Ross Verba?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I'am throwing my 2 cents in and saying lets give him what he wants for the year and get him in!. We have a chance to make some noise in the weak NFC, so lets not let this injury slow us down!. :iggles: :trophy: :suxiggle: :disseags:

rgcowboys

Reaction score
Parcells did say he had somebody coming in tomorrow so thats when we find out who he is. Maybe trading with Cleveland since there are ties there. This is going to drive me crazy, just hope for the best. And one more thing. Larry Allen can not play LT no more in his career, he is to slow. A speed rusher will blow right by him.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
I'am throwing my 2 cents in and saying lets give him what he wants for the year and get him in!. We have a chance to make some noise in the weak NFC, so lets not let this injury slow us down!. :iggles: :trophy: :suxiggle: :disseags:

I have to disagree with the weak NFC comment this year...:D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Sure wish we knew who that somebody is........&^(&*&__(

Maybe we could all feel a little better about this situation if we knew what Parcell's options were.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Ross Verba 2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 73 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
He is a little short for an OT and he does not have long arms, but makes up for some of that by being an above average athlete. He shows good foot quickness. He can short set and get good position. He is a solid technician - plays with solid balance and body control. He is keeps good position - doesn't take fakes on double rush moves. He is a good competitor, but not the tough, physical nasty player he tries to portray himself as. He is an effective run blocker in space. He flashes to want to get downfield and make blocks. He shows solid initial, foot and lateral quickness. He is not very big - kind of manufactured and topped out weight/size wise. Can get in trouble at times giving up his outside edge and he does not have the arm length to consistently take the DE wide around the QB.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
BlueWave said:
What the heck is that, some type of code?

The code for my cuss words.......I hate the idea of having to ban myself. :D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Ross Verba 2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 73 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
He is a little short for an OT and he does not have long arms, but makes up for some of that by being an above average athlete. He shows good foot quickness. He can short set and get good position. He is a solid technician - plays with solid balance and body control. He is keeps good position - doesn't take fakes on double rush moves. He is a good competitor, but not the tough, physical nasty player he tries to portray himself as. He is an effective run blocker in space. He flashes to want to get downfield and make blocks. He shows solid initial, foot and lateral quickness. He is not very big - kind of manufactured and topped out weight/size wise. Can get in trouble at times giving up his outside edge and he does not have the arm length to consistently take the DE wide around the QB.

Nothing against you..but I think that's total BS..Who cares how short he is?

Can he block?..That's what I care about!

There have been so many misses on draft day because people are so caught up in this BS that you have to run so fast..be so tall..jump so high..That they can't see the Forest for the Trees!

Can the man play? That's all I care about!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If he is so good ...... then why is he still a free agent? I know he wanted big money and stupidly wanted out of his deal with the Browns but come on.

He did play with Rivera so there might be something there

ratpower

Reaction score
Verba certainly has a nasty streak to him...maybe not all the marbles are upstairs...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:

Great idea.......I had forgotten about Verba.......this could very well be the answer!

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
There was a big article about him in the Green Bay paper earlier this season and it sounds like he's lost his desire to play football and the only reason to play anymore is for big $$. Nothing worse than a player that is just playing for the money.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys said:
There was a big article about him in the Green Bay paper earlier this season and it sounds like he's lost his desire to play football and the only reason to play anymore is for big $$. Nothing worse than a player that is just playing for the money.
Maybe he'll sign a 1 year deal with us to prove that he deserves the $$$$$. There's no one more motivated than someone who wants to prove he deserves the cash

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
If not Verba then I hope it's Chris Terry and not some Truck Driver off the street!.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Ross Verba?

He should change his name to Wrong Verba, IMO.

It may come to that, but I'd rather look at Chris Terry or Marc Columbo and hope one of our own holds the fort with the cast away as depth.

ddh33

Reaction score
I had forgotten about Columbo. He was a first round pick once upon a time, right? That either says something good about him or something really bad since he's not on a team.

Bluefin

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
I had forgotten about Columbo. He was a first round pick once upon a time, right? That either says something good about him or something really bad since he's not on a team.
First rounder of the Bears back in 2002.

He blew a knee out, battled rust issues last season from the layoff and wasn't good enough to make the cut this year.

No matter what, he's worth a look, IMO.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Nothing against you..but I think that's total BS..Who cares how short he is?

Can he block?..That's what I care about!

There have been so many misses on draft day because people are so caught up in this BS that you have to run so fast..be so tall..jump so high..That they can't see the Forest for the Trees!

Can the man play? That's all I care about!

The man's played 8 seasons as a starter. Guess he can block some. As for the scouting report, I didn't write it, just passing it along. I sure don't claim to know more than the guys that write them though.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
In all honesty, the first route will probably be Tucker and some young guy will be brought in to provide depth.