Ross Verba?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Verba makes way too much sense. Even if Tucker is the starter, we desperately need depth now. We have the cap room... we might as well make Ross happy for the year.

He plays the position, so we won't have to move people around like we would with Fonoti as some are suggesting. I also don't like moving Petitti around. The kid is looking great, but asking him to move as he's just starting to learn his new position is too much to ask, although given the kind of guy he is, he'd probably do it in a second.

Get Verba and don't think twice about it!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Verba makes way too much sense. Even if Tucker is the starter, we desperately need depth now. We have the cap room... we might as well make Ross happy for the year.

He plays the position, so we won't have to move people around like we would with Fonoti as some are suggesting. I also don't like moving Petitti around. The kid is looking great, but asking him to move as he's just starting to learn his new position is too much to ask, although given the kind of guy he is, he'd probably do it in a second.

Get Verba and don't think twice about it!

The problem is that Verba wants top left tackle money....and he definitely isn't worth it.

Lets hope the Flozell injury isn't as bad as first reported.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
junk said:
Lets hope the Flozell injury isn't as bad as first reported.
Did I miss something? Is that a possibility? :eek:

Don't toy with my emotions Junk!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
UPDATE

according to the Cowboys now, Adams is not showing any signs of a torn ACL other then a questionable MRI, so he's set for a new MRI tonight to confirm whether thats what he has or just a regular sprained knee which will be TWO major bullets dodged by the Cowboys as far as injuries go if thats the case.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
UPDATE

according to the Cowboys now, Adams is not showing any signs of a torn ACL other then a questionable MRI, so he's set for a new MRI tonight to confirm whether thats what he has or just a regular sprained knee which will be TWO major bullets dodged by the Cowboys as far as injuries go if thats the case.
Where is this coming from?

You're not the kind of guy to make something up... I'm just wondering the source.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Can Ross Verba come in and do a better job than TUcker..I think so. Will he at least give us consistant solid play at LT, again, I think so.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
UPDATE

Can we confirm this?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
The man's played 8 seasons as a starter. Guess he can block some. As for the scouting report, I didn't write it, just passing it along. I sure don't claim to know more than the guys that write them though.

I know you didn't write it..That's why I said nothing against you. :D

My point was..people get way to caught up in stats and measures that in can the guy play or not.

Obviously he can play and his height didn't hurt him at all...That's what I think is BS about these reports.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
With the pickings out there we should be checking pulses not scouting reports.

Diehardcowboy

Reaction score
I listen to Sirrius radio all the time and have heard Pat Kirwin (former GM) say several times that he couldn't believe that some had not snapped up Verba. Kirwin is a very knowledgable football mind, so I give some credence to his opinion.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Diehardcowboy said:
I listen to Sirrius radio all the time and have heard Pat Kirwin (former GM) say several times that he couldn't believe that some had not snapped up Verba. Kirwin is a very knowledgable football mind, so I give some credence to his opinion.

and he's probably in Verba's agent's back pocket -- how do you think these "insiders" get the occasional scoop? They pump up agent's players and then get favors in return. If Kirwan knew as much as any GM he'd have a GM job.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I think he is still the best option. :suxiggle: :iggles: :trophy: :disseags:

RedLine

Reaction score
Ross Verba played for Clevland and has a reputation for being a problem child according to Micky.

Ross is still a free agent partly because he has been quoted as saying "I am interested mostly in teams that need tackles. I am telling teams, if you are not willing to give me a big multi-year contract don't even bother bringing me in. How big? 35 million dollars. If I do not get what I want I will walk away from the game and hold my head up high".

Anyone still want this guy?