Drafted by Cowboys Round 7 Pick 244 Dallas Cowboys Draft DT Justin Rogers Auburn

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think he is a better prospect than Bohanna was. But Bohanna never should have been someone who got snaps
They are the same player. Neither have good movement skills (comparatively for 1Techs) and are just big guys. Everyone will mistake that for “run stopper” but again this guy does not move well enough to play at the NFL level.

I doubt he makes the team. And before everyone starts kicking and screaming, most 7th round picks do not make their teams.

The Jay Ratliff comps are way off. Ratliff was Uber athletic.

gtb1943

Reaction score
They are the same player. Neither have good movement skills (comparatively for 1Techs) and are just big guys. Everyone will mistake that for “run stopper” but again this guy does not move well enough to play at the NFL level.

I doubt he makes the team. And before everyone starts kicking and screaming, most 7th round picks do not make their teams.

The Jay Ratliff comps are way off. Ratliff was Uber athletic.
For what we really need, which is a fireplug in the middle on early downs, he could very well stick.

kskboys

Reaction score
Was referring to Vaughn.
If he makes the team this year we've done a bad job at RB. I loved the story and didn't mind taking him since it was a 6th, but now it's time to get real and find some RB's who can play.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If he makes the team this year we've done a bad job at RB. I loved the story and didn't mind taking him since it was a 6th, but now it's time to get real and find some RB's who can play
Unless he shows he can help, I agree. He will get his last chance in preseason.

Ken

Reaction score
I can't remember where I heard it...I thought from McClay about him never going backwards and how they never seen anything like it.

Tested the theory watching every snap vs Alabama last year....ya he never went backwards.

Guy is STOUT

Should be able to help us.

Carson

Reaction score
I can't remember where I heard it...I thought from McClay about him never going backwards and how they never seen anything like it.

Tested the theory watching every snap vs Alabama last year....ya he never went backwards.

Guy is STOUT

Should be able to help us.
I also like the UDFA out of Illinois Denzel Daxon.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It’s a seventh rounder so meh…., whatever, but I will admit that this was the guy I was hoping they would draft when I saw who was left at the position in the final rounds. Hoping he becomes an asset and appreciate the focus on all three areas - DE, DT and LB - on better run stoppers in the draft. Make some magic, Zimm.

chicago JK

Reaction score

Some decent quickness in a few of those highlights. That is such a tough position to play though. Will probably be a long shot. Although, we may not have more than 1 NFL player currently on our roster at that spot.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Remember the 2 - 7th round picks Marinelli was so high on. Neither made the team. Ivie and Carrell.

I hope this guy is better.
As representative of the Stick In The Mud Club, we would like to invite you to join. :welcome:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wayyy bigger than Jay Ratliff though and Jay Ratliff was quicker.
Right, I mean they still can't discern between a nose tackle and a three tech a true pure one tech that's a nose tackle.... they are a different breed and it's hard to really judge what they do till about three years in the NFL I still think Smith has an opportunity and maybe this big boy here will be a nice rotation Jay ratliff was basically a three tech you wanna compare him to somebody, how about OSA people think OSA is bad they say we can't draft Dtackles, no we have problem finding the true nose tackle with that some decent to very good 3ts here..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Right, I mean they still can't discern between a nose tackle and a three tech a true pure one tech that's a nose tackle.... they are a different breed and it's hard to really judge what they do till about three years in the NFL I still think Smith has an opportunity and maybe this big boy here will be a nice rotation Jay ratliff was basically a three tech you wanna compare him to somebody, how about OSA people think OSA is bad they say we can't draft Dtackles, no we have problem finding the true nose tackle with that some decent to very good 3ts here..
Jay Ratliff would have made a great 3t but he was a NT in both Phillips & Parcells 3-4 defenses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jay Ratliff would have made a great 3t but he was a NT in both Phillips & Parcells 3-4 defenses.
He still was not a true pure nose tackle I don't care where he lined up I'm not talking about semantics I'm talking about what is job was and I guarantee you go back and watch the games he was not eating space and getting blocked by two or three guys just to free up everyone else he was more of a guy the way the giants built their championship defensive lines they didn't have a true nose tackle they had the NASCAR sets they had the best guys that they had on their roster they put them up there on that line and let them play hell I think big cat was bigger than Jay ratliff... I'm saying let's stay in the conversation of the Dallas Cowboys need a true nose tackle a pure one tech not a hybrid and we haven't had one of those in a very long time.. I mean we had hankins but he's at the end of his career long in the tooth he doesn't count but I hope this guy from Auburn along with maybe Smiths development maybe we'll find something there in the middle...

I stand by what I said if you look at their games Jay ratliff and OSA are very similar..