Rowdy needs to go

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There ought to be a petition somewhere by some big media guys to get rid of Rowdy, it's not a coincidence that we haven't won a SB since Rowdy was unveiled as our mascot.

Before coaching and players, Rowdy should be the #1 priority this off-season. Get rid of the curse, he started right after the Cowboys sixth Super Bowl so he better go home to West Texas or something and take care of his family there far from our stadium and fans.

If you honestly think Rowdy has ANYTHING to do with the play of the Cowboys then you need a new crystal ball, magic eight ball and a new Ouiaja Board.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I’m being serious, I can’t stand mascots. I’m a stick in the mud. The worse are those mascots that have nothing to do with the team and are a gorilla who jumps on trampolines and dunks the ball at basketball games. Or the Philly fanatic whatever that lame thing is suppose to be, filthadelphia has a lousy mascot go figure.

The mascots are there for the younger fans and any adult fan that likes them. Rowdy, prior to this past year for obvious reasons, worked all year long representing the Cowboys at charity events, visiting schools and kids in hospitals, goes to various football camps and he does these things on his days off from his regular job only getting a VERY small per diem. I remember an interview with Rowdy where he said his boss at his regular job is very good about arranging his schedule so he can have days off for the events he attends. Here's a thought for you. The cheerleaders were there too during all the bad years so do you want to get rid of them too?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The mascots are there for the younger fans and any adult fan that likes them. Rowdy, prior to this past year for obvious reasons, worked all year long representing the Cowboys at charity events, visiting schools and kids in hospitals, goes to various football camps and he does these things on his days off from his regular job only getting a VERY small per diem. I remember an interview with Rowdy where he said his boss at his regular job is very good about arranging his schedule so he can have days off for the events he attends. Here's a thought for you. The cheerleaders were there too during all the bad years so do you want to get rid of them too?

Anyone who can bring good will and a smile to sick kids is great.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
There ought to be a petition somewhere by some big media guys to get rid of Rowdy, it's not a coincidence that we haven't won a SB since Rowdy was unveiled as our mascot.

Before coaching and players, Rowdy should be the #1 priority this off-season. Get rid of the curse, he started right after the Cowboys sixth Super Bowl so he better go home to West Texas or something and take care of his family there far from our stadium and fans.

Its the salary cap Dallas needs to get rid of. That was the curse.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Its the salary cap Dallas needs to get rid of. That was the curse.

The cap is here to stay. First the NFL started a cap and then the other sports started to follow suites with some kind of cap. The cap was started for two reasons. The packers and browns couldn't keep up with spending and all of the other owners saw what Jones paid for to win Super Bowls so they decided there has to be some system to keep him from buying Super Bowls.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Just why would ANY media guy give two hoots whether or not the Cowboys have Rowdy? If they did that then they would have to try to get rid of ALL mascots. Other than the very tiny fraction of fans that don't like Rowdy no business or media type person would ever consider doing that.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The only mascot we need is this girl dressed in western leathers and with dual colts on her hips. No DCC fringed boot rubbish either. I want real western gear and real boots - NO white boots!!!! We don't need another cheerleader. And she'll be ridin' dat horse behind her out onto the field. Rowdy sux and is a big fake - a ridicuous looking fake.

199d64ce4416ab9ad33fcb449150040f.jpg
I approve this message.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think Jerry should slap on a PT Barnum outfit, get some clowns and monkeys and just do it. It would be a more accurate description of the franchise.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Unfortunately, Rowdy was nowhere to be found this season and it didn't exactly go well. It seems "the curse" lies elsewhere. I wonder what it could be?