earlier. McClains impact wasn't just on the stat sheet. He elevated the entire defense. He brought a level of physicality to this defense that has been sorely missed.

quickccc

Reaction score
Attitude reflects leadership. Parsons is a leader. When the leaders of the defense were soft they all just followed in line. Not anymore

McClain was never dedicated to NFL football. there were more priorities in front of him vs the love of football, it was similar to David Irvin-itis.
Back to a guy that seemed to want to find ways around practice, to skip practices, late to meetings, wouldn't play thru pain, and got into all sorts of on -off field incidents

A big guy his size, his mobility both downhill and lateral, enormous tackling power and surprising knack for passing lanes could've been, ..should've been a perennial pro bowler
for years to come. But just a paycheck mentality and a Purple-drank buzz addiction was a much higher priority to him.

quickccc

Reaction score
This is what I was referencing earlier. McClains impact wasn't just on the stat sheet. He elevated the entire defense. He brought a level of physicality to this defense that has been sorely missed.

but that physicality, tone and impact wasn't even more than just a year. He only played according to his motivation.
That's a player that is not gonna be Beast Mode for you past the one year rental.

quickccc

Reaction score

McClain (when he was motivated, felt like playing) may have a better knack vs passing game than Parson, especially when it came to playing the passing lane.
But that was when he was in the NFL during his very brief career.

Hopefully we will eventually see that from Parson at the NFL level too.
He wasn't asked to do much coverage as he was such as a lethal weapon force as a blitzer.

I do know that Parson is a better pure athlete than McClain.
man, ..You just don't find a near 246 pounder that's running 4.36... that's a flat out freakish !

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
but that physicality, tone and impact wasn't even more than just a year. He only played according to his motivation.
That's a player that is not gonna be Beast Mode for you past the one year rental.

Oh there is no question that he didn't play long for Dallas. I'm not arguing otherwise. That's how thirsty this defense is for that type of player. It only took a flash of it, to have us longing for more.